Hi Crackberry! I am the proud owner of a Z10. I love it and BlackBerry. I can't believe what I was missing by carrying an IPhone. This phone and system just works! That being said I am do for an upgrade in December. I am thinking about getting a Q10 to have the best of both worlds by having a physical keyboard. My question is should I do it? Is the Q10 worth carrying both phones? I love my new Z10 except for the battery life. Should I do it?? Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 08:41 PM
    Why not wait for the Classic? Has keyboard and trackpad.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 08:54 PM
    Coming from a guy who has both the q10 and z10, skip it and check out the passport. The keyboard on the q10 just felt good but I found myself switching back and forth often. I'd miss the display that the z10 offered, then I'd miss the keyboard.
    In my opinion the passport is the best of both worlds.
    I couldn't bring myself to carry two phones.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 08:55 PM
    Coming from a guy who has both the q10 and z10, skip it and check out the passport. The keyboard on the q10 just felt good but I found myself switching back and forth often. I'd miss the display that the z10 offered, then I'd miss the keyboard.
    In my opinion the passport is the best of both worlds.
    I couldn't bring myself to carry two phones.
    I did the same thing and got rid of my Z10 to keep just the Q10. Swapping back and forth gets old quickly.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 09:24 PM
    I have Verizon so no Passport unfortunately. Knowing that is it worth it to get the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:32 PM
    Depends on what you like.

I ended up with my Q10 as my daily driver before I switched to the Passport.

It will really come down to your needs and wants for a device.

Media consumption and gaming - z10
    Messaging, emails and text - the Q10

I thoroughly enjoyed both devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:36 PM
    I mostly do emails texts and Web surfing with the occasional game. Would that work on a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:00 PM
    I own both. Had the Z10 first and I do really like the phone. The screen is fantastic and the size really is just perfect. But the Q10 form factor has always been my favorite phone form factor. I just really like the tactile feel of physical keys. Now that I have the Q10 I find that I use it predominantly. I only go back to my Z10 when I feel the urge for whatever reason.

But since your situation is for making use of an upgrade I think you might be better off saving it for the Passport or Classic. The Q10 isn't going to do anything your Z10 can't really. You'll just have the physical keyboard. The Passport and Classic will likely have some features that the original BB10 devices don't. So if you are wanting a hardware keyboard I echo what hamsterwheel said, that maybe you should wait for the Classic.
    10-04-14 10:51 PM
    I owned a Z10 for about a year and have always been curious about the Q10 so I bought one a couple weeks ago! So far I've really liked being back on a physical keyboard and with the suggestions on I've been able to be almost as fast as on my Z10, but much more accurate. The biggest change for me though has been the battery life. I would be lucky to get more than 6 hours out of my Z and with the Q I can get over 10+ hours which is incredible. I can go an actual full day without charging my phone. From waking up in the morning to going out to the bars at night. It's nice knowing if I forget to charge my phone before I go out I don't have to worry about it. Now I use the Z to browse at home and uploading to instagram. Really happy I bought the Q for 180 and didn't wait for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:09 PM
    Of course that would work. I never got into gaming on my q10, could be because i usually carry a tablet with me, so i defaulted to that device.
    I can say though, that when i was using my z10, i played on it all the time.
    As one of the other posters mentioned, i found myself wanting the form factor, the q10 may just be the best small smartphone (if that makes any sense).
    The best that i can say, is to give it a try, if you don't like it, you can always revert back to the Z10, or look into something else.

Good luck
    10-05-14 06:39 AM
    Thanks so much! I am just really intrigued by the form factor of the Q10. I am hoping Verizon will get the classic but I am not too confident they will. I think I will save the upgrade and see if I can find a Q10 on Ebay.
    10-05-14 08:21 AM
    Thanks so much! I am just really intrigued by the form factor of the Q10. I am hoping Verizon will get the classic but I am not too confident they will. I think I will save the upgrade and see if I can find a Q10 on Ebay.
    I would do that. U can get a good Q10 for under $200 now on Ebay. I was in the same boat and gave my son my Z10. I had it for over a year. I use the Q10 as my main phone and it has been great. I just like the form factor and keyboard, especially on cold days. Typing on a touchscreen when ur fingers r freezing is quite frustrating. I don't play games, but I do watch videos and don't find it to be bad. Even watched Sherlock on my Q10 when my laptop was unavailable.

The browser shortcuts are great. All of the shortcuts are nice to have. Typing is more accurate. Phone is fast, great battery life, great speaker and nice to just snap photos without having to rotate the screen.

