I have heard from a knowledgeable friend who works for T-Mobile, that they will only be carrying the all-touch Z10 - NOT the Q10! As a long-time T-Mobile customer, I will now have to find another source for the qwerty model, if this is true. Plus - I would have to find another carrier that would unlock their phone AND have the same band for LTE that T-Mobile has - the 1700 band! This is a real pain in the-you-know-what! Any ideas if Blackberry will be selling phones directly to the public?
    01-31-13 02:34 PM
    If this is true, I too will be extremely pissed! I have been with T Mobile forever and cannot afford to change carriers. I will be looking for an alternative source to buy a Q10 as well.
    01-31-13 02:38 PM
    I saw in another thread that this was published in today's Wall Street Journal.
    01-31-13 02:54 PM
    I've had the same account since 1996! Will leave if they don't change their minds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 03:10 PM
    I'm going to be using the next 60 days to try to decide. Both are sweet devices and I could be happy with either. But I do want to stay with T-Mobile if I can, so that limits me to the Zed.
    01-31-13 04:17 PM
    In the same position you are. I really want the Q10. The Z10 is overpriced. I have to buy retail since my TMO plan doesn't have the phone subsidies. Since BB is sold on a global scale, I doubt they will limit the bands on the Q10. GSM Arena still has it listed as just the 4 bands. But why would BB limit the Bands? Its like shooting yourself in the foot.....

Personally Im pissed that BB has not released MSRP prices or anything hard set.
    01-31-13 04:57 PM
    Upgrade to Z10. Keep it in the box. Sell it retail online, buy the Q10 retail online. WIND mobile uses TMOs frequency.
    01-31-13 05:52 PM
    Upgrade to Z10. Keep it in the box. Sell it retail online, buy the Q10 retail online. WIND mobile uses TMOs frequency.
    Will that work? I tried that with an unlocked 9900 and couldn't get 3g, despite have the "correct" antennas. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I've seen others mention the same difficulties in the Crackberry TMO forum.
    01-31-13 06:15 PM
    I'm really leaning toward the Q 10. I hope this rumor is wrong.
    01-31-13 06:20 PM
    I doubt it's wrong. It's all over the news sights.
    01-31-13 06:31 PM
    And couple of questions. Does anyone think that if enough people demand it, tmobile might change their minds and offer it? Also, anyone know if BB will sell unlocked models?
    02-01-13 01:44 AM
    Has this been confirmed yet, or still just a rumor? I will be very disappointed if TMO doesn't get Q10.

I don't want to switch to ATT (and probably wouldn't anyway); been with TMO (or predecessor) since '98.
    02-01-13 09:16 AM
    I have heard another rumour which is that they are trying to bring forward the release of the q10 so that when that comes out they will not be as far behind the first carriers to launch.
    Last edited by Skeevecr; 02-03-13 at 07:19 AM.
    02-01-13 09:20 AM
    I have heard another rumour which is that they are trying to pull in the release of the q10 so that when that comes out they will not be as far behind the first carriers to launch.
    "Pull in"? I don't understand. You heard a rumor that TMO /will/ have the Q10? Where did you hear this?

Letters couldn't hurt. Tried to send an email last night, but they apparently don't have a customer-service email account. Think I'll get out the dip pen (might draw attention) and send a hand-written letter. Maybe every week for a while. Don't want to leave TMO, but I will not accept any other device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    SK122387 and Caymancroc like this.
    02-01-13 11:04 AM
    I have heard from a knowledgeable friend who works for T-Mobile, that they will only be carrying the all-touch Z10 - NOT the Q10! As a long-time T-Mobile customer, I will now have to find another source for the qwerty model, if this is true. Plus - I would have to find another carrier that would unlock their phone AND have the same band for LTE that T-Mobile has - the 1700 band! This is a real pain in the-you-know-what! Any ideas if Blackberry will be selling phones directly to the public?
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry us building the Q10 & Z10 with quad band LTE (700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900), you should be ok with an unlocked version. That's what I'll probably have to do for the white Z10. Not waiting on some BS exclusivity with over charge you VZW.... Still sucks, though.
    02-01-13 11:12 AM
    "Pull in"? I don't understand. You heard a rumor that TMO /will/ have the Q10? Where did you hear this?
    I was just making a point about how easy it is for anyone to post random rumours on here that people will get into a blind panic or euphoria about.

Personally, I do not think that any carriers are going to skip the q10 because it offers something different from the rest of their range, whereas there could be others in a situation like Sprint where they have lumbered themselves with idiotic amounts of iphones that they need to shift and a z10 could harm that.
    02-03-13 07:21 AM
    Personally, I do not think that any carriers are going to skip the q10 because it offers something different from the rest of their range
    Would be nice if you were right, but have a look around the net: it looks like TMO are only carrying the Z.
    02-03-13 08:10 AM
    T-Mobile has been known to skip popular phones in the past, even when their customers want it.
    If the Q10 (when released) has the same network bands available as the Z10 does, then unlocking one will work fine on Big Pink.
    Not sure what they are thinking as the Q10 is beautiful.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-03-13 08:49 AM
    I have