Was using my phone and it just shut down and will not turn back on. Multiple battery swaps, charges, etc. The sprint store is clueless and has no replacements for the Q10, The tech mentioned that there were some isolated incidents of CPU failure. If so, is there any way to get the phone repaired????? Looking at BB's website it appears they only repair a few isolated models and the Q10 isn't one of them.

Any suggestions???? I love this phone and I have no other options with my carrier. I'm using my Bold as a backup but this wont work for long..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-22-15 12:40 PM
    Was using my phone and it just shut down and will not turn back on. Multiple battery swaps, charges, etc. The sprint store is clueless and has no replacements for the Q10, The tech mentioned that there were some isolated incidents of CPU failure. If so, is there any way to get the phone repaired????? Looking at BB's website it appears they only repair a few isolated models and the Q10 isn't one of them.

Any suggestions???? I love this phone and I have no other options with my carrier. I'm using my Bold as a backup but this wont work for long..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Just curious... any idea what your battery level was when the phone shut off?
    11-22-15 12:46 PM
    Does it attempt to turn on ( does the LED turn Red?) if so, even if it doesn't, plug it into the computer and start the auto-loader (the .exe file) of the current OS. Then try to turn on the phone. IF the auto-loader starts to work let it finish and hopefully your phone will work again.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1040826/
    11-22-15 12:54 PM
    Just curious... any idea what your battery level was when the phone shut off?
    Yep. It had died fully the night before so I charged it that night to full then took it off the charger that night and left it on. I'd say somewhere in the 80% range

I was just in the process of plugging in an address to my GPS and then it acted like it was going to reboot, then nothing.
    11-22-15 01:02 PM
    Does it attempt to turn on ( does the LED turn Red?) if so, even if it doesn't, plug it into the computer and start the auto-loader (the .exe file) of the current OS. Then try to turn on the phone. IF the auto-loader starts to work let it finish and hopefully your phone will work again.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1040826/
    No. If you plug it in withOUT a battery you get the yellow/orange light. Once you put a battery it the light goes out about a minute later. It does nothing with either of the 2 batteries I have.

It you plug it into the computer it is not recognized.
    11-22-15 01:06 PM
    Yep. It had died fully the night before so I charged it that night to full then took it off the charger that night and left it on. I'd say somewhere in the 80% range

I was just in the process of plugging in an address to my GPS and then it acted like it was going to reboot, then nothing.
    I had some strange issues with my Q10 a few years ago. Similar to yours. At that point... I tried to use a wall charger... and it was as if the phone was completely dead. It didn't even acknowledge the charge (no LED, nothing).

I have no idea what your issue is and I don't want to give you false hope. All I can say is... I eventually got mine working again rather unexpectedly. I plugged it into a USB cable attached to my computer... and sort of forgot about it. A few hours later... I noticed the LED light came on (don't remember what color it was)... and eventually it came back to life.

To this day I have no idea why it would behave differently depending on the wall charge and the computer charge.. but it did. If you've hit a dead end... I suppose it wouldn't hurt to plug it into a computer for a day... just to see what happens.
    11-22-15 01:08 PM
    Sorry to hear about this. I loved that phone. Gave it up when moved to AT&T for the Passport a while back. Q10 remains my favorite BB10 device though. Good luck with getting it going. If not...there's always Amazon. Could probably find a cheap CDMA Q10 model that works with Sprint.
    11-22-15 01:13 PM
    Thanks. I'm trying a 2hr charge / 15 off sequence someone suggested online to "kick start i t", if that does nothing I'll try yours as well. If not, I'm shopping for another as we speak.

Also, I need to cancel my completely USELESS insurance with Sprint....... Assurian, Sprints insurance provider informed me that the phone had to be "damaged" i.e. physically broken, water damage etc, in order for them to process a claim. There was a slight pause, and then I informed her that the phone had miraculously flew into the wall as we spoke. Some kind of divine intervention, as if God had gently lifted the phone from my hands in an attempt to save this poor Blackberry. Then she informed me that it would be replaced with some "mystery phone". The divine intervention then exclaimed some expletive and the phone call was immediately ended..

Amen.....
    11-22-15 01:31 PM
    Hi,

The same happened to me and many others q10 customers. The q10 was back to life to some people after a couple of days. Leave it plugged to charge without battery and SD card and Sim card. I did so, and I could only get the orange led on for 15 seconds and then for 30 seconds.
    Try to keep it charging like this for a couple of days, and then to charge it with the battery. My Q10 started to work again suddenly....I wish u good luck and above all that your q10 comes back to life earlier than 2 weeks!!

Posted via CB10
    Kitten219 likes this.
    11-22-15 01:41 PM
    Ebay, less than 100 bucks. I got lucky and the one I bought was practically new. Original OS and not a scratch.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:18 PM
    Well no signs of life so far. Seems like a lost cause.

That said, when my new one gets here, can I load a back-up from my previous phone to reload everything I had on it???? Or can I swap SIM cards to do something similar???

Thanks
    11-30-15 11:11 AM
    By any chance is yours a Q10 with an Arabic keyboad?

Mine dropped dead too. Out of NOWHERE and no one knows what to do with it. It was clouded (even though BB INSISTS they can't be hacked... IMO, ANYONE can be hacked... even my TV can be hacked~~has been, actually) right before my eyes. I tried to yank the battery out to stop it. When I put the battery back in I cannot load the OS even though my computer says the phone is up to date.

