Hi all! When I scroll down (finger from bottom of screen moving up) to view continue reading/viewing emails/webpage/etc. the phone thinks I'm done with whatever I'm and thumbnails whatever I'm in. PLEASE HELP!!
    06-15-13 09:59 AM
    You're starting too low on the screen and it thinks you want to Peek at the Hub. Just do shorter swipes not so close to the bottom of the screen and it won't think you're making a gesture.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:06 AM
    is there a way to adjust what blackberry thinks is too low?
    06-15-13 10:07 AM
    Unfortunately, no. Because there's not as much space between the bottom of the screen and the top of the keyboard, there is a larger buffer there than on the Z10 for you to make the gesture.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:10 AM
    this is a flaw. is anyone else complaining about this? i wonder if they'll offer a solve. thanks tekneakz.
    06-15-13 10:13 AM
    No problem. I don't think it's an "issue" so much as a specific use-case for some people. I don't have that problem but I also don't scroll from the bottom of the screen. About one finger-width from the bottom of the screen works just fine and if you flick as opposed to just dragging you can move pretty quickly.
    06-15-13 10:15 AM
    I think I'll train myself to flick. This is my first blackberry (was palm, then droid)...am thrilled to finally have a 4G phone with a proper keyboard...still finding my way to love this thing...i trust it will come.
    06-15-13 10:17 AM
    Soon enough it will be second nature. It's mostly about training new muscle memory for the device and OS. Once your fingers get used to the every day use I think your problem will disappear.
    06-15-13 10:19 AM
    i believe that to be the case. i also have to get used to the email interface. want my email to default to look like gmail inbox (nice & clean), but it's just not. i can get to my inbox, but not by default.
    06-15-13 10:22 AM
    It's user error. Just swipe up a bit differently. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Honestly, I think half of the complaints in this forum are due to traditional Blackberry fans not knowing how to properly use a touch screen interface and never having the experience of setting up an email client on their own. It's all very unfortunate.

If you can't learn a new interface and change with the times then stick with your flip phones and/or BBOS7 devices. Those devices fit the needs of a certain portion of the population. That's why they are still sold.
    06-15-13 12:19 PM
    this is a flaw. is anyone else complaining about this? i wonder if they'll offer a solve. thanks tekneakz.
    It's not a flaw. It really isn't a big deal to learn to swipe starting just a cm or so higher.
    06-15-13 01:43 PM
    It's user error. Just swipe up a bit differently. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Honestly, I think half of the complaints in this forum are due to traditional Blackberry fans not knowing how to properly use a touch screen interface and never having the experience of setting up an email client on their own. It's all very unfortunate.
    That is totally untrue. I've had pretty much every smartphone and touchscreen phone you can buy and this is my first Blackberry. The OP doesn't sound like he's had a BlackBerry before either. I still sometimes close the window by accident when I'm browsing. Most (all?) other OSs don't close an app with a gesture that is so close to the scrolling gesture.

Maybe try scrolling using the keyboard (which is totally out of date, really not sure why half the posters on this forum even feel the need to own a Q10 as the keyboard is so 90s)... The space bar scrolls down and shift-spacebar scrolls up. I actually find that to be faster too. It is kind of hard to get used to though as it's such a natural gesture to use your finger on the screen.
    Jason Byers likes this.
    06-15-13 03:58 PM
    Coming from the Z10 I agree with the OP and IMHO the UX on the Q10 is not as refined regarding swipes as it is on the Z10 - yet.
    The buffert zones seems to be a bit large and interfere with other functions of the UI.

/Per

Posted via CB10 on a Q10 Nordic
    Jason Byers likes this.
    06-16-13 02:30 AM
    Coming from the Z10 I agree with the OP and IMHO the UX on the Q10 is not as refined regarding swipes as it is on the Z10 - yet.
    The buffert zones seems to be a bit large and interfere with other functions of the UI.

/Per

Thanks guys. Obviously I agree that it's not a user error. Anyway, Perus, is this something that you think is likely to be refined with future Q10 updates?
    06-16-13 09:17 AM
    Impossible to tell but one could always wish for that

/Per

Jason Byers likes this.
    06-16-13 11:53 AM
    I've experienced this as well and have adapted.

What I love about some apps is the keyboard function. I'll use N for next and P for previous, for example, on Twitter and CB for posts. When using the browser you can also use the space key for scrolling up.

One is not easier or more convenient for me (using the screen or KB), but it does avoid screen smuding just a bit more

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:10 PM