Hi all!

i just sold my old xperia, htc 8S and the playbook for 425 euros.
    and now i want to buy a BB10 device. ive been reading alot bout the 2 devices (alot of rage bout Z10 random reboot). and i have played with the Z10 (and its sometimes abit laggy when swiping up to multi task screen)

im leaning towards the Q10, but price is an important factor.

Z10 = 400 euros
    Q10= 575 euros
    both including tax

what do u guys think? should i wait for the Q10?
    05-21-13 04:24 AM
    [BOX][/BOX]
    Hi all!

i just sold my old xperia, htc 8S and the playbook for 425 euros.
    and now i want to buy a BB10 device. ive been reading alot bout the 2 devices (alot of rage bout Z10 random reboot). and i have played with the Z10 (and its sometimes abit laggy when swiping up to multi task screen)

im leaning towards the Q10, but price is an important factor.

Z10 = 400 euros
    Q10= 575 euros
    both including tax

what do u guys think? should i wait for the Q10?
    Hi ya!

It really depends on what you want. Personally I got the Z10 and have not had any problems but on the other hand the Reboot issue is there for some, that is true. They are working on it as well. If this is a major concern you ll have to weight it in your evaluation.

That said, strictly regarding the two phones features, I ll give you my perspective:
    I was always a physical keyboard BB user and was crazy about it. Virtual keyboards was something I have tried and was not able to type on, it was a real turnoff. I got the Z10 and never looked back, since the keyboard is AMAZING.

Also on the Z10 I love the screen real estate, it would be difficult for me to go back to a small screen now.
    As for lagging, I would not say it lags at all (to my experience that is). I am running 10.1.0.1880leaked OS and am really happy with it. The battery is also quite ok (takes me through the day without any problem at all on business use, quite heavy on emails and quite the calls. I am thoroughly happy about the Z10

The Q10: I think its major advantage is the battery for me. It clearly pack much more energy and has less consumption (also because of the physical keyboards, and amoled smaller screen). The keyboard being physical is a factor if you have to have it, but to my eyes, the virtual keyboard of the Z10 is absolutely amazing (plus fliking words from they keyboard as opposed from the proposed window on the Q I think makes a difference). That is preference.

I like the size and form factor of the Q10 as well.

The cons I see for my taste are the screen: too small for me now, after owning the Z10. Another issue is the AMOLED. While it consumes less and has better contrast (blacks on amoleds) it also worries me if it will get the amoled burn after a while, but this is just me.

I think they are both superb phones. I went for the Z10 and am thinking also getting a Q10 as secondary phone but honestly, and it surprises me to say that, I think I would still prefer the Z10 after having owned it for 3 months now. Your 150Euro difference could go on the accessories to get your phone protected and equipped.

As I said, depends what you need but for me, I think that on the price tag + the above, I would go for the Z10.
    Which ever you decide to get, I promise you the BB10 experience is just one of the best mobile experiences ever, I am dearly loving my device and use it extensively both for work and personal use. Just love it!

Enjoy your phone, whichever you choose at the end!
    Snazy and StreetNerd like this.
    05-21-13 04:39 AM
    Totally agree with the above.
    The choice is yours to make.

Don't believe all the drama you read that 50% of Z10's reboot, and the Q10 has a really dull screen. So much hype been spread about these 'issues' but in reality not many people finding them.

Both devices on. 273 OS run the same way, one isn't faster than the other etc.

The differences really are keyboard or no keyboard. Gamer / media watcher or productive and big typer.

Have fun making the decision.

Posted from my Q10
    DawgMan and StreetNerd like this.
    05-21-13 04:46 AM
    It pretty much boils down to your personal needs. No matter wether you spend 400 or 550� - it is a large amount of money and you should take your time considering and comparing both options.

