Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Lightbulb SAR Level

Any one knows the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of the new Blackberry 10 series? is there any public information about it?
    CrackBerry Genius

No public information about it, all we can know at this point is that it will meet the required standards by the time it goes into the carrier labs, although more likely it has done so since far earlier since they would want to also make things as safe as possible for the developers and testers too.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,977 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

Quote Originally Posted by macberry33 View Post
    Any one knows the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of the new Blackberry 10 series? is there any public information about it?
    Yeah it'll be under 1.6
    BlackBerry 10- The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry Smartphone
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you, I want to point out that BB meets SAR levels in the US and Europe. I wouldn't expect less, but it is not a secret that some of their phones are on the top 20 phones with the highest radiation.
    20 highest-radiation cell phones (United States) - CNET Reviews

Most of the Blackberry models are also usually higher than Apple in terms of SAR Level.

Meanwhile the Galaxy SIII is way below RIM and Apple, winning that race.

It has always seemed to me that Blackberry is not concerned about the radiation level of their phones. My thought is that If they have a competitive SAR rating I am sure they would be saying it out loud. I haven't been able to find anything about radiation level on Blackberry 10 and no news from RIM. So my conclusion is that Blackberry 10 won't set a difference in that field.

Some of us are concern about the SAR Level. And I believe RIM is loosing the game there too.
    CrackBerry Newbie

SAR rating on the iphone 5 is 1.25 W/kg while on the bold 9900 its 1.19 W/kg
    Radiation Chart | SAR Shield - Cell Phone Radiation Protection | Mobile phone radiation chart
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    CrackBerry Genius

Meanwhile in the real world, practically nobody uses this sort of info (good or bad) in any purchasing decision.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek (12-28-2012) 

Quote Originally Posted by macberry33 View Post
    Test results are published in the FCC approval. It is likely this approval has the data you seek. https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...7L6ARFF90LW%27
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Thanked by:
    macberry33 (02-02-2013)