Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Who knows it could be true. The N series would be marketed to hard core BlackBerry users along with Enterprise so having a battery that last forever would be a great selling point for N series. It does sound a bit unbelievable but then again RIM has their backs to the wall and really need to show and prove with BlackBerry10. A battery that last two days with continuous use would be a great start.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Essoo View Post
    The TK5 Justice "The Concept Design" Specc says that it will have a 2500mAh
    The clue is in the word concept, these designs have zero to do with rim and usually zero to do with what is technically feasible.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Who knows it could be true. The N series would be marketed to hard core BlackBerry users along with Enterprise so having a battery that last forever would be a great selling point for N series. It does sound a bit unbelievable but then again RIM has their backs to the wall and really need to show and prove with BlackBerry10. A battery that last two days with continuous use would be a great start.
    Hardcore bb users or not, there is a certain expectation on phone sizes these days and realistically they could not get away with the additional thickness of a device to include a removable 2450mah battery that would not get a typical n-series user through two days.

The reason why they might have a slight increase over the 1800mah in the l-series is that it could be accommodated without a great increase in thickness and if it was needed for a heavy user to readily last a full day, the keyboard is obviously there for people that need to enter more data and while that data is being entered the screen is obviously on all the time so the usage patterns of an n-series user might easily result in higher battery drain even with the smaller screen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    PIN
    290BC3C6 (9900) / 500CF65B (PB)

I say no. Both L and N series, for good or bad, must have the same battery life. If the N-series ships with a 2450mAh battery it will surely have better battery life than the L-series, and will hurt its [L-series] reviews and perception. RIM wouldn't want to cannibalize the sales of one of their products.
    I rock a BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Default Re: [Rumour] N-series battery: 2450 mAh

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo78 View Post
    That really is a sick looking phone.
    +1, prefer previous leaked image,
    I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Dear RIM,
    I'll take one TK Justice. Where would you like me to send your money? And please send mine in that awesome Blue 72 color.

Thank you.
    A loyal BlackBerry consumer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kemj View Post
    I say no. Both L and N series, for good or bad, must have the same battery life. If the N-series ships with a 2450mAh battery it will surely have better battery life than the L-series, and will hurt its [L-series] reviews and perception. RIM wouldn't want to cannibalize the sales of one of their products.
    The n-series isn't launching at the same time so it should have no impact on reviews and they are probably not directly competing for the same sales, so a slightly larger battery would not really harm the l-series and give a nice boost to the n-series when it came out.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts

Whatever it turns out to be, I just hope it gets us through 2 days worth...
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    CrackBerry Genius

Almost certainly not for most people, those days have gone due to the market demanding thinner phones and the target these days would presumably be for a heavy workload to comfortably get through a day.
    CrackBerry User

Sigh, the TK Justice with a 2500 mAh battery? SIGN ME UP NOW! Heck, if the N-Series phone ends up looking like the initial device we saw in the promo pictures way back last year, I'd even take IT, if it meant having a 2450 mAh. Battery life is a huge factor for me, along with call quality and OS smoothness.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by girl_Interrupted513 View Post
    Sigh, the TK Justice with a 2500 mAh battery? SIGN ME UP NOW! Heck, if the N-Series phone ends up looking like the initial device we saw in the promo pictures way back last year, I'd even take IT, if it meant having a 2450 mAh. Battery life is a huge factor for me, along with call quality and OS smoothness.
    It is easy to whack in specs that wow people when there is no chance that you will ever have to produce a device in reality.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12