I need step by step instructions like I am a 5 year old. Want to get the 10.2 update but don't want to mess up my phone. What are the best "NO WAY YOU CAN SCREW IT UP" instructions?

Posted via CB10
    darkangel123elijah likes this.
    03-16-14 03:16 AM
    John Clark, who also posts in CB, made a great step-by-step tutorial for using Sachesi. I found it extremely useful the first time I used Sachesi.

Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Update

IMPORTANT: the only thing there which hasn't been updated yet is the BB10 version. For the Sachesi settings for most recent version 10.2.1.2228 look in the very first post (by theonecid) here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/index17.html

I need step by step instructions like I am a 5 year old. Want to get the 10.2 update but don't want to mess up my phone. What are the best "NO WAY YOU CAN SCREW IT UP" instructions?
    03-16-14 03:33 AM
    See this is where I get confused. I don't want to F up my phone by putting in the wrong info or something. John on his page said all variants of Q10 would work is that so or not. Dang verizon making me go through this trouble how do you let tmobile release an update before you.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 04:29 AM
    So downloaded Sachesi and it automatically downloaded like 4 other programs I didn't even want.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 05:06 AM
    Yes this is true - No matter which Q10 you have, the settings are the same. I also use a Verizon Q10, so here are the settings I used yesterday to search for the update:

Carrier 160 (it's TMobile but Sachesi didn't ID it - use it anyway)
    Device: Q10
    Variant: SQN100-5

After putting those in, click Search, and you should get a box that says "Update 10.2.1.2156 available! OS: 10.2.1.2228 + Radio: 10.2.1.2229" at the top. Once you see that, click the Download All button. The download can take an hour or more so be patient and don't unplug your phone from the USB port. (Walk away and read a book or something.)

What it's downloading is a FOLDER called "10.2.1.2156" which will appear in the same location where your Sachesi exe file is. That's the folder you'll be installing after the download is complete.

After the Download is complete, click the Install tab at the top of Sachesi, and drag that FOLDER you just downloaded into it. (i.e. Follow John Clark's instructions to install.)

The installation can take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes, depending on which OS version you are updating. Again, don't unplug anything and be patient - you'll see a progress bar both in Sachesi and on your phone. If it stalls for some reason, note the file it stalled on, and let us know if you see any errors.

See this is where I get confused. I don't want to F up my phone by putting in the wrong info or something. John on his page said all variants of Q10 would work is that so or not. Dang verizon making me go through this trouble how do you let tmobile release an update before you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ragbert; 03-16-14 at 05:40 AM.
    LuisCast likes this.
    03-16-14 05:26 AM
    What exactly did it download and which version of Sachesi was there?

If you have problems with the Mega link, here is thurask's link to the most recent Sachesi 1.1.3.exe - see if this works better for you:

http://l.bitcasa.com/_NOhxStm

So downloaded Sachesi and it automatically downloaded like 4 other programs I didn't even want.
    03-16-14 05:31 AM
    Is Sachesi default name"open it" that is the program that was saved to my computer?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 05:36 AM
    Ok obviously I am not suppose to get this update just followed your instructions 311 country carrier 160 device #10 and SQN 100-5 and the results "SUCESS. NO UPDATES WERE AVAILABLE". DONE!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 05:43 AM
    No, the Sachesi file is named Sachesi-1.1.3.exe and when you download it it you want to SAVE it to your PC, not Run it.
    If you got anything else, delete them.

Did you try the Bitcasa link I posted?

Is Sachesi default name"open it" that is the program that was saved to my computer?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 05:44 AM
    Use Country code 310. That was my typo, I'm so sorry (post fixed now).

Ok obviously I am not suppose to get this update just followed your instructions 311 country carrier 160 device #10 and SQN 100-5 and the results "SUCESS. NO UPDATES WERE AVAILABLE". DONE!
    03-16-14 05:45 AM
    You asked about the phone password. If your phone has a password already, Sachesi might ask you for it - go ahead and put it in. If you have no password, then don't worry about it, you don't need one for the update process.
    03-16-14 05:49 AM
    Thanks guys I got the right program now just not finding the right codes. Whatever

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 05:50 AM
    Good. When you open Sachesi don't worry about the codes it displays in the Search tab. You're going to change them to the ones I posted for you. (I just did the same search again and got the correct version.)