The Q10 has the obvious disadvantage in terms of screen size. So all kind of multimedia stuff simply is better played on the Z10. Be it videos, games(!) or viewing pictures. After all it somehow depends wether you want that physical keyboard or not. Many people could easily adopt to the new virtual keyboard and by taking a look at your two previous phones, that shouldn't be a problem for you either. IMO the Q is much more a typical workhorse phone - so an actual successor to the previous Bold series. While the Z10 has its place to really compete with the iPhone/Android competition out there. The Q has superiour battery performance, the "always there" keyboard, combined with global search and shortcuts is a powerful, productive tool. I also prefer the Q10 over the Z10 in terms of build quality.
    Last but not least there are some people who really dislike AMOLED screens, something you should also think about. While colors and blacks are very crisp, there is quite some debate going on about the readability of the screen outside on a sunny day. Since I don't own a Z10, I can't speak for that device, however my Bold 9900 easily outperforms the Q10 in sunlight. Now I don't want to say the Q10 is unusable outsides per se, but it simply gets outperformed by the much older 9900.

The lag/stuttering you might've experienced in the store could be related to an early 10.0 software, the Q10 comes with a much newer 10.1 build preinstalled.
    StreetNerd likes this.
    05-21-13 04:52 AM
    StreetNerd, seriously the more this thread goes on, the more confused you will get lol.

Trust me on this, list your OWN needs from a device, go try them both out and get which suits you.

I can agree and disagree with comments on this thread already, so god only knows how confusing it's going to get for someone who DOESNT have both devices at their disposal.

Posted from my Q10
    05-21-13 05:24 AM
    Q10, definitely because the keyboard is such a joy to use, plus for gaming and movies just grab an ipad mini and you are set.

Posted via CB10
    StreetNerd likes this.
    05-21-13 06:22 AM
    All i need: good browsing xp, whatsapp, banking app(lucky my bank supports BB10) and batterylife (my Lumia 920 has ****ty batterylife, i hate!)

so the Q10 is a good fit for me, but im afraid im gonna miss the large screen size for browsing (i dont watch movies or play games on a smartphone)

the Q10 will launch nxt week so i have plenty of time to think bout it
    05-21-13 07:22 AM
    From my own perspective I dont see the shorter screen as a loss in the browsing department, you can after all only read one line of text at a time. Using the spacebar to scroll on the screen means you dont need to keep thumbing the screen.

But as I said, and you have said, have a play about with both and see how it suits you.

Plenty of pros and cons in my blog reviews about them, for MY perspective on them anyway.
    A day in the life of....
    05-21-13 07:58 AM
    I personally could not wait, so I bought the Z. Now I have both but the Q is the workhorse.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10
    05-21-13 10:30 AM
    Totally agree with the above.
    The choice is yours to make.

Don't believe all the drama you read that 50% of Z10's reboot, and the Q10 has a really dull screen. So much hype been spread about these 'issues' but in reality not many people finding them.

Both devices on. 273 OS run the same way, one isn't faster than the other etc.

The differences really are keyboard or no keyboard. Gamer / media watcher or productive and big typer.

Have fun making the decision.

Posted from my Q10
    As always, good information.

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-21-13 11:13 AM
    Get both if you can. If not, let your heart guide you. You get more apps and games with Z10 and obviously a larger screen. The Q10 has some cool battery saving features like a bigger battery and dark theme. Physical keyboard is really awesome, but then again, so is the Z10's virtual keyboard. So basically it amounts to whether you want a large screen and more apps vs. a more functional communications tool. Personally, I rock both, can't go wrong with both. When I say that, I mean that's all I have is two phones and a tablet. I don't own a TV or anything else at all, except a dusty "support laptop" that just sits there.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 05:11 PM
    ok so i got myself a Z10 (only becoz it was way cheaper thn the Q10, no contract for just 300 euros) yesterday.

like:
    - i rly like the onsceen keyboard (rly the best)
    - the hub intergration.
    - fast browser

dont like:
    - random reboots... allready had it 3x.@#%^&*()
    - same lag experience as android (im running on 10.1.0.273)
    06-02-13 02:43 AM