Not sure if I gave it enough of a fair shot... it just didn't do it for me... I switched to BlackBerry from my note 3 for portability and ease of use. I just didn't feel that w the passport. I have a tablet for all of my media and gaming/web consumption. I think I'll stay w my q10 until I see what the specs on the classic are. Just couldn't give up the portability of this awesome device!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:20 PM
    Not sure if I gave it enough of a fair shot
    ROFL - 12 hrs? - When are these types of posts ever going to end on this site?
    bbnrs, wincyUt, Katika99 and 6 others like this.
    11-19-14 06:30 PM
    Honestly don't post if you're just going to talk ****

Posted via CB10
    acovey, bbnrs, devin266 and 6 others like this.
    11-19-14 06:34 PM
    You said it yourself..."not sure I gave it a fair shot"
    You definitely didnt. I dont know what kind of instant gratification you were expecting

I mean, it took me like 2-3 hours just to set up my Passport to the way I like it, with apps, accounts, sounds, etc

I love my passport and wont return to a q10, but each have their own preferences. Maybe the Classic will do you better
    11-19-14 06:39 PM
    You said it yourself..."not sure I gave it a fair shot"
    You definitely didnt. I dont know what kind of instant gratification you were expecting

I mean, it took me like 2-3 hours just to set up my Passport to the way I like it, with apps, accounts, sounds, etc

I love my passport and wont return to a q10, but each have their own preferences. Maybe the Classic will do you better
    Agreed.. I know myself and feeling the phones form factor and how I'm constantly on the go with a bag on my left hand and either my work BlackBerry or personal BlackBerry on the right I just know it wouldn't work for me. Its a phenomenal device but not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:43 PM
    I'm sure you didn't.
    11-19-14 06:46 PM
    It's ok, it's definitely not for everyone, and it wasn't made for everyone.
    Not to mention 600$ is a fair bit of money if you aren't desperately in need of a phone.

I think Q users won't be ready for the size of it right away though, the Q is really very small

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:51 PM
    It's ok, it's definitely not for everyone, and it wasn't made for everyone.
    Not to mention 600$ is a fair bit of money if you aren't desperately in need of a phone.

I think Q users won't be ready for the size of it right away though, the Q is really very small

Posted via CB10
    Agreed... I made the purchase because I couldn't find a store in Nyc that has it in stock so the only solution was to purchase it, hold it and play with it, and make a decision based on my experience.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    11-19-14 06:55 PM
    Pity. I tried a Passport display unit and hated it. Couldn't type properly coming from a Q10. But that's what I expected with 5 minutes use. I still bought the Passport anyway as reading emails on my Q10 was a little straining. Having the Passport now for almost a week I'm still getting used to the keyboard and I'm about 80% into the transition. You should have given yourself at least 2 weeks to get into the phone. I look at normal narrow candy bar phone now and think of all the content that is not shown in portrait mode. The main thing I need to get used to with the Passport is using it to make calls. Holding this wide phone will still take a bit longer to get used to. Anyway the Q10 is still a fantastic phone. Good luck with your next replacement.

Posted via CB10
    andy957, Avenzuno and CyberMan2013 like this.
    11-19-14 06:56 PM
    12 hours...that sure is a lot of time to give a phone a chance...

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-19-14 06:59 PM
    12 hours...that sure is a lot of time to give a phone a chance...

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    Yeah I know it's not a lot of time. Like I said it just doesn't suit my needs. Wish they were stocked in some stores here in the city so that I could've had the opportunity to hold it and play with it before making the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    twis likes this.
    11-19-14 07:05 PM
    12 hours can be a short time, or a lifetime. Sometimes you just "know".

Had a bumpy ride on the train the other day, and a colleague with the PP was envious and longing for the old days as he saw me holding on to the strap with the right hand and typing one handed with the left on the Q10. Mind you, the screen is gorgeous on the PP.

Each to their own.
    11-19-14 07:18 PM
    12 hours can be a short time, or a lifetime. Sometimes you just "know".

Had a bumpy ride on the train the other day, and a colleague with the PP was envious and longing for the old days as he saw me holding on to the strap with the right hand and typing one handed with the left on the Q10. Mind you, the screen is gorgeous on the PP.

