I wonder how many of us BlackBerry users leave the default email signature? If you changed it - why? If you kept it - why?

Personally I don't like how it has a period at the end. I don't know why it irks me but it does.

What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-27-14 10:32 AM
    I put my work signature, and just remove the period then, no more irks
    07-27-14 10:36 AM
    Mine is

Sent via BlackBerry

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    07-27-14 10:48 AM
    Here's mine :

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    07-27-14 10:51 AM
    Here is mine. This email Powered by BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.3253 on AT&T
    07-27-14 11:21 AM
    I just leave it at default on my personal email.
    07-27-14 12:03 PM
    I actually thought this thread would be hopping with all kinds of neat signatures. Hoping it picks up soon

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.3253 on AT&T
    07-27-14 12:07 PM
    I've left it, cause it just seems nice to send it that way

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 12:08 PM
    Sent from ? BlackBerry 10 for
    RWBrooks

BleedBlk-
    07-27-14 12:11 PM
    I don't use product identifying email signatures on any of my phones, tablets or computers. Why should I?

I personally don't think they are very professional. And they don't pay me to advertise their products.
    07-27-14 12:12 PM
    i left it alone, only because i am to lazy to change it, and don't really think it is that big of a deal.
    07-27-14 12:16 PM
    I always found this "Sent from my..." idiotic since I have seen this for the first time when the first iPhones came out. This is a subtile kind of marketing where brainwashed customers allow a company to use their name. This was one of the very first things I switched off.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    07-27-14 12:32 PM
    Ive got my work signature.
    My personal mail is set with the default signature.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 07-27-14 at 01:18 PM.
    07-27-14 12:48 PM
    I left it there on my personal email but replaced it with my work signature for my work email.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 12:54 PM
    I like your picture. Donald Sutherland in Kellys Heroes?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-27-14 01:32 PM
    I don't use one. I find it distracts from the actual message content and can trigger a wide range of unintended emotions and/or interpretations by the recipient.

Anything from, wow... this person really thinks I care about his device, to: what a geek, to wow... this poor sap doesn't know how to turn it off, he probably doesn't even know it's added to his emails.

In any case, you are lucky enough to get the recipients attention for the actual purpose of the message,.. why would you distract them with anything else, specially something that doesn't convey any useful data? Very simple information theory.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 01:33 PM
    I always found this "Sent from my..." idiotic since I have seen this for the first time when the first iPhones came out. This is a subtile kind of marketing where brainwashed customers allow a company to use their name. This was one of the very first things I switched off.
    Pretty sure my emails said sent from my blackberry before the iphone came out, but maybe I'm misremembering

Posted via CB10
    iPomps, niftymu, AcADIeN and 3 others like this.
    07-27-14 05:08 PM
    I don't use product identifying email signatures on any of my phones, tablets or computers. Why should I?

I personally don't think they are very professional. And they don't pay me to advertise their products.
    This right here.
    07-27-14 05:14 PM
    I don't use one. I find it distracts from the actual message content and can trigger a wide range of unintended emotions and/or interpretations by the recipient.

Anything from, wow... this person really thinks I care about his device, to: what a geek, to wow... this poor sap doesn't know how to turn it off, he probably doesn't even know it's added to his emails.

In any case, you are lucky enough to get the recipients attention for the actual purpose of the message,.. why would you distract them with anything else, specially something that doesn't convey any useful data? Very simple information theory.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    07-27-14 05:16 PM
    Mine is

A man who doesn't spend time with his family is not a man

Also

Women and children can be careless but not men.

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    07-27-14 07:46 PM
    Devils advocate:

Isn't the point of a mobile signature so the recipient can pardon grammatical errors or typos? Is there something to be said about those who work in an industry where they are sending a lot of mobile emails?

Posted via Q10
    07-27-14 09:20 PM
    Devils advocate:

Isn't the point of a mobile signature so the recipient can pardon grammatical errors or typos? Is there something to be said about those who work in an industry where they are sending a lot of mobile emails?

Posted via Q10
    The argument I've heard that counters that is that for today's mobile professional, proficiency and professionalism is expected, even when one is on the go.
    pantlesspenguin and donemt like this.
    07-27-14 09:26 PM
    The argument I've heard that counters that is that for today's mobile professional, proficiency and professionalism is expected, even when one is on the go.
    not when you are using an iphone to type. lol.
    07-27-14 09:42 PM
    Devils advocate:

Posted via Q10
    If that were the case, then it would be better to say "sent from my mobile device."

I'd rather a sender wait until they can compose a message with proper grammar and no typos in a professional manner. If they can't type and spell check properly on their phone, they're using the wrong phone. I have no issues with grammar and typos on my Q10.
    donemt and anon(7915689) like this.
    07-27-14 09:45 PM
    Mine is the default one... it even mentions what network I'm on.

I think BlackBerry was the one that started this trend back in the days...

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:52 PM
96 123 ...