Okay sometimes when I go to create a text message in hub, after I put in the persons name and move to the text box, the chat doesn't come up and I can send the text no matter what. Then I reset the hub, but when I go to create a text it's still there with the original persons name and I still cant send it or delete the chat to start again. Honestly this is really starting to **** me right the f*ck off and makes me want to leave BB10. Has this happened to anyone?

And before and Blacksheeps attack me for even suggesting I might leave BB10; I shouldn't have to compromise my texts for an OS. Like this has been going on since BB10 was released over a year ago on my Z10. When the hell is BlackBerry gonna listen and fix these little bugs are annoying as sh!t instead of releasing new **** to cover up the stuff they don't fix.

/endrant.

What caused this post was me trying to send one f*cking text to one person and being unable to do so for 5 minutes. Actually, I still haven't been able to. Doing a reset on the device right now. Bye. UGH.
    03-07-14 08:01 AM
    If it was an issue with the OS many people would be experiencing this.

What OS are you running? When did this start? Frequency of the issue? What other things have you tried? I would suggest making sure you are on the latest 10.2.1 build.

In saying that I'm not sure if you're seeking help or just ranting..
    03-07-14 08:05 AM
    If it was an issue with the OS many people would be experiencing this.

What OS are you running? When did this start? Frequency of the issue? What other things have you tried? I would suggest making sure you are on the latest 10.2.1 build.

In saying that I'm not sure if you're seeking help or just ranting..
    I'm on 10.2.1.537 (latest I believe) and its been an issue since I updated to this version. Note: I didnt really use my Q10 before I updated the OS so I don't know if it happened on this particular device before.

I'd say it happens a couple times a day, sometimes it doesn't happen. I've tried deleting the persons name to get rid of the "bugged" text but that won't even work. I tried resetting the hub multiple times and all that happens when I go to create a text after I reset hub is the exact same message appears with the persons name and still unable to send. When I go back into the hub, it doesn't even show up as a draft. But it will show up when I go to create ANY new text message.

I would love if someone has a fix for this :$
    03-07-14 08:53 AM
    Never had the issue but some users have said it you restored lot of texts from before or have lots of texts open they have seen this type of issue. So saying that did you restore text from a different phone when you set this one up?

Reg leaked 10.2.1.1925. Q10
    03-07-14 10:02 AM
    I have had this issue on many operating systems. I can either wait (a very long time) or restart the phone.

Don't attack this guy. What he's saying does happen and it should be fixed asap.

Q10SQN100-4/10.2.1.1925 and below. It happens. Idk about the newer.

Q10
    03-07-14 10:06 AM
    Never had the issue but some users have said it you restored lot of texts from before or have lots of texts open they have seen this type of issue. So saying that did you restore text from a different phone when you set this one up?

No. Didn't restore anything onto this phone. Every piece of data is from scratch
    03-07-14 10:54 AM
    For me the only time my texting gave grief was 10.1. I got any and all leaks at that point and it's been awesome. If it were me I would reinstall os and use a autoloader and not BlackBerry link but that is just me as I have had good success with that method so far. Really hope you get it sorted.

03-07-14 11:18 AM
    For me the only time my texting gave grief was 10.1. I got any and all leaks at that point and it's been awesome. If it were me I would reinstall os and use a autoloader and not BlackBerry link but that is just me as I have had good success with that method so far. Really hope you get it sorted.

I'm probably going to do that if I don't find an "easy fix" solution
    03-07-14 11:31 AM
    Just delete the long conversations.

If you don't want to, load 10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 11:33 AM
    Just delete the long conversations.

If you don't want to, load 10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    Is that what is causing the issue? Are you f*cking kidding me? Stupid piece of **** OS cant f*cking send a text properly.

NO OS I'VE EVER DEALT WITH HAS EVER HAD SUCH AN ISSUE.

Oh and I'm raging even more now (which is what lead me back here right now) is that my phone this time wouldn't let me f*cking hit send to reply to a text.

Piece of sh!t!!!!!!!!

Also, gtfo blacksheeps if you have anything negative to say like "then leave bb10". like I'm beyond pissed and frustrated. ALSO, THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DONT COMMIT TO BLACKBERRY. BLACKBERRY NEGLECTS REAL ISSUES IN THEIR OS LIKE ITS NOTHING.