Each to their own.
    On my way home on the c train today I had my bag strapped while holding the pole and attempting to type one handed with the pp. This is too common a scenario for me to own this device. Needless to say it's awesome at what it's meant to do and the screen is very crisp.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:22 PM
    Guess if you do not want to put in the effort... this post then makes sense.....
    acovey likes this.
    11-19-14 07:30 PM
    On my way home on the c train today I had my bag strapped while holding the pole and attempting to type one handed with the pp. This is too common a scenario for me to own this device. Needless to say it's awesome at what it's meant to do and the screen is very crisp.

Posted via CB10
    NYC?
    There's hardly any service down there anyway when youre moving.
    And you dont need to hold any poles lol just have good stance/balance

But youre right, it isnt easy typing with one hand
    Acchaladka likes this.
    11-19-14 08:00 PM
    To each his own... I wouldn't even want to own one for 12 minutes.

The Classic on the other hand...

Posted from a D618
    Plazmic Flame and Frehley like this.
    11-19-14 08:09 PM
    NYC?
    There's hardly any service down there anyway when youre moving.
    And you dont need to hold any poles lol just have good stance/balance

But youre right, it isnt easy typing with one hand
    Yup... I usually get service near 14th, 34th, 42nd and 59th. it's really my time to catch up on personal emails/text messages before getting home. Lol I usually stand between the two seats in front of the door at the end of the train car I'm in. Sadly today that wasn't the case.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 08:11 PM
    Not sure if I gave it enough of a fair shot... it just didn't do it for me... I switched to BlackBerry from my note 3 for portability and ease of use. I just didn't feel that w the passport. I have a tablet for all of my media and gaming/web consumption. I think I'll stay w my q10 until I see what the specs on the classic are. Just couldn't give up the portability of this awesome device!

Posted via CB10
    Only you know which device suits you. Don't listen to the negative post.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and andy957 like this.
    11-19-14 08:15 PM
    ROFL - 12 hrs? - When are these types of posts ever going to end on this site?
    This is a joke, f..k for 12 hours? Why did he bother buy it in the first place?
    buwee likes this.
    11-19-14 08:15 PM
    This is a joke, f..k for 12 hours? Why did he bother buy it in the first place?
    Because I have the ability to return it if I don't like it and found 0 stores in the tri state area that had it on display? How else was I supposed to hold/feel the device in person?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-19-14 08:18 PM
    LOL... because the Earth would slip off its axis because (oh, the horror!) OP didn't give it more than 12 hours.

It is possible to know if you like an item in much less than 12 hours. Seriously.
    andy957, dmateo and jegs2 like this.
    11-19-14 08:34 PM
    Sheesh if he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. I'd hate to be pressured or made feel like I cant choose for myself what's best. He tried it, he didn't like it, and he chose to return to his Q10. It's no big deal. He said the pp was a nice device, it just wasn't for him no matter how many hours he had it. It's his choice and that's okay! We all like what we like. That should be respected. Not everyone wants a big phone. It is what it is.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    11-19-14 08:46 PM
    LOL... because the Earth would slip off its axis because (oh, the horror!) OP didn't give it more than 12 hours.

It is possible to know if you like an item in much less than 12 hours. Seriously.
    The funny part is some of these ppl act like I bought it with their $$!!! I actually just took it back out to give it a second shot. It's a big deal to actually activate this phone because I'll be leaving my carrier of over10 years should I decide to actually stay with it. Being fair and giving it until Friday so I'll be tinkering with it a bit more JUST to be fair!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 08:47 PM

This is the typical response I expect from you.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-19-14 08:49 PM
    No one is pressuring him - he was the one that was wondering if 12 hours was a fair shot so people are only commenting on that.
    I didn't think the phone's size and specs were such a big secret that no one knew anything about it to form a decision to purchase and only give it 12 hours. I'm not saying there is anything bad about not liking the phone and returning it just that 12 hrs is very little time to try something that is a totally new form factor. Heck, it took me well over 2 weeks to get to like mine and I was already use to a big phone (Note 3) which imo was a piece of crap but hey, that again is my opinion.
    11-19-14 08:55 PM
69 123