I understand your preference for the older BBOS devices, and I understand that to you the 9900 and 9930 completely suited your needs.
    Ahh, no....

First off, I am not a native English speaker and feel I have to spend a lot of words to explain what I think. This might blur the contention, and I have to apologize for it. Besides, the issue we are discussing here is somewhat of a philosophical issue, and often difficult to come across precisely.

Having said that, I would appreciate your referring to my post #148 in this thread, where you might pick up that what I want is indeed a device based on a new platform but incorporating as many advantages the legacy devices had as possible. BB10 platform has a lot of improvements.

All I am saying is that, if BBRY were to offer a qwerty device based on a new platform, give us a better one than the current iteration.
    I do not think the Q10 exceeded the core functionality of the old 9900 at this very moment, but that is my personal opinion based on cursory observation. In other words, if you have to rely so much on the touch screen even when you have a keyboard, then, isn't the Z10 a better option?

I simply want a Q10 with all advantages of a true qwerty phone (such as 9900 etc), and I am prepared to pay for it. Consumer target? Fine, as long as the core functions that legacy products had won't be lost in wholesale.
    I am also trying to measure which way BBRY might be going on the Q10. At present, it's hard to tell.
    Don't take me wrong. I want a Q10 and have been eagerly waiting for it, but not in the current iteration. That's all I am saying.
    06-16-13 02:09 PM
    I'm not a keyboard guy anyway
    06-16-13 02:31 PM
    My week experience has showed me that BB10 has blowed away most of the things that keeped most of us as BB users for the last three years. It is also true that it has brought many things that we were missing from other (browser, camera, let see if many apps too...), but I am still asking to myself why I should pay a premium price for a device that no longer give me what other options could not provide and at the same time I have still to lack many things that are basic things in the other OSs.
    I know that BB have to do what most people ask for in order to sell, but IMO they are at this point in a nowhere place. I hope they get that place they want to be sooner than later but maybe many of us will not be with then at that time.... Good luck BB!!
    06-16-13 02:39 PM
    I too just need a device for emails... the Z10 is driving me crazy... argh
    06-16-13 02:45 PM
    Lol I think I already told you but you can hold down on a post and then select edit from the overflow menu on the right .

Also I said like 5 times in my post to you that this is what I think you saying, meaning I wasn't sure what you were trying to say. Regardless, I responded as if you were saying what I thought you were saying lol.

Posted via CB10
    No worries

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:03 PM
    No worries

Posted via CB10
    Okay but can you acknowledge the first paragraph of my previous quoted post? I don't want you making more "uneditable" posts again lol!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:06 PM
    They need the Q10 to be as consistent as possible. Obviously the Q10 wont have the same user experience as the Z, because of it's keyboard and smaller screen, but other than that it's essentially the same. Now imagine adding a trackpad to the Q10. That's when the experience really begins to change, weather it's positive or negative depends on the user. With your logic it doesn't even make any sense to produce a BB10 device with a physical keyboard to begin with. They should've just released an updated 9900 with the Z10, but then they'd have to worry about two OSs.

The trackpad wasn't just there for text selection. It's primary purpose was to be used to control the device. That eliminates the need for any of BB10's gesture based navigation.
    Could have fooled me. I rarely use my trackpad on my 9900. I seem to use my thumb mainly.
    06-16-13 03:22 PM
    Okay but can you acknowledge the first paragraph of my previous quoted post? I don't want you making more "uneditable" posts again lol!

Posted via CB10
    Ah, yes, indeed. Duly acknowledged! With gusto. Lol

And re-edited to place this sentence is just cos I could!

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    06-16-13 03:31 PM
    Just realized this thread is 170-post long. Wow.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    06-16-13 03:33 PM
    Completely agree. I really wanted to like the Q10, had it for even more than two weeks but returned it at the end. It's simply not as efficient for my use compared to the 9900 without all the shortcuts and direct buttons.

Still comes back here every now and then, hoping to see a huge software update which fixes all the bugs, but I guess it'll take longer.
    06-16-13 04:31 PM
    To add insult to injury, I did a test of the GPS system just to see how it performs.

I drove in Upstate New York -- hardly the wilderness but not totally urban either.

I had my Blackberry Q10 running the Maps app and my no-name Chinese Android device running Google Maps. Both had a T-mobile SIM. Blackberry was on 4G wherever available while the no-name device was on 3G (it doesn't have 4G).

Both devices started out nicely enough although Blackberry maps appeared to estimate the drive time more accurately (the difference in drive time was nearly 60 minutes on a 5 hour drive).

Within 30 minutes of driving, however, Blackberry totally crapped out and basically was unable to continue with the route. It just kept on repeating "Getting Route" over and over again then dying. Meanwhile, both the Android device and the car's built-in GPS guidance system continued uninterrupted. T-mobile service was most definitely spotty but it was clear the my cheapo Chinese no-name Android device using Google Maps was able to maintain some degree of satellite and data connectivity to get me to where I was going while my Q10 was completely useless.

In short, just like my Stockholm experience where Blackberry Maps was completely useless, even in the good old USA, it was a completely pointless exercise to even attempt a long drive largely on Interstates (although there were some state roads) using a Blackberry Q10.
    06-17-13 08:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thx Mr agp101! I just edited a post. Multiple times. Thought you'd like to know

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    06-17-13 08:35 PM
    Thx Mr agp101! I just edited a post. Multiple times. Thought you'd like to know

Posted via CB10
    Lol no problem! Yes, I'm acknowledging that I indeed would have liked to know . Hehe

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 11:58 PM
    I think the OP had the wrong attitude towards the new platform. He must have read negative reviews and went to the store with a negative mind set and willing to confirm all the bad he read. On top of that he encountered an unskilled sales rep that should be fired or maybe trained in the new devices. Ive owned all top phones, and although the Q10 and its new bb10 isnt perfect, it is an increbibly capable phone. Text selection is as good if not better than the IOS or android. You just need to have a positive attitude. To select text just tap briefly (not press and hold). A single light tap will bring the blue circle that works like the trackpad. I find it ingenious, and only blackberry has it. For those complaining about the back button or app kill capability, just one swipe up will do it. What is sad is not your review, it is the fact that some people come see read this forum hoping to read a post like the OP just to later go to the store, grab the Q10 for ten minutes and come back here to post their accurate and respectful thoughts. I am glad I did not pay attention to none of those and bought the device. It took me a couple of days to get used to the new Os, and an the willingness to underdtand and accept its limitations and missing functions. The good is way better than the bad, just the browser alone is a huge improvement over the 9900. The one thing backberry could have done to offset many potencial buyers frustrations, is to have offered the Q10 at a lower price. Something similar google did with the nexus 4, but so extreme, enough to attract more buyers. Other than that the Q10 and BB10 are an amazing package.
    Last edited by Tessoro Desoto; 06-18-13 at 03:05 PM.
    06-18-13 07:53 AM
189 ... 678