Nowadays, it's hard for non-Blackberry 10 users to understand the continuous love we have for our devices so here's a story to help you better understand.

I was 14. Blackberry (then RIM) released the Pearl 8100 on T-Mobile and I had to have it. My parents bought me it. I guess to cope with their divorce my dad thought it would keep my mind occupied. And it did for a while as time went on I found myself texting and Web surfing. I thought I was the **** but life wasn't always bells and whistles. I struggled a lot with the divorce and my own life. I found myself talking less but using BBM and text services more. Suddenly my phone became my life and with time, I owned the Curve 8320, Bolds 9700 & 9780, both Torches, Bold 9900, the Z10 and all my worries were in my hand.

Point is with this irrelevant story, Blackberry was an icon and played a large role in our lives and for some of us it does today. Blackberry has helped us make life changing decisions, plans things like weddings and parties, and keep us close to the world around us. It's not just a phone, it's nostalgia. It's modern. It's an essential to modern life. Because Blackberry was there for me, I will be there for Blackberry. I believe it will succeed.

Although nobody will see this:

Blackberry, thank you for being there during my heart breaks, my emergencies, the laughs, the cries, love, or just a part of my life in general. I am powered by you.

Thanks for not reading,

Jose Diaz
    Proudly written on my now Q10
    01-15-14 05:35 AM
    haha I win this frivolous game because I read your sop story and now I am the man! muhahahaha!

seriously...sorry 'bout the divorce. It's nice that something has made your life easier...that's what they're meant to do.
    01-15-14 05:40 AM
    Nowadays, it's hard for non-Blackberry 10 users to understand the continuous love we have for our devices so here's a story to help you better understand.

I was 14. Blackberry (then RIM) released the Pearl 8100 on T-Mobile and I had to have it. My parents bought me it. I guess to cope with their divorce my dad thought it would keep my mind occupied. And it did for a while as time went on I found myself texting and Web surfing. I thought I was the **** but life wasn't always bells and whistles. I struggled a lot with the divorce and my own life. I found myself talking less but using BBM and text services more. Suddenly my phone became my life and with time, I owned the Curve 8320, Bolds 9700 & 9780, both Torches, Bold 9900, the Z10 and all my worries were in my hand.

Point is with this irrelevant story, Blackberry was an icon and played a large role in our lives and for some of us it does today. Blackberry has helped us make life changing decisions, plans things like weddings and parties, and keep us close to the world around us. It's not just a phone, it's nostalgia. It's modern. It's an essential to modern life. Because Blackberry was there for me, I will be there for Blackberry. I believe it will succeed.

Although nobody will see this:

Blackberry, thank you for being there during my heart breaks, my emergencies, the laughs, the cries, love, or just a part of my life in general. I am powered by you.

Thanks for not reading,

Jose Diaz
    Proudly written on my now Q10
    Hi Jose!

Thank you for your story.

There are many of us who have used BlackBerry to get through rough times. I'll tell you two specific instances where BlackBerry helped me during rough spots...

Two years ago there was an earthquake in DC, of all places. As we all evacuated the building, I noticed that nobody was able to get through on their devices to make calls home. I took my BlackBerry and was amazed to find out that even though those around me could not get voice calls or texts out, my BBM messages to my loved ones did in fact get through, so I was able to communicate where others weren't.

Similarly, when we had a particularly bad storm come through in June 2012, as I took everyone to my basement and rode it out, I took my BlackBerry down with me. Through the storm, BBM worked. For the next two days, BBM worked even when voice was dodgy.

So.....yes, I read your post. And BlackBerry has helped me through rough times too.

Keep your head up. Stay strong.
    scrapmetal58 and sk8er_tor like this.
    01-15-14 05:42 AM
    Well said, I live in AB Canada and although thankfully have had no life threatening emergencies, as a truck driver have traveled all over the USA, Canada and the Arctic and my BlackBerry Storms, Bold and now Z30 have been my voice,friend and companion. I am a Mac person but started with BlackBerry and am happy with it and have no intention of desertion. Tks

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    01-15-14 05:55 AM
    BlackBerry is the only one for me and will stick it out with them. I have a work IPhone 4S and its ok and hate the keyboard and dont use it unless I have to.

It works and always has worked and now with my Q10 with the Lengend leak it Rocks and keeps getting better.
    01-15-14 09:43 AM
    Unfortunately many people felt the same way about Palm.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:33 AM
    y wont anyone read this if its on a public forum?
    01-15-14 11:26 AM
    Nope, it was read and it was well written. I also shared your words on my own blog as well. The subject of loyalty or emotions for a piece of tech is rough, as I always say you either get it or you will never understand. Apparently you're of the former so +1 sir. Right here with you on that one.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-15-14 02:29 PM
    It brings joy that we can all agree to this because this is why we are hooked, because it's stuck we us through thick and thin and all in between!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 03:54 AM
    It brings joy that we can all agree to this because this is why we are hooked, because it's stuck we us through thick and thin and all in between!

Posted via CB10
    As QbnKelt said "Stay strong".
    And Welcome to Crackberry!
    01-17-14 04:05 AM
    Your story is very similar to mine and I've shared my story as well. A BlackBerry Curve 8330 was my first smart phone and I've never looked back or owned anything else.

Love the phone, but most of all I love the community.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    01-17-14 06:25 AM
    Beautiful, man!!
    For me, your story is a reminder of what's good in the world. We like to think that we can bring that love with us to virtual communities like Crackberry but for reasons I won't mention here, we sometimes lose our way.
    For me, it's not necessarily about your love for BlackBerry.... but your openness to share your love with us and the sense of harmony it can bring through something as simple as a post in a forum.
    I like to think that I bring something positive to this community but I'm humbled by you.
    Thank you for having the courage to share your intimate story with a group of total strangers.
    Love is a powerful thing... as is your commitment.

You're a most welcomed addition to our community!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 01-17-14 at 08:57 AM.
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    01-17-14 08:42 AM
    Great story buddy. Sorry about the divorce it must have been very hard for you to fathom at such a young age, but I'm sure it made you the man you are today.

On a side note: this is why BlackBerry is so great, us users have such passion for our devices. Go to an apple forum... and all there talking about is leaked iphone 6 images or jailbreaking.. there never content, always looking for something to come out that's better. We stay true and appreciate what's in our hands!

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-17-14 09:33 AM
    BBFL

Posted via Q10
    01-17-14 09:33 AM
    Thank you for sharing. I hope you are feeling better now. It's true what you said: BlackBerry does help us with many different life situations.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    My Friend, it's good to know that there are those who agree. Non-users have tried for years to get me off of BlackBerry, and I'm not moving. Especially, since I have a Q10. Love my phone. (And the CrackBerry Community, we may fight like Cats & Dogs, but it's all love.)

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-17-14 10:26 AM
    The Crackberry is a family of its own. It's incredible how an inanimate object can bring a group of people together.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:14 PM