Is is safe to use q10 without case?
    I use of phone is not very rough.
    If case should be used, what kind of case should be used?

BlackBerry Q10
    01-15-17 05:00 AM
    I would always recommend a case as accidents happen,as for what type of case,you can find them cheap enough on amazon or ebay,i just use a simple flip case it does the job.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 05:25 AM
    I am have mine in a amzer case/ holster combo and like the basic protection and usability.
    Shall I buy a case for BlackBerry q10?-img_20170115_072814.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 06:28 AM
    Well, that is a question you must answer for yourself.

However, having typed the message above, I will state I do not use a case for 99.9% of the time. Sometimes, an I stress very seldom, I use the OEM pouch for my Q's. Usually I prefer to have the case without a case as I like the form factor and industrial design. Also, I want to show off the phone to demonstrate the REAL Blackberry is still alive and kicking.

All the best.
    01-15-17 07:50 AM
    I think a screen protector is all you really need. I find a case defeats two of the greatest Q10 benefits: its pocketable size and battery switchability.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 11:24 AM
    Which color do you have? The black one is extremely grippy. The white one is a little more slippery. As always you have to decide if going caseless is a chance you can afford to take. I personally choose not to use a case with any of my phones because they are bulky and take away from the design.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 12:19 PM
    Hi - I do what someone else mentioned in another thread. I got the old style leather BlackBerry slip case that still shows the blinky light area when in the case, and when I use the phone it's naked or caseless. I get the best of both worlds this way, especially since the case puts it into sleep mode. My husband used this phone before me with no case and he's pretty rough on his phones. For all that, the phone still looks very good.
    01-15-17 02:54 PM
    Well, they're not very expensive at this point

I bought the official Blackberry softcase for my Q10 and liked it very much. It doesn't add much bulk.

Honestly, though, that lasted for maybe a day or two and then I decided I much preferred the grippy back of my black Q10. It's been dropped plenty of times on hardwood, tile, a few on cement and asphalt and haven't had to replace anything yet. It has a little scratch here and there, but with the paint they used on the black Q10's metal frame, it holds up extremely well and it has yet to show any metal underneath. With how well it's built, it doesn't really need a case for those who are gentle with their phones (and assuming you don't freak out when it maybe gets a tiny scuff).

I figure I might as well enjoy it the way BB intended it to be used
    Last edited by lasoiveille; 01-16-17 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Grammar. . .
    01-16-17 12:55 PM
    Shall I buy a case for BlackBerry q10?-img_20170116_1640531_edit.jpg.

I customized my Q10 with some gold housing. I don't like it to be covered so I bought a clear skin for the housing.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 07:05 PM
    Is is safe to use q10 without case?
    I use of phone is not very rough.
    If case should be used, what kind of case should be used?

BlackBerry Q10
    I use the OEM hard case and most of the time it is the OEM holster.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-17-17 05:06 AM
    Naked mostly! I have a OEM holster for when it's banging around my bag.

Naked is smaller, feels better in the hand you get to experience the full ergonomics the designers intended and everyone can see from the back it's a BlackBerry!

It's not that fragile. I've dropped mine a couple of times, even on the street. Barely noticeable scratch in one corner. My experience with Z10, Q10 (gosh especially my Curve 9360) these are really well built phones. Survived many falls, throws, drops, baby chewing on it ;-), etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 07:11 PM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I feel blackberry q10 so very fast of typing all world than PP

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 08:06 PM
    I would have a case on it the otterbox commuter is a great case and slender as well protects your ports from even getting water in it!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 09:29 PM
    There are a few articles here in CB reviewing Q10 cases. They cover different types of cases.

I found them very useful. I decided to give it a try and followed the advice in one of them, and I feel like it is the best I could find: high protection and low bulk added. I use it all the time together with a screen protector.

http://m.crackberry.com/my-favorite-case-blackberry-q10
    01-19-17 10:32 PM
    I would recommend getting a Otter Box for the Q10 I have had other cases and they never did last. I got the Otter Box and had it for about two years and I have not had any problems with it. It still look brand new like I just got it.
    Shall I buy a case for BlackBerry q10?-img_20161219_203217.png

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 12:03 AM
    Shall I buy a case for BlackBerry q10?-img_20170121_085106.jpg
    Leather pocket the best for a elegant phone like the Q10

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 01:52 AM
    I've been using my Q10 for 2 years with no case and dropped it many many times: it still works flawlessly.

I wouldn't ever consider buying a case. This phone is so tough that it doesn't really need one.

Always  Q10
    01-21-17 07:55 PM
    I've been using my Q10 for 2 years with no case and dropped it many many times: it still works flawlessly.

I wouldn't ever consider buying a case. This phone is so tough that it doesn't really need one.

Always  Q10
    You've been lucky. It is tough, but things break internally as well externally and it is in my opinion reckless to expect luck to carry one through life forever.

01-21-17 08:00 PM
    Sounds like we have a couple of mixed thoughts, nothing wrong with that.

For me, I use the OEM Hardshell case and a leather holster at the same time. I actually don't like the feel of the Q10 without the case because I feel it's too thin and the case adds just enough bulk so it feels better in my hand. I use the leather holster because it does help with the battery life but I also feel it is more convenient than taking it in and out of my pocket so many times throughout the day.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 416271
    01-22-17 07:35 AM
    I had two cases and a screen protector - now I go all 'naked' and it suits my needs perfectly, no scratches on display yet...
    But of course it all depends on where and how you your go and travel and use your phone...

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 07:56 AM
    Sounds like we have a couple of mixed thoughts, nothing wrong with that.

For me, I use the OEM Hardshell case and a leather holster at the same time. I actually don't like the feel of the Q10 without the case because I feel it's too thin and the case adds just enough bulk so it feels better in my hand. I use the leather holster because it does help with the battery life but I also feel it is more convenient than taking it in and out of my pocket so many times throughout the day.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 416271
    How does the holster help with battery life?
    01-22-17 10:21 AM
    How does the holster help with battery life?
    There was nothing in the original question about battery life.

01-22-17 12:38 PM
    He/She was asking in response to my post about battery life.

The holster helps with battery life by putting the device to sleep. Have you heard of the sleep magnet on some BlackBerry devices? The holster and leather sleeve will both activate this function.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 01:25 PM
    I didn't know about that, thank you for explaining. You mean it is the same as pressing the power button, right? Is it just a normal magnet or is it a NFC chip?
    01-22-17 01:41 PM
    He/She was asking in response to my post about battery life.

The holster helps with battery life by putting the device to sleep. Have you heard of the sleep magnet on some BlackBerry devices? The holster and leather sleeve will both activate this function.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry, I missed that question.

As for your latter point, I am well aware of the magnet and I will also point out that I stated that I have used the OEM Hard Shell Case in conjunction with the OEM Holster for years (not only with the Q10, but also with my 8330 and 9900).

01-22-17 04:33 PM
32 12