I got passed some info from a person who is familiar with the N-series that the battery size is to be 2450 mAh. Take this with a rather large grain of salt but if true, it will be pretty amazing. I know this conflicts with the 1800 mAh battery for the L-series but just thought I would pass this along.
    kajenius likes this.
    10-24-12 08:23 PM
    Wow, that would be nice! BB10 might need that big of a battery for all day use.
    10-24-12 10:22 PM
    That would be amazing but I'm doubtful. I would expect a battery of that size in the L-Series which has no keyboard to have a battery of that size, sadly it does not. Would be nice though.
    11-11-12 07:50 PM
    Neat rumor. Kind of reinforces the notion that the N-series is the "old-school" BB.
    11-11-12 07:52 PM
    I suspect that this rumour is incorrect, they would have undoubtedly started out with a similar-sized battery to the 1800mah of the L-series and for them to increase it by more than a third would increase the thickness of the device just too much without a total redesign that would never happen mid-project, it is possible that it could have a larger battery but it is more likely to be a slight increase 2000-2100mah maybe since that would be doable without adding more than a mm to the design judging by the increase in thickness and capacity of the 9320's battery compared with that of a 9900.
    11-18-12 05:04 AM
    I dunno, just hope an 1800 is sufficient battery life for the N series. Does anyone know if the Qwerty is going to have the exact same specs as the L series? Or maybe better?
    11-20-12 08:11 AM
    Given the timeframe for the release of both of them, it is pretty safe to assume that beyond screen resolution they are going to be very similar in spec.
    11-20-12 07:58 PM
    I got passed some info from a person who is familiar with the N-series that the battery size is to be 2450 mAh. Take this with a rather large grain of salt but if true, it will be pretty amazing. I know this conflicts with the 1800 mAh battery for the L-series but just thought I would pass this along.
    I seriously doubt this. To fit a battery that big the phone would probably have to be almost as big as the one Zack Morris had.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-23-12 02:07 PM
    I dunno, just hope an 1800 is sufficient battery life for the N series.
    Recently I went back to a BlackBerry Curve 9320, having switched to Android a few years back (the BlackBerry Bold 9000 was the last 'Berry I owned), and the primary reason was because I'm fed-up with the pathetic usage times of modern smartphones...

I've bought at least 200 apps for Android, and it will be the usage times of BlackBerry 10 that determines if I'm here to stay.

Research in Motion (RIM) have already captured my attention by confirming at least one "traditional" BlackBerry 10 smartphone (i.e. One with a physical keyboard), now all they need to do is make sure the usage times are comparable to current BlackBerry smartphones and I'm sold!
    11-24-12 07:17 PM
    Man.....I wanna believe u OP cause u always post great info....but I just can't see them going with two different battery sizes. U would think they'd pick one battery size and buy huge quantities of to bring their costs down.

I will say though, if this is true, it'd be amazing. 9900 does pretty good when u consider it only has a 1230mAh battery.
    11-29-12 12:24 AM
    The order sizes should be more than large enough for them to do more than one battery type and indeed you might expect a slightly different shaped battery to better suit the shorter N-series device anyway, but the odds are that if they do go for a larger size it is more likely to be in the range I mention in an earlier post since larger than that would tend to make a device with a removable battery a bit too thick.
    11-29-12 05:12 AM
    That would be amazing but I'm doubtful. I would expect a battery of that size in the L-Series which has no keyboard to have a battery of that size, sadly it does not. Would be nice though.
    The smaller screen should actually give the N series device a better battery life when compared with the L series. It will not require as much power to light up the screen etc. Now this may be marginal, but the difference should be there.
    11-29-12 06:27 AM
    The order sizes should be more than large enough for them to do more than one battery type and indeed you might expect a slightly different shaped battery to better suit the shorter N-series device anyway, but the odds are that if they do go for a larger size it is more likely to be in the range I mention in an earlier post since larger than that would tend to make a device with a removable battery a bit too thick.
    U really think they're ordering that many of both device to justify two different battery sizes? I mean, mayb.....but I think I'm gonna take a wait and see approach on this one lol
    11-29-12 10:57 AM
    My bet is it will be very close to the L-series
    11-29-12 06:30 PM
    Hmmm... revisiting this thread, I'll admit I'm still a bit dubious. One thing, though: we haven't seen how thick the N-series is. Not completely out of the question that it's thicker/heavier and can accommodate a bigger battery...

