I am so disappointed, but it appears after only three months use, my Q10 usb connector has gone defective.

I have done every trick everyone gas suggested: battery pull, uninstall/reinstall link on two different machines, used three different usb cables, tried radio on and radio of while connected, selected auto detect and connect to windows. It evidently is defective. I certainly hope this is not a common problem. I really, really like this phone. I absolutely hate to part with it to get a repair model from verizon.

With all that said, I got a drop box account and connected the Q10 to wifi. Is there a more efficient way to upload all my photos, videos and music than hitting each one, one at a time and sharing with the dropbox account?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:45 PM
    Are you just trying to get the files onto your computer? If you turn on WiFi file sharing, you can do it over your home network instead.

Go to Settings, Storage and Access, and turn on "Access using Wi-Fi". Set a password, remember it. Now go to Settings, About, and go to the category "Network". Under the Wi-Fi section, remember your IPv4 address (e.g., 192.168.1.101).

Open My Computer on your PC, and in the address bar type "\\192.168.1.101". If prompted for login credentials, use username "blackberry" and the password you set in the previous steps.

If you use a Mac, I think you go to Finder, and in one of the menus there will be an option to "Connect to server...". Type the IPv4 address into the dialogue box that pops up.
    10-30-13 10:58 PM
    Fire chest Backup app maybe?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:13 PM
    Bravo, your solution would be so sweet if it would work. I have everything set up exactly as you said but Internet Explorer cannot find my ip address. Maybe something I am missing?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:23 PM
    I try pinging my ip address from command line and it is timing out

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:24 PM
    Oh, and to answer your original question, to move several files at once to DropBox, link your DropBox to File Manager via the "Connect to DropBox" app, then using the File Manager app, long press on a file you want to move. Hit the "Select More" menu option that pops up (checkbox icon), and select all files you want to move. Hit "Copy" or "Move" from the menu, then swipe to the right until the location menu pops up. Choose DropBox, navigate to the folder you want to store the files in, then hit "Paste" or "Move". You can also copy or move entire folders by long pressing on the folder icon.

Bravo, your solution would be so sweet if it would work. I have everything set up exactly as you said but Internet Explorer cannot find my ip address. Maybe something I am missing?

Posted via CB10
    You need to navigate to it using My Computer. Make sure you are using the correct slashes - \\ and NOT //.

I try pinging my ip address from command line and it is timing out

Posted via CB10
    That's odd. Are both your PC and Q10 on the same network? Could you post the IP address you see from the About > Network screen?
    10-30-13 11:26 PM
    Are you unable to move your content to a microSD card? Create a Box account and set it to sync pics and vids.
    10-30-13 11:31 PM
    Bravo, I got it on another computer in the house. I can see the three main folders: certs, media and removable SD.

However when I click on them I get an error that says it is not available, that I might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact server admin.

I do not ever get prompted for a pass. It is coming up under "samba" and my device name and ip address. I am on win xp on this machine.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:34 PM
    Bravo, I got it on another computer in the house. I can see the three main folders: certs, media and removable SD.

However when I click on them I get an error that says it is not available, that I might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact server admin.

I do not ever get prompted for a pass. It is coming up under "samba" and my device name and ip address. I am on win xp on this machine.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    We're getting closer.

Try typing "\\blackberry:[password]@192.168.xxx.xxx" into the address bar, where [password] is what you set up for WiFi sharing (not your main device password) and "192.168.xxx.xxx" is your IPv4 address. That will automatically sign you in using the proper credentials.
    10-30-13 11:38 PM
    I am getting network path not found

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:46 PM
    It is recognizing the name resolution. I can put in the device name and I still see the folders. It just doesn't like the format we are putting password in

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:49 PM
    Adam,

How would a box account work any better than a dropbox account? I have 100GB free on the dropbox and the phone won't let me upload any files larger than 100MB

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:52 PM
    Got it to prompt me for user name and password! Are you sure user name is blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 12:02 AM
    Got it to prompt me for user name and password! Are you sure user name is blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    It should be. I'm not aware of a way to change it from the default.

The BB10 phones have a user name of "blackberry" while the PlayBooks use "playbook".
    10-31-13 12:05 AM
    I have verified the user name is indeed BlackBerry in settings. I use that and my wifi password and I get denied from the folders and told to contact server admin

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 12:12 AM
    I have verified the user name is indeed BlackBerry in settings. I use that and my wifi password and I get denied from the folders and told to contact server admin

Posted via CB10
    When you say "wifi password," you are using the password you set up on the Q10 when enabling WiFi sharing, correct? Don't use the password you use to connect to your home WiFi, that's unrelated.
    10-31-13 12:13 AM
    Bravo,

I got it!!!! Thanks a MILLION!!!

Posted via CB10
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    10-31-13 12:14 AM
    Awesome

Also, I didn't want it to get too complicated for your first time, but in most cases you can use your network name instead of the bare IP address. When you go into Settings > Storage and Access, below the WiFi sharing options you will see a button called "Identification on Network" and below that "This device will appear on a Wi-Fi network as" with something like "BlackBerry-1234". The last four characters correspond to the last four characters of your device PIN.

In the future, you can type "\\BlackBerry-1234" into the My Computer address bar, making it easier than looking up your IP address every time. You can also click on the "Identification on Network" button to change the name to anything you'd like, as long as it does not duplicate anything else already on your network. There are rare cases where network names are not recognised, which is why I decided to omit this option to eliminate it from troubleshooting.
    adamlau likes this.
    10-31-13 12:15 AM
    While Box is only 10GB, it integrates with File Manager (similar to Dropbox) and allows for automated backups of your pics and vids (max supported size for a vid file is around 400MB).
    10-31-13 12:19 AM
    Thanks again all who posted!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 12:49 PM
    How do i set a password on the Q10 to use DropBox or the Box
    11-13-13 10:17 AM
    How do i set a password on the Q10 to use DropBox or the Box
    For Dropbox, find the Connect to Dropbox app on the phone, open it and sign in.
    For Box, find the Box app on the phone, open it and sign in.
    11-13-13 08:26 PM
    I tried this on windows 8. I don't have a defective usb port or anything, just was curious to see how it works. I turned on wifi access and set up a password. I then went to my file browser and typed in my ip, and it would not work. I then typed in \\network name and only then would it connect.
    11-13-13 09:55 PM