Ok, here's the thing. Of course I am in the states and at this rate the Q10 will not be available for at&t til the end of May and I want it asap. Now Rogers and AT&T are using the same base band from what I gather but I want to be absolutely sure. If I buy from Rogers outright, how do I get the unlock code so I can have the Q10 on AT&T and keep my LTE speeds? Granted the 4G/hspa for AT&T is decent but I have become quite addicted to the LTE.

If this has been posted before please excuse my ignorance. I didn't find it in a search. But help out the thirsty!!!!
    04-09-13 12:44 PM
    I believe you could use the crackberry unlocking site from here: CrackBerryUnlocking.com ? BlackBerry Unlock codes, BlackBerry Unlocking, Unlock BlackBerry 10 It should work once the phone has been released.
    Hope this helps
    Sith_Apprentice and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    04-09-13 12:48 PM
    There are sites available that offer unlock codes for BB10 devices, these codes are very different than your previous versions, and generally cost quite a bit more. I have an unlocked Rogers Z10 running on ATT 4GLTE so I can tell you with certainty that this process works.

How to unlock your BlackBerry Z10 from Canadian carriers! | CrackBerry.com
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    04-09-13 12:52 PM
    Once again the crackberry true come through. Thx! You 2 are prince among men!
    04-09-13 01:18 PM
    Wasn't there something different in regards to Locking and the Q10? The way I read it was they were all unlocked, but activation on the carrier locks them on the initial software update. Would that mean that BlackBerry or the carrier would have to keep a list of unlocked devices so they do not get relocked with software updates?

Wireless service provider configuration and provisioning changes

You might remember that the BlackBerry Z10 smartphones have wireless service provider branding, configuration settings and SIM card locking loaded during the factory install. The wireless service provider applications are transferred over the wireless network.

For the BlackBerry Q10 smartphones, wireless service provider branding, configuration settings and SIM card locking data are downloaded during a software update (which, as previously mentioned, now occurs using a background process instead of separate task during the OOBE).The wireless service provider applications are still transferred over the wireless network.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os-...s-get-detailed
    04-09-13 04:29 PM
    I just got my Z10 unlocked with Unlock Blackberry | Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung HTC |CellUnlock.net and it worked perfectly. They are alos able to unlock the Q10 I already asked them that question.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    04-15-13 12:20 PM
    Keep in mind that unlock codes may not be available from Day 1. If you want to start using your Q10 as a primary phone right away, it may not be possible, so hang on to your old phone just in case. Some users here who went up north to grab a Z10 reported having to wait several days before the unlock code came in, so the phone was basically useless except over wifi in the meantime.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    04-15-13 12:57 PM
    $45 for unlocking is quite steep! Any other cheaper alternative?
    04-21-13 03:43 AM
    Ebay will be full of unlocked Rogers Q10s as soon as Rogers' launch day and most from reputable sellers. That will be your quickest, most hassle free way of getting an unlocked Rogers Q10 in the states. I've done it many times, and as recently with my unlocked Rogers Z10. Which does in fact run successfully on AT&T's LTE network. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:21 AM
    Ebay will be full of unlocked Rogers Q10s as soon as Rogers' launch day and most from reputable sellers. That will be your quickest, most hassle free way of getting an unlocked Rogers Q10 in the states. I've done it many times, and as recently with my unlocked Rogers Z10. Which does in fact run successfully on AT&T's LTE network. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Do you a name for a couple of these sellers?
    04-21-13 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a name for a couple of these sellers?
    04-21-13 10:41 AM
    Do you have a name for a couple of these sellers?
    You don't need names. Just search for a Q10 on ebay after it releases and look for those with a "top rated seller" badge.
    04-21-13 10:43 AM
    You don't need names. Just search for a Q10 on ebay after it releases and look for those with a "top rated seller" badge.
    Exactly! It's very simple. You'll see.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:28 AM
    According to my talk with Rogers live representative, if you purchase the Q10 with retail price, the phone is unlocked.
    04-21-13 11:51 AM
    just one thing. in future updates to the device, would the phone relock? or unlocking it with blackberry will unlock it forever. i am just balancing if i should wait for 3 months and unlock it official with fido (50 dollars) or just unlock it immediately with crackberry website.

thanks
    04-21-13 11:57 AM
    According to my talk with Rogers live representative, if you purchase the Q10 with retail price, the phone is unlocked.
    i called fido as i am buying the device full price and they told me i have to wait three months and then pay 50 dollars to unlock.
    04-21-13 11:58 AM
    Just order from UK, or any other website and ship it to your self since it will be " Unlocked "
    04-21-13 12:05 PM
    Just order from UK, or any other website and ship it to your self since it will be " Unlocked "
    I think the OP wanted to be able to utilize AT&T's LTE network however. Thus, waiting for Rogers would make most sense.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:16 PM
    just one thing. in future updates to the device, would the phone relock? or unlocking it with blackberry will unlock it forever. i am just balancing if i should wait for 3 months and unlock it official with fido (50 dollars) or just unlock it immediately with crackberry website.

thanks
    Unlocking is permanent if done by code, yes.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    04-21-13 04:02 PM
    Unlocking is permanent if done by code, yes.
    thanks
    04-21-13 07:43 PM