Thanks guys I got the right program now just not finding the right codes. Whatever
    03-16-14 05:55 AM
    ok it finished downloading all the tab files but i do not see the folder name 10.2 whatever do you have to search for that folder after the download? NO WAY my luck is this bad.
    03-16-14 06:04 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "tab files". On your computer, open the folder (or maybe it's on your desktop) where you downloaded your Sachesi program. In that same folder you should now see another folder called 10.2.1.2156. Do you see this? If you downloaded Sachesi to your desktop, then the new folder might also be on your desktop.

ok it finished downloading all the tab files but i do not see the folder name 10.2 whatever do you have to search for that folder after the download? NO WAY my luck is this bad.
    03-16-14 06:10 AM
    nope no folder anywhere meant bar files that what john called them. yes sachesi was downloaded to my desktop. I cannot find the folder and it wont let me redownload the files. OFFICIAL i have the worse luck and the phone Gods don't want me to update to this OS.
    03-16-14 06:17 AM
    Don't despair, you can do this. :-)

ok, if Sachesi is on your desktop, then look carefully - the folder you just downloaded (which is full of bar files, yes) has to be on your desktop also. Are you able to see all the items on your desktop - would any of them be offscreen, or hidden?

nope no folder anywhere meant bar files that what john called them. yes sachesi was downloaded to my desktop. I cannot find the folder and it wont let me redownload the files. OFFICIAL i have the worse luck and the phone Gods don't want me to update to this OS.
    03-16-14 06:23 AM
    One other question, which version of Windows are you running? If you have a Start button, you can click it and Search for that folder by name. If it's on your computer somewhere, Windows should find it.
    Last edited by Ragbert; 03-16-14 at 06:27 AM. Reason: thought of something else
    03-16-14 06:24 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "tab files". On your computer, open the folder (or maybe it's on your desktop) where you downloaded your Sachesi program. In that same folder you should now see another folder called 10.2.1.2156. Do you see this? If you downloaded Sachesi to your desktop, then the new folder might also be on your desktop.
    ok think I found them and it should be starting the download soon. question i have is one that John didnt seem to cover. Once the update is finished since all my files will be lost? do i have to go back to bb link and do a file recovery or somehing?
    03-16-14 06:26 AM
    One other question, which version of Windows are you running? If you have a Start button, you can click it and Search for that folder by name. If it's on your computer somewhere, Windows should find it.
    vista. its showing firmware update: sending accounts have been stuck there for about 5-7 min
    03-16-14 06:29 AM
    Excellent - good job. :-)

Nope, once the Installation is complete, you can close Sachesi and your phone should restart by itself. If it doesn't, just restart it.

Using Sachesi is non-destructive. You should not lose anything, and you should not have to restore any backups. (You made the backup just to be safe in case anything goes wrong.)

It's unlikely but if the installation stalls (you'd know because the progress bar on your phone would disappear and Sachesi would stop showing the files being uploaded) close Sachesi, disable your anti-virus program (hopefully you run one), then re-open Sachesi and try the Install step again. Some AV programs can interfere with the process.

ok think I found them and it should be starting the download soon. question i have is one that John didnt seem to cover. Once the update is finished since all my files will be lost? do i have to go back to bb link and do a file recovery or somehing?
    03-16-14 06:34 AM
    As long as the progress bar still shows on the phone screen (you might have to swipe up to see it if the phone went dark) then everything is good. It's a slow process, and some files take longer than others.

vista. its showing firmware update: sending accounts have been stuck there for about 5-7 min
    03-16-14 06:36 AM
    What to expect after a successful update:

After your phone reboots, it can take some time (a few minutes to a couple of hours) for it to adjust to the new firmware. Again, be patient and wait before opening all your usual apps at once. Your contacts and email accounts should come back on their own if you don't see them right away.

Also for about 24 hours, your battery might run hotter and drain more quickly than you're used to. This also will stabilise on its own, and after about a day it will run cooler and last longer than it did before the update.

One last thing - because this update came from TMobile, it has a couple of TMobile apps in it which you won't need. One is Wifi calling which Verizon phones don't support, and the other is some "my tMobile" customer app. Feel free to delete them from your phone. (There's a way to avoid installing them to begin with by deleting the 2 bar files from the Sachesi folder, but I think for you, it is probably easier to just delete them from your phone after installation.)
    Last edited by Ragbert; 03-16-14 at 06:56 AM.
    03-16-14 06:45 AM
    finished waiting on boot up.
    03-16-14 07:17 AM
    Hats off to Ragbert for his enduring persistence and assistance here!

Another source of help is Superfly_FR's sticky thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/
    Last edited by bungaboy; 03-16-14 at 09:26 AM.
    03-16-14 07:30 AM
37 12