Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By koool1
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Saw a Q10 today!

Met a guy today who worked for Blackberry. Had a Q10 in his hand so I asked him for a demo.

All I can say is, people who are waiting for the qwerty are in for a treat. What a beautiful phone. Everything worked smooth as silk. Keyboard looked perfect, felt great. It seemed ready for prime time to me but I'm sure there are some small details they are still working out leading up to launch day in a month or so.

Very cool to see it though. I'm happy with my Z10 but I certainly would be happy with a Q10 also!
    CrackBerry User

PIN

My only concern with the Q10 is that it looks like it would be difficult to swipe up from the bottom bezel, as the top fret of the keyboard is in the way. I remember watching a demo from the launch day and they had to try the gesture multiple times because they kept missing. Are my concerns justified? Did you have this problem?

Of course, this is the only issue I can find with this mobile powerhouse, and I definitely want one.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sleekskyline120 View Post
    My only concern with the Q10 is that it looks like it would be difficult to swipe up from the bottom bezel, as the top fret of the keyboard is in the way. I remember watching a demo from the launch day and they had to try the gesture multiple times because they kept missing. Are my concerns justified? Did you have this problem?

Of course, this is the only issue I can find with this mobile powerhouse, and I definitely want one.
    Yeah same here. Quite concerned about the small peek bezel as well.

Having said that, I saw a Q10 at the UK BlackBerry 10 launch and had some hands on time with it. (was incomplete software at the time), it felt absolutely amazing in the hands!

Will definitely be getting one in addition to my Z10.

Let's just hope that the software tweaks are able to sort out the peek swiping concerns.

National Rail Times App for BB10 - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=GB
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm pretty sure RIM will have the peek gesture fixed in time for launch. If you watch the video carefully, the reason why the guy struggled was that he kept touching the multiple dots at the bottom which allows for quick access between the different panes. They just need to fix the touch points there.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

The guy seemed to have no problem with the controls. Seemed to all work great but he is in product dev so who knows how long he has had it.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by os30 View Post
    Yeah same here. Quite concerned about the small peek bezel as well.

Having said that, I saw a Q10 at the UK BlackBerry 10 launch and had some hands on time with it. (was incomplete software at the time), it felt absolutely amazing in the hands!

Will definitely be getting one in addition to my Z10.

Let's just hope that the software tweaks are able to sort out the peek swiping concerns.

National Rail Times App for BB10 - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=GB
    Yup my concerns were unfounded! Although the bezel is small, the peek gestures work flawlessly!

I definately recommend the Q10. I've made the switch!

National Rail Times App for BB10 (Q10 and Z10) - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20352963