As I say, neat rumor. I'd seriously consider an N-series if it came with this kind of monster battery.
    11-29-12 06:55 PM
    Oh man, fingers crossed that this happens 1800mAh is a start, but 2450 would be amazing. I know i'd find a way to chew through all of though lol
    11-30-12 12:43 PM
    I would love to have a BB10 Bold w/ a 2450mAh battery. I prefer not to add the bulky aftermarket batteries, but if the new Bold is only a couple mm thicker than the 99x0 and has that huge battery, it would be awesome.
    12-03-12 07:45 PM
    Man, 2450 would be so totally awesome! But I guess it is a little bit too good to be true! And I really do not mind getting a thicker Bold model. If that repays itself back in excellent battery life it's totally acceptable.
    12-05-12 12:20 PM
    Man, 2450 would be so totally awesome! But I guess it is a little bit too good to be true! And I really do not mind getting a thicker Bold model. If that repays itself back in excellent battery life it's totally acceptable.
    Couldn't agree more with this! The Bold 9900 was insanely thin but obviously battery life took a major hit.
    12-05-12 12:44 PM
    Couldn't agree more with this! The Bold 9900 was insanely thin but obviously battery life took a major hit.
    at first it did and I was really disappointed but now I find it amazing with upgraded OS
    But I have to agree, with a 2450 I could go 3-4 days without charging.
    12-05-12 01:10 PM
    I want to believe this but I just don't. The fact that the phone has a smaller screen automatically means it doesn't NEED a bigger battery than a normal phone.

If it doesn't effect the price too much and keeps it relatively thin/light then I'm obviously all for it.
    12-05-12 02:59 PM
    I want to believe this but I just don't. The fact that the phone has a smaller screen automatically means it doesn't NEED a bigger battery than a normal phone.
    The expected workload of a particular model might encourage them to go for a larger battery, somebody has gone for an n-series because they expect to be typing a lot more and as a consequence the display would also be on longer, also the type of display can have an impact on battery life too.

A larger battery would not altogether surprise me for this device, but I would bet that there is zero chance of it being as high as 2450 as that would simply end up adding too much thickness to the device and while they do not have to be the thinnest device it doesn't seem like they would want to launch a device that was much thicker than a 9900, so I am going to stick with my earlier guess of 2000-2100 if there is any increase over the L-series battery.
    12-06-12 07:47 AM
    The smaller screen should actually give the N series device a better battery life when compared with the L series. It will not require as much power to light up the screen etc. Now this may be marginal, but the difference should be there.
    I think in modern smartphones the top two battery hungry things are radio and screen, so if anything i would expect the L-series to have a larger Battery than N-series.

That said however the L-Series seems to be very thin, so maybe the N-Series is a little thicker allowing for a larger battery.
    12-06-12 08:38 AM
    The TK5 Justice "The Concept Design" Specc says that it will have a 2500mAh
    http://www.digitalhomeboy.ca/wp-cont...6SpecSheet.jpg
    So if this Rumour is true, im hoping the new N-Series will be the justice phone.
    Full information for the TK5 Justice is here BlackBerry TK5 Justice | DigitalHomeBoy
    If not, im hoping Rim takes this phone and makes it in the future..I'd be first in line for this beast.
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    12-16-12 06:51 PM
    That really is a sick looking phone.
    12-16-12 07:27 PM
36 12