Good luck with ur decision. Give the phone about two weeks to get used to.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Couver81 likes this.
    10-05-14 08:33 AM
    Short answer...yes

Posted from my White BlackBerry Z10
    10-05-14 08:52 AM
    I have a Q10 and tether my Playbook to it when I want more screen space. That should also work with any other tablet. However, since you already have the Z10, you might consider the suggestions you've already received (waiting for the Classic), but we don't know yet if the Classic will also have a CDMA radio in it. If Blackberry has decided to write off CDMA as an obsolete platform anyone on Verizon, Sprint or smaller US networks will have to wait until those carriers go full LTE. I am leaning heavily towards getting a Passport, but I am also looking to leave Sprint (this is one rat that doesn't want to be the last one on a sinking ship), so it is no big deal for me to go to AT&T. I live in an urban area, so signal quality is fairly equivalent among the carriers. As much as I would be happy to go to Verizon, since they have better coverage for when I visit family in more remote areas, I am not convinced Verizon will bring those remote areas up to speed in a time frame that suits me. To get back to your original question, you have to ask yourself what obligations do you wish to pursue. The Q10 under contract (2-yr, or 1-yr) is pretty inexpensive. The off-contract price (about $400) might be a bit steep just for a keyboard device, but on the other hand, I suspect the Q10 (or eventually the Q20) will be a viable backup device for a couple of years.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 08:52 AM
    Considering that the Z10 is only $200 new now. It is not a big deal if you own both.

I actually have the Z10, Q10, and the Z30, and I switch between the three.

I think it's definitely nice to own both the Z10 and the Q10, in that you can switch between the touch keyboard and the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    10-05-14 11:36 AM
    I own both. And just randomly switch here and there. I'm in the process of trying to get rid of both, and an Sg4 so I can afford a passport. The numbers get quite high once you reach Australia lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:41 AM
    Nice! I imagine I would switch between the two as I desire. I love the look of the Q10 and of course that keyboard. What kind of shortcuts can you perform on the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 12:10 PM
    Nice! I imagine I would switch between the two as I desire. I love the look of the Q10 and of course that keyboard. What kind of shortcuts can you perform on the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    Take a look at this write up
    http://m.crackberry.com/full-list-bl...-q10-shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 12:52 PM
    I would do that. U can get a good Q10 for under $200 now on Ebay. I was in the same boat and gave my son my Z10. I had it for over a year. I use the Q10 as my main phone and it has been great. I just like the form factor and keyboard, especially on cold days. Typing on a touchscreen when ur fingers r freezing is quite frustrating. I don't play games, but I do watch videos and don't find it to be bad. Even watched Sherlock on my Q10 when my laptop was unavailable.

The browser shortcuts are great. All of the shortcuts are nice to have. Typing is more accurate. Phone is fast, great battery life, great speaker and nice to just snap photos without having to rotate the screen.

Good luck with ur decision. Give the phone about two weeks to get used to.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    I'm glad you mentioned watching media on it. I feel like the Q10 gets this bum rap when it comes to using it for anything other than messaging/calling. The operating system makes it easy to do anything you would on a slab smartphone IMO. I wouldn't watch hours of video on it but a short TV show or movie is fine. I honestly have no issues browsing the web on it. The browser is so speedy and fluid that it hasn't been an issue. And gaming is alright as well. I'm not a huge gamer but Angry Birds, Bejeweled etc run fine on it.
    10-05-14 01:15 PM
    Sounds like you may find the classic useful. However, the screen of the Passport is hard to pass up.

Using Z30 and Z10
    10-05-14 01:20 PM
    I agree the passport looks like a great device. I doubt, however it will come to Verizon. Thanks for the help on the shortcuts. It seems like the Q10 would be a great fit for me. I think I would really enjoy it. And the best part is I could switch back to my Z10 when I want. Is the battery removable on the Q10? Is there expandable storage on it as well? Not that I use a lot of storage but it is a nice thing to have. Also can anyone tell me how to get my music from the Amazon store onto the phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:29 PM
    1. Yes, the Q10 battery is removable.
    2. There is an expansion slot for an SD card (I have a 64GB in mine).
    3. I haven't tried downloading music from Amazon to my phone, but I have it saved on my computer as mp3 files, which I have transferred to my Q10 via the mini USB port.
    10-05-14 06:38 PM
    Awesome thanks for all the help everyone. Definitely going to pick one up.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 08:24 PM
    If it is at all possible to leave Verizon...then go that route. GSM has a far better quality of life. 9/10 you have far more phone options.

Rockin the Q
    10-05-14 11:27 PM
    I mostly do emails texts and Web surfing with the occasional game. Would that work on a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    As fast as the browser is, the screen is too small to be anything but a backup for a lot of web surfing, but for email and text, the Q10 is just right. As for gaming, I suppose it depends on the typ of game.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:04 AM
39 12