I've been wondering if I can, as an individual, set up the Balance feature on the Q10?
    Basically I want to seperate my school email and contacts and my personal email and contact.
    My school uses Google apps.

I know this may sound absurd, but I just wanna seem cool to myself, if no one minds. Security is not a big deal, I just wanna be able to swap, it just looks cool.
    05-04-13 11:30 PM
    Balance requires your device to be activated on a BES10 server. So you can't do it on your own.
    FrancoisChevel likes this.
    05-04-13 11:33 PM
    Unless you're able to set up your own BES server, but that takes a bit of knowledge
    05-04-13 11:35 PM
    Balance requires your device to be activated on a BES10 server. So you can't do it on your own.
    That sucks. But let me do some research...maybe.
    05-04-13 11:36 PM
    That sucks. But let me do some research...maybe.
    you dont need work and personal profile to seperate your contacts.. if you are using two different email accounts your contacts are in different tabs in your contact menus anyways... unless you use bes apps. Work/Personal profiles are rarely used.. i have BES on my z10.. i never go into work mode since i get my email in the hub and contacts app views contacts from both profiles (separated by email accounts)
    05-04-13 11:54 PM
    you dont need work and personal profile to seperate your contacts.. if you are using two different email accounts your contacts are in different tabs in your contact menus anyways... unless you use bes apps. Work/Personal profiles are rarely used.. i have BES on my z10.. i never go into work mode since i get my email in the hub and contacts app views contacts from both profiles (separated by email accounts)
    So, I just did some search and I guess it's just too much of a hassle. I was being overly optimistic.
    But I do understand your point, the two accounts are still separated so it doesn't really matter. Oh well. Thanks anyways.
    05-05-13 12:11 AM