Hello everybody,

Let me explain my situtation. I have been a Blackberry user for two years, the 9780 and 9900. I switched to the iphone 5 because it took too long for the Q10 to be released. The problem I'm facing now though, is that I can't get used to the iphone keyboard. The battery and poor reception are two other downsides. So now I'm thinking of switching back to Blackberry, but I don't want to make a mistake because if I get the Q10 I can't go back again. My questions are:

-Are there people who have made this switch? And what is your experience?
    -Is the Q10 reliable? I mean no sudden reboots, no dropped calls, no crashing etc.
    -Is the reception as good as the 9900?
    -What are the main bugs of the Q10?
    -How is the battery-life compared to the iphone 5?
    -Are there people who have experience with Snapchat and Spotify (maybe with the new method of xsacha)?
    -Are the facebook and twitter apps comperable to the iphone 5 experience?

Thank you in advance
    06-16-13 04:59 PM
    The Q10 is reliable and has better reception than the iPhone 5. The battery is also a bit stronger. Twitter and facebook apps are horrible compared to the iPhone versions though.

I've written a review coming from the z10 and iPhone 5.

Sent from my Q10
    06-16-13 05:04 PM
    I hope you get the answers to your questions. Additionally, if possible, I would recommend you check out the Q10 in person before you buy it (at a carrier store, perhaps,) and get a feel for it. I know that the lack of a trackpad throws a lot of people off, and is downright a dealbreaker for some.
    06-16-13 05:04 PM
    Actually... Twitter app is horrible even when compared to the BB OS 7 App!
    So, that is one question answered and verified - for sure.
    06-16-13 05:06 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    @buu511 where can I find your review?
    @raino I have played a bit with the Q10 in the carrier store. It was really nice. I can deal with the trackpad missing, but the most important thing for my phone would be reliability. Because always when I need my phone the most, or it crashes, or the battery has died, or the cal is dropped etc. Really frustrating!
    06-16-13 05:16 PM
    It's currently on page 1 here called "short Q10 review". You'll read my complaints about IMAP support but I recently switched all my stuff over to exchange, which works pretty good except the "one day off birthday sync bug" and the "won't sync deleted folder bug".

My biggest problems:

- still missing a few apps to be happy (navigation for Europe, Google maps, banking app)
    - the remaining exchange bugs
    - headless apps not there yet

Sent from my Q10
    06-16-13 05:25 PM
    I read it, thank you very much!
    06-16-13 05:28 PM
    I think the reliability is good. It holds a good signal. The battery life has been great for me, much better than the i5, in my opinion. The native twitter and FB are both lacking. BLAQ is a good twitter alternative.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 05:31 PM
    I have both the Q10 and the iPhone 5. Both are great phones. If you are big into apps though, the Q10 will disappoint. I am confident though developers will start coming around though. I really enjoy my Q10 regardless.
    06-16-13 07:27 PM
    Guy in my office switched back. He seems happy with the Q10. Unless you need to have 500k games and apps it's likely a good move if you want a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    schaghticoke likes this.
    06-16-13 07:48 PM
    Personally I think Z10 might fit you better.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-16-13 07:50 PM
    Just. Because I think the touch keyboard pisses all over iPhone lol.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-16-13 07:51 PM
    Again, depends on what you are using it for. I had an iPhone 5 and a Samsung Note II before finally moving back to blackberry. I looked at my normal usage, and I never used most of the apps I downloaded with the exception of Pandora.

Chiefly I wanted a phone that could make calls. I got rid of my iPhone 5 after a few months because I was sick of not having reception and the constant dropped calls and "what did you say?" Such a disaster. It doesn't deserve to have the word phone in its name. I left Android for other reasons.

BB10 is amazingly stable for productivity. I have yet to come across any major bugs in the Z10 or Q10 in the couple of months I have been using one or the other. Email is great, phone is crystal clear (like the BBs of old), and reception couldn't be better.
    06-16-13 08:05 PM
    You should switch away from Crapple to BlackBerry Z10 / Q10. Get both, you won't regret it. In fact, I think your life will never be the same, huge improvement for you if you leave Crapple for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on a Q10 or a Z10, either way it's golden.
    06-16-13 08:15 PM
    OP, to answer your questions
    - battery life is 20-30% stronger than the iphone 5. I get roughly 15 + hours everyday with heavy usage. the phone can easily last a day and a half with moderate usage
    - facebook app is exactly the same, I use it alot, I dont know why one of the posters said it was horrible, I can't speak for twitter bc twitter is dog sh**
    - the q 10 is very reliable, I have not had 1 reboot since I got it on june 7th. I have had 2 dropped calls, which I didn'y experience on the iphone 5 at all, but that could be easily resolved.
    - signal strength is way better than the 9900 ( I had the 9930 for 2 years) hence the LTE opposed to 3 g. roughly 15-30x faster internet connection.
    -I can not comment on snap chat, because I dont have a need for that and never used it

all in all, the Q10 is an amazing phone, feels great in the hand, looks professional, never has any lag due to the 2gb of internal memory, OS is awesome and fluid, keyboard is beautiful. I sold my iphone 5 to purchase the Q10, that should sum up your concerns. Hope you make the right choice, when it comes down to it, YOUR phone is YOUR personal preference, iphone 5 is awesome, but the Q is fantastic (for me at least)
    06-16-13 08:16 PM
    its all about what you do. if you use your phone for communications and need a keyboard get the q10. Honestly, the keyboard should be the biggest reason to get a q10 IMHO
    06-16-13 08:19 PM
    Absolutely.. if games and Web browsing are more for you, and want to stick with bbry..get the Z10.. if you need apps to blow your nose.. get the iphone (kidding iphone still is a great phone) and if communications are your top priority you'll be a fool to not get the Q