Is this what happened to you????
    12-01-15 01:50 PM
    I tried that too... won't work. In fact, it caused some temporary but easy to fix issues with my other phone. Don't try it. I'd be to afraid to. What if it wipes your sim card or memory card (whichever you opt for). I doubt mine is EVER coming back to life as well. It's on life support right now. It's brain dead. :-(
    12-01-15 01:53 PM
    By any chance is yours a Q10 with an Arabic keyboad?

Mine dropped dead too. Out of NOWHERE and no one knows what to do with it. It was clouded (even though BB INSISTS they can't be hacked... IMO, ANYONE can be hacked... even my TV can be hacked~~has been, actually) right before my eyes. I tried to yank the battery out to stop it. When I put the battery back in I cannot load the OS even though my computer says the phone is up to date.

Is this what happened to you????
    Not really. It sounds like yours and others are still able to be turned on and or programmed. My phone is DEAD. It will not turn on, therefore my computer does NOT recognize it and I cant load anything to it The only lights that come on are the "yellowish / orange" light when I remove the battery and plug it into the charger or computer. The light then goes out about a minute later and NOTHING else happens.

I did get a chance to try another new battery in the phone and it again does NOTHING..... At this point it seems like a sad paper weight....
    12-01-15 02:42 PM
    I tried that too... won't work. In fact, it caused some temporary but easy to fix issues with my other phone. Don't try it. I'd be to afraid to. What if it wipes your sim card or memory card (whichever you opt for). I doubt mine is EVER coming back to life as well. It's on life support right now. It's brain dead. :-(
    You tried "what to"?
    12-01-15 03:15 PM
    The only lights that come on are the "yellowish / orange" light when I remove the battery and plug it into the charger or computer. The light then goes out about a minute later and NOTHING else happens.
    The last resort step is simple. Pull out the battery and connect your phone to your computer. Download the last autoloader on the forum (work on Windows by the way) and launch it. Wait for the "Connect to.." message to appear in the console window and then, only then, put back your battery. Then wait some more.

If it's not working the first time, try again until it works !

P.S: Kitten219, it's not for you. See the answers on your thread first.
    12-02-15 06:12 AM
    The last resort step is simple. Pull out the battery and connect your phone to your computer. Download the last autoloader on the forum (work on Windows by the way) and launch it. Wait for the "Connect to.." message to appear in the console window and then, only then, put back your battery. Then wait some more.

If it's not working the first time, try again until it works !

P.S: Kitten219, it's not for you. See the answers on your thread first.
    OK. How do you propose that I download ANYTHING when the phone is not recognized by my computer??????????
    12-02-15 10:01 AM
    OK. How do you propose that I download ANYTHING when the phone is not recognized by my computer??????????
    Well he's saying to dowload the autoloader with your computer.

But I agree, seems like a lost cause since your phone won't turn on enough for the computer to see it.

This is what i'd do:

Leave the battery in, and plug it into a GOOD wall charger (not USB), for example, the playbook charger... it has 1.8 output.

Do that for a day / 24 hours, if it works, awesome, if not, I'd move on from that phone.

Buy a used CDMA Q10 from craigslist / ebay, you can find good deals.

Once you get it you can start it up, log in for blackberry services, restore your last back up from Link. Put in your old sim card, and off you go.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:50 AM
    Ahhh, so the autoloader may recognize it even though BB link wont? Where can I DL the autoloader?
    12-02-15 12:15 PM
    Ahhh, so the autoloader may recognize it even though BB link wont? Where can I DL the autoloader?
    Yes, that's the point.

You can get the latest leak here or the last official in the same sub-forum.
    12-02-15 04:43 PM
    Yes, that's the point.

You can get the latest leak here or the last official in the same sub-forum.
    No go..... The phone still needs to be recognized / boot up in order to load anything......
    12-02-15 07:31 PM
    No go..... The phone still needs to be recognized / boot up in order to load anything......
    You're mistaken. Follow the process I described before. Repeat if necessary as said. It's the way to reload an OS when a bad/incomplete one is installed (or no OS is found). Don't forget to put back the battery only after the "Connect to..." message is displayed.

Assuming your computer is allright, if these steps doesn't help, you can be sure that your issue is hardware.
    12-02-15 08:27 PM
    You're mistaken. Follow the process I described before. Repeat if necessary as said. It's the way to reload an OS when a bad/incomplete one is installed (or no OS is found). Don't forget to put back the battery only after the "Connect to..." message is displayed.

Assuming your computer is allright, if these steps doesn't help, you can be sure that your issue is hardware.
    I'm not mistaken and quite positive its hardware related from day one. There's no link or recognition of the phone to a charger or computer.

THEREFORE, the "CONNECT TO" message never comes.... Its NOT recognized...........
    12-02-15 08:53 PM
    THEREFORE, the "CONNECT TO" message never comes.... Its NOT recognized...........
    This message is displayed only when the Autoloader search for a device. It's even displayed if you don't plug any phone on the computer... Be patient, read again But, I won't repeat anymore. You have the process, either you follow it, either this thread is done
    12-03-15 05:35 AM
    This message is displayed only when the Autoloader search for a device. It's even displayed if you don't plug any phone on the computer... Be patient, read again But, I won't repeat anymore. You have the process, either you follow it, either this thread is done
    This is all I get:

Sad day - Q10 just died-q10-al-page.png
    12-03-15 10:13 AM
33 12