After much frustration and experimenting with the Battery Guru app to try and improve what I was finding to be incredibly fast battery drain and overheating in my Q10 phone, I have finally concluded it is the "Push" function in Activesync. If you are experiencing this problem...TURN PUSH OFF !!(lots of other things to also do that are suggested in other threads). When "Push" is on, the phone is constantly looking to get new emails, and this sucks power like crazy, irrespective of whether you are on LTE, 4G, 2G. Manually set the sync interval to something you can live with. I set it at a zippy 5 minutes (like most computer based email clients). When i did this, the battery drain and strain virtually disappeared and I was still getting timely emails from 4 accounts!!

Push is the heart and soul of Blackberry technology, but appears to have become a real Achilles heel with these new phones.
    07-19-13 08:01 AM
    Also - I suddenly had a battery drain the other day. It turned out it was Gadget Box monitoring the battery. As soon as I removed it from the home screen, the drain went back to the normal low usage level of under 40% in 24 hours.
    07-19-13 08:07 AM
    I posted about this not to long ago and was told Push is better and that doing sync intervals drains battery more. I am testing the theory now and if there is any difference, I will report back

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 08:45 AM
    I posted about this not to long ago and was told Push is better and that doing sync intervals drains battery more. I am testing the theory now and if there is any difference, I will report back

Posted via CB10
    Yes please do let us know

Thanks.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-19-13 09:05 AM

Solid experimental evidence is the only solution...the rest is just opinions. I am interested in what your testing shows, as my results were quite striking.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have found push uses less battery then setting intervals. Not sure why this is so. Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4543

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Please do. I have always thought push save more. My current setting: push on for all my important emails (4) with sync every 24 hours just in case the push fails.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:48 AM