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:35 PM
    Being social and productive is what I use my phone for. I don't use to much apps, but when a social app like snapchat comes I want to have it :P.
    Thank you all for you posts, I'm really considering to move to the Q10! The dropped calls scared me a bit though, anyone else having more dropped calls on the Q10 than the iPhone 5?
    06-17-13 04:45 AM
    Absolutely.. if games and Web browsing are more for you, and want to stick with bbry..get the Z10.. if you need apps to blow your nose.. get the iphone (kidding iphone still is a great phone) and if communications are your top priority you'll be a fool to not get the Q

Posted via CB10

Of all the posts I have read this seems to be the most on point. What made me interested in the Q10 was co workers who broke it down just like this. Some have kept both their iPhone (4s or 5) for personal and use the Q10 for work, much like I plan too. Others have fulfilled their need for apps using their iPad or iPod touch more. If you have a need for 2 phones(1 dedicated for work for example) and dont need all the benefits an iPhone can give you today(apps etc), then the q10 is ideal.

Everyone's usage will differ, and that's why what one person will say the q10 sucks on the same page you can read someone say the q10 > all phones out lol.
    06-17-13 05:00 AM
    Yes you should.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 05:26 AM
    I've had my Q10 for about 8 days now, I make 15+ calls a day minimum, none have dropped as of yet, I'm on Rogers network.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:42 AM
    Hello everybody,

Let me explain my situtation. I have been a Blackberry user for two years, the 9780 and 9900. I switched to the iphone 5 because it took too long for the Q10 to be released. The problem I'm facing now though, is that I can't get used to the iphone keyboard. The battery and poor reception are two other downsides. So now I'm thinking of switching back to Blackberry, but I don't want to make a mistake because if I get the Q10 I can't go back again. My questions are:

-Are there people who have made this switch? And what is your experience?
    -Is the Q10 reliable? I mean no sudden reboots, no dropped calls, no crashing etc.
    -Is the reception as good as the 9900?
    -What are the main bugs of the Q10?
    -How is the battery-life compared to the iphone 5?
    -Are there people who have experience with Snapchat and Spotify (maybe with the new method of xsacha)?
    -Are the facebook and twitter apps comperable to the iphone 5 experience?

Thank you in advance
    If you don't like the tapping on glass keyboard you will love the Q10. The battery and reception of my Blackberry is far superior to that of the iPhone 4S I own. I use thousands of minutes a month and have not had one dropped call.

To answer other questions:
    1) my experience from iPhone 4S (which is almost identical to iPhone 5) is detailed in my review on here. Search under my name for it. My biggest gripes are lack of amazing maps app (like Google) and docs to go is not like iWork on iPhone.
    2) The OS of Blackberry is super stable. No problems whatsoever. Mine has not crashed rebooted or anything like that. It has been as stable as my iPhone.
    3) Cannot compare to 9900 reception as I never owned that device. I can't imagine a phone having better reception though. It simply blows my iPhone away.
    4) The main bugs of the Q10 are basically no icloud calendar sync, some exchange bugs, and a few small others. Nothing that is really painful.
    5) Again, battery life from iPhone 4S is amazingly different. It is what I remember a Blackberry being. Unreal battery life.
    6) Don't have Snapchat and embarrassingly enough I don't even understand what spotify with xsacha is. LOL. 😄
    7) I hear the Facebook and twitter apps aren't nearly as good but you will definitely want to check into that. More searching around here on that might help you out. I would imagine with all that stuff in the hub it would be better but I don't really know.

Hopefully you go to the store and try it out. I really love the hardware and typing on the phone is joyful compared to pecking away on glass (although, surprisingly, I am faster typing on my iPhone than on my Blackberry).
    06-17-13 06:55 AM
    From a practical standpoint, the icons and text on the iPhone are smaller. In the vertical position, videos and things are bigger on the Q10 (but obviously being able to turn the iPhone horizontally gives a much bigger picture). Even compared to my wife's Samsung Galaxy 4, the Q10 videos are bigger vertically. I will say the one thing that kills video size on the Q10 is if the video is in widescreen format (like movie trailers). And as stated numerous times above, it all depends if you are a big app and game user on your phone. I have actually found the multitasking ability on the Q10 to really be awesome with the ability to quickly go in and out of apps when I need to look at a few things back and forth when leaving them open as frames.
    06-17-13 10:32 AM