Is there any way to do it?
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-22-13 01:51 PM
    Is there any way to do it?
    A bump to see if anyone has recommendations.
    06-03-13 04:39 PM
    Backup your device? Other than that there is no way

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 04:46 PM
    Backup your device? Other than that there is no way

Posted via CB10
    Sounds logical to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-03-13 05:17 PM
    Hopefully a better way to backup specific data comes with BlackBerry Protect updates.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:28 PM
    This is stupid, do you mean BB10 no longer keeps your text messages forever like my Bold 9900???
    06-03-13 05:36 PM
    This is stupid, do you mean BB10 no longer keeps your text messages forever like my Bold 9900???
    It'll keep it for as long as you don't delete it

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:47 PM
    A screen shot maybe? That's what I do, I have a picture folder that I put them in. Not as easy as the "Saved Messages" option, but at least I can still save them for now.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:49 PM
    It'll keep it for as long as you don't delete it

Posted via CB10
    Oh, ok, that's good. So what is everyone talking about saving text messages??? Are they talking about saving them as a text file you can look at on your computer or something???
    06-03-13 06:57 PM
    Oh, ok, that's good. So what is everyone talking about saving text messages??? Are they talking about saving them as a text file you can look at on your computer or something???
    I'm assuming so, or he means save so if have to wipe in which case a "backup"

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:57 PM
    You guys want to save text messages and then you turn around and complain when your phone slows down due to excessive crap saved on the device. It's 2013...lets have some common sense...screenshot or backup...simple. You'll be happier in the end. Trust.
    06-03-13 08:04 PM
    Yes you can do it. At least with Rogers you can. Open your "my account" app, touch the icon in the bottom left corner that says usage, scroll to "extreme text messaging", select "copy", then enter email address or alternate number of where you want them to copy to.

Saving Text Messages?-img_00000724.png

This is a free service as long as you have some type of texting plan included in your normal plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:04 PM
    You guys want to save text messages and then you turn around and complain when your phone slows down due to excessive crap saved on the device. It's 2013...lets have some common sense...screenshot or backup...simple. You'll be happier in the end. Trust.
    And you assume that I'm someone who have complained about my phone slowing down due to text messages???

You know what happens when you assume right? Well, that's wrong, because it didn't make ME look like an ***... :-P

I have no idea what the year has to do with anything, I like to save all of my text messages this year just as much as I did 5 years ago, lol. :-D
    06-03-13 09:52 PM
    And you assume that I'm someone who have complained about my phone slowing down due to text messages???

You know what happens when you assume right? Well, that's wrong, because it didn't make ME look like an ***... :-P

I have no idea what the year has to do with anything, I like to save all of my text messages this year just as much as I did 5 years ago, lol. :-D
    I don't think "slagman5" was mentioned anywhere in my post so you can go seek attention somewhere else. The more you store on a device, the slower it runs (common sense). Like I said, its 2013, years after the first cell phone was created and its nice to see that measures were taken keep the device storage free...
    06-03-13 10:15 PM
    I don't think "slagman5" was mentioned anywhere in my post so you can go seek attention somewhere else. The more you store on a device, the slower it runs (common sense). Like I said, its 2013, years after the first cell phone was created and its nice to see that measures were taken keep the device storage free...
    Hm, *rereads all responses* I'm pretty much the ONLY person here that even mentions keeping texts on the phone forever... Oh, but I guess you must have been referring to some other random people not on here. Of course, what was I thinking?? smh
    06-03-13 11:57 PM
    Link doesn't back up messages, contacts or calendar either I don't think. How are these backed up?
    06-04-13 01:40 AM
    So anybody still encountered the SMS "auto-delete" at Q10? I am currently using 9900, thinking to upgrade my current phone to Q10 expected the newer one doesn't delete my SMS. It's very frustrating to see your sms got deleted one by one, don't know what triggered it even I've set the days to keep messages to "forever"...
    06-04-13 04:19 AM
    Just click on right side and go to share.. then share it to your email and voila, you have a copy and it doesnt take space on your phone.
    10-19-13 05:45 AM
    There's a great little app called SMS Backup that I use for saving texts, it works great. You can check it out here, if you like:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27686935

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-19-13 12:23 PM