I've been trying to reduce my battery consumption and found something that might help those having battery problems and heating problems.

Go to settings > security and privacy > application permissions > dropdown to internet > turn off all apps using this. If you cant turn it off then delete.

Saved me 200mb of ram use. Before my q10 has always been 900mb-1000mb free ram and 1100mb was always being used. Now my ram is always 1200 - 1250mb free.

Download task manager app and close apps running in background. There were android apps running on my background and i was able to close them using this app.Its a free app. It will also tell you how many mb of ram is free.

It reduced my battery consumption by a lot. I just want to share this.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:03 AM
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know there was a task manger app available for download. Something that I did and seemed to have helped extending my battery life was turning OFF BlackBerry Link. I've noticed in the file manager that my Q10 was trying to connect to my work computer folders all the time, even with the WiFi turned off (??!!). After turning off BlackBerry Link, my work computer folders appeared as "offline" in the file manager and my battery life increased quite a lot!
    07-15-13 09:12 AM
    I've been trying to reduce my battery consumption and found something that might help those having battery problems and heating problems.

Go to settings > security and privacy > application permissions > dropdown to internet > turn off all apps using this. If you cant turn it off then delete.

Saved me 200mb of ram use. Before my q10 has always been 900mb-1000mb free ram and 1100mb was always being used. Now my ram is always 1200 - 1250mb free.

Download task manager app and close apps running in background. There were android apps running on my background and i was able to close them using this app.Its a free app. It will also tell you how many mb of ram is free.

It reduced my battery consumption by a lot. I just want to share this.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, the apps that request permission to use the internet can't be deleted because I use them.
    So it was a nice thought!
    I will try the task manager app though and see if that helps me at all!
    07-15-13 09:14 AM
    Unfortunately, the apps that request permission to use the internet can't be deleted because I use them.
    So it was a nice thought!
    I will try the task manager app though and see if that helps me at all!
    You dont have to delete them. Just disable them. It will still connect to the internet when you use it. Try it. Ive had offline apps that connects to the internet. Even cb10 doesnt have that option on app permissions.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:21 AM
    But how to disable it? Cannot swipe

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:49 AM
    But how to disable it? Cannot swipe

Posted via CB10
    If you dont use the app then delete. There are apps that you cant disable this function.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:52 AM
    Ok, thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:01 AM
    You dont have to delete them. Just disable them. It will still connect to the internet when you use it. Try it. Ive had offline apps that connects to the internet. Even cb10 doesnt have that option on app permissions.

Posted via CB10
    What he's saying is many of the apps that he uses don't have the disable option, and he can't delete them because he uses them.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:48 AM
    What he's saying is many of the apps that he uses don't have the disable option, and he can't delete them because he uses them.

Posted via CB10
    Dont delete if you are using them. It might cause you to drain tho. Btw, after turning off internet permissions my phone temperaure became better.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:16 PM
    Great recommendation! Thanks! Freed up @ 400 MB for me. Might note it is the app TaskManager (all one word). There is another one with a space which is not the one recommended here (and only gets 1 star).

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE, djslam and flyingsolid like this.
    07-15-13 09:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the same boat. The only ones in there they won't let me swipe off and i can't delete them because i use them.. I'll try taskmanager though!

Thumbly posted from my Q10
    07-15-13 10:56 PM
    You have a lot of free memory... Mine only shows the task manager being open and it says I have 811 MB free.

Does it only show android apps that are running? 'cause I'm definitely running apps (Whatsapp, BX Battery Info and BeBuzz Pro) and it doesn't show them.
    07-16-13 03:05 AM
    You have a lot of free memory... Mine only shows the task manager being open and it says I have 811 MB free.

Does it only show android apps that are running? 'cause I'm definitely running apps (Whatsapp, BX Battery Info and BeBuzz Pro) and it doesn't show them.
    My memory was freed from disabling internet permissions for my apps. Not from closing running apps in the background.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:06 AM
    Dont delete if you are using them. It might cause you to drain tho. Btw, after turning off internet permissions my phone temperaure became better.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that was his point. That he won't be deleting them since he uses them.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:30 AM
    I just d/l task manager, nice app! I had a couple of android apps running even if I didn't used any sideloaded apps since last reboot. I was at 730 free MB, now I'm at 803 after killing all of them. I'll keep the task manager open for a couple of days to see whats happening.
    07-16-13 07:33 AM
    Save battery! A little something i discovered-img_00000512.png

I have the maps and calendar android task running right after startup, maps is probably because of navigation I have side loaded but I wonder what's the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:36 AM
    Dunno what the calendar is. Btw, disabling apps that use internet stopped making my phone getting warm.
    07-21-13 11:42 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000512.png 
Views:	1284 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	183183

I have the maps and calendar android task running right after startup, maps is probably because of navigation I have side loaded but I wonder what's the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    You have twice as many apps open as I do but have 300 megs of more free ram than me.

I have everything turned off that I can - lowest screen brightness, three emails with sync intervals, no nfc, no gestures, on 3g, link off, protect off, bluetooth off, wifi off, and just skype and taskmaster running.

What gives :/

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:44 PM
    You have twice as many apps open as I do but have 300 megs of more free ram than me.

I have everything turned off that I can - lowest screen brightness, three emails with sync intervals, no nfc, no gestures, on 3g, link off, protect off, bluetooth off, wifi off, and just skype and taskmaster running.

Posted via CB10
    Must be skype. Try closing skype then report back.
    07-24-13 09:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    try to check it right after a reboot, thats what I did to make sure no apps where running in the background.
    07-24-13 11:19 PM
    Also try removing android apps. Unless you really need it.
    07-25-13 12:26 PM
    I want to say thanks again. The task mgr app is amazing. I've saved so much battery because of it

Thumbly posted from my Q10
    07-25-13 06:49 PM
    You're welcome.
    07-27-13 12:34 AM
    Must be skype. Try closing skype then report back.
    If you look he also has skype open.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the information. I am looking for ways to increase my battery life.
    05-05-16 04:21 PM
32 12