There shouldn't have to delete my conversations AND I DONT WANT TO or load a leak OS version
    03-07-14 12:27 PM
    It's quite f*cking embarrassing for blackberry when I CAN EVEN KEEP THE MESSAGES ON MY PHONE OR ELSE IT BUGS THE **** OUT OF IT. STEP YOUR ******* GAME UP.
    03-07-14 12:29 PM
    It's quite f*cking embarrassing for blackberry when I CAN EVEN KEEP THE MESSAGES ON MY PHONE OR ELSE IT BUGS THE **** OUT OF IT. STEP YOUR ******* GAME UP.
    Wow... calm down. it was a bug that was introduced in 10.2, a they fixed it partly on 10.2.1. And it's now completely fixed on the latest 10.2.1.2141

Swearing won't do anything. They fixed the issue... life goes on.

All softwares has bugs. The importance is how fast they solve them.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-07-14 01:04 PM
    BB10 is a new OS that was built from scratch. It's not uncommon for bugs to be there or find new ones when you update to a new one. It happens with all platforms.

Posted via CB10
    bobshine likes this.
    03-07-14 01:37 PM
    BB10 is a new OS that was built from scratch. It's not uncommon for bugs to be there or find new ones when you update to a new one. It happens with all platforms.

Posted via CB10
    And it still happens to iOS and android, even if they are matured. I prefer waiting a few minutes for my text that not being able to bank on my iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 01:49 PM

Don't attack this guy.

Q10
    Hardly attacking him... although he doesn't really seem to need any help digging himself a hole.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    03-07-14 02:18 PM
    lol again update to the latest OS and you'll be fine. And perhaps seek help for your lack of self control

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    03-07-14 02:18 PM
    This has happened to me since forever
    I just live with it

It always happens if I'm opening a conversation and at the same time a new message arrives
    No exceptions

The temporary solution is to swipe downwards diagonally from the top right a couple of times, basically the "hub reset "

I hope blackberry fixes this as it is truly annoying
    03-07-14 02:34 PM
    This is not fixed btw, I'm running Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 official
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    03-07-14 02:48 PM
    This is not fixed btw, I'm running Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 official
    Weird. I am running same OS and conversations I had problems with seems to load no matter how I open them (when a message coming in, attaching a picture from the picture app)

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 03:44 PM
    I have had this and it is usually because I hit "T" before my cursor is in the text input area. This triggers the keyboard shortcut that makes your phone load every single text message you've had with the person.

The best way to fix any sort of lag in texting is to delete old messages. If you really need your texts though, I think there are some applications in BlackBerry World that allow you to save them somewhere else so that your Hub stays clean.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-07-14 03:52 PM
    To be honest the phone should not have trouble saving an almost unlimited amount of texts.

Even after a security wipe this issue persists.

The EXACT moment it happens is this:

Conversation with someone;
    I send a message, leave the conversation, click the conversation again right after BUT at the same time a message is received.

100% of the time the sms app will bug and I will have to do the hub reset.

Thing is.. it's not often you open a conversation and receive a sms at the same time, so it's still a rare thing to happen
    03-07-14 04:11 PM
    Wow... calm down. it was a bug that was introduced in 10.2, a they fixed it partly on 10.2.1. And it's now completely fixed on the latest 10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    Nope, I recently update my z10 on the latest OS, and the SMS bug still there.. and yah its quite embarrassing.. SMS is the most basic app in any device, they should prioritize fixing this app..

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:59 PM
    Ive had this problem for a very long time and continue to do so. I have a z30 and it runs 10.2 and a q10 that runs 10.1. it is the biggest pain in the @ss issue I have. the screen goes blank and I have to fiddle with the phone for 10 mins to start texting again. it is definitely a known issue and its horrible. shutting your phone off and turning it on never solved the problem for me

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 05:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope, they did not. I still got this problem on the very same version you mentioned. I can't "fix" Hub unless restarting my phone. Maybe closing Hub in Device Monitor could help, if possible at all. So, waiting for a quick fix...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 06:40 PM
    Ive had this problem for a very long time and continue to do so. I have a z30 and it runs 10.2 and a q10 that runs 10.1. it is the biggest pain in the @ss issue I have. the screen goes blank and I have to fiddle with the phone for 10 mins to start texting again. it is definitely a known issue and its horrible. shutting your phone off and turning it on never solved the problem for me

Posted via CB10
    Try making an SMS backup (using an app) and deleting any long conversations. My initial thoughts were that it's related to the text messages database.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 06:42 PM
31 12