Hi, I got my Q10 since almost a month and a problem happen a week ago.

I got a 32gb micro sd card and I use it to store my pictures, my music, my videos and my documents. I synced all my music, pictures and videos with BlackBerry Link and was sooooo happy with my shiny brand new BlackBerry Q10.
    Unfortunately something's going wrong... everytime I shoot a picture with the camera app, the picture can't be saved to the media card, all the older get corrupted and my music disappear as well as my videos. Moreover I got a message saying there's a problem with the media card and a message in the Hub telling me I should go to storage settings for more details...
    In the storage settings, my BlackBerry keeps telling me I should format my media card and try it again. That's what I did but nothing has changed.

Something interesting is that when I reboot my BlackBerry, everything comes back to its normal state... until I shoot a picture again !

I don't know what to do, does someone experience the same? What do you think I should do? (pardon my english)
    SDcard unusable after shooting a picture-img_00000090.png
    SDcard unusable after shooting a picture-img_00000096.png
    SDcard unusable after shooting a picture-img_00000097.png
    SDcard unusable after shooting a picture-img_00000084.png
    SDcard unusable after shooting a picture-img_00000086.png
    SDcard unusable after shooting a picture-img_00000098.png
    SDcard unusable after shooting a picture-img_00000099.png
    SDcard unusable after shooting a picture-img_00000100.png

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    06-17-13 01:47 PM
    I have had this too.There are some strange things going on with the camera app and saving files. A restart may help or a long press restart (10s on power button) I think there are issues with both Q10 and Z10 with the images/camera/file explorer but I dont know enough to be able to say what it is.

Try mounting as a flash drive and getting windows to check the disk. it may throw some light on it and be able to fix it for you
    06-17-13 02:00 PM
    I have the same problem with my Z10.

I wondered if it was my SD card. I have a 32 gig SanDisk Ultra...i was going to try a different one.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 03:18 PM
    I am using a Sandisk 32G class 10 with encryption, and so far no issues.
    Are you running any image modifying apps?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 04:09 PM
    I've had this issue also.

But it's fixed now. The culprit for me is some of my music files. Not sure which one though.

Try deleting some of your music from your Sd card. I deleted 1 folder then try to take a picture and keep repeating the procedure until it is working.

Still not sure which file caused the issue but happy to say that after doing that haven't had the issue for more than a month.

But now every time I add new music/files into Sd card I always try to take some pictures just to be sure it doesn't cause any problem.

Hope it helps for your case

**edit: forgot to mention I am using z10 so not sure if your q10 will have the same problem

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:59 PM
    I had this issue on bold 9900, and my z10.
    I switched memory cards 4 times. Patriots and Kingston

Switching name brands, sizes, and higher classes, and reformatting the cards, nothing worked. I got so mad with this and almost gave up. I was ready to buy a scan disk as this is the one BlackBerry usually recommends.

Finally, found a solution.
    I used the SD adaptor to format the card on my PC. Did the long format instead of the quick one that I usually do. After an hour to complete I put the card back into my Z and formatted the card with the BlackBerry file structure.

It's been 2 months now and not one failure or corruption. My years of aggregation is finally over.

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    deezy87 likes this.
    06-17-13 08:10 PM
    As ezapper2 said. Try formatting. Although I tried it and it worked but once I copied my files into the Sd card the problem reappear.

Changing Sd card to different brand and size also didn't help. Once I copied music and take a pic it'll say memory card not recognized and can't save there.

Might want to try ezapper2's method first. Much faster and easier than having to delete music one by one to find the culprit =p

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:18 PM
    Just make sure you don't quick format?

That was my first problem and why the issue kept re-appearing. Quick format seems to keep corrupted blocks on the disk.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-17-13 08:23 PM
    Just make sure you don't quick format?

That was my first problem and why the issue kept re-appearing. Quick format seems to keep corrupted blocks on the disk.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Tried quick format with pc. Full snail format with pc with usb mode and tried taking out the Sd card plugged in straight to pc. Format using phone. None of those helped my problem. LOL

Sure hope it'll work for the op since it's very time consuming to delete the music one by one.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:14 AM
    Resolved ! I formatted the media card using the "erase sd card" in the memory settings. For now, everything is back to normal. Thanks

ezapper2 likes this.
    06-20-13 10:36 AM
    Resolved ! I formatted the media card using the "erase sd card" in the memory settings. For now, everything is back to normal. Thanks

Good stuff! I hope others will benefit from this thread too!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-20-13 10:47 AM
    I had this issue on bold 9900, and my z10.
    I switched memory cards 4 times. Patriots and Kingston

Switching name brands, sizes, and higher classes, and reformatting the cards, nothing worked. I got so mad with this and almost gave up. I was ready to buy a scan disk as this is the one BlackBerry usually recommends.

Finally, found a solution.
    I used the SD adaptor to format the card on my PC. Did the long format instead of the quick one that I usually do. After an hour to complete I put the card back into my Z and formatted the card with the BlackBerry file structure.

It's been 2 months now and not one failure or corruption. My years of aggregation is finally over.

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    During my 9900 days I used to get media card errors almost every 3 months...Spoke to a few people and I needed to format the card via the BlackBerry so it can be used in that sort of file structure, nice write up ezapper2!
    06-20-13 12:46 PM
    any idea how to get my micro sd data to show on my q10? the memory card came from my 9900 and was encrypted etc. now none of the files are the card are showing up. please help.
    10-26-13 05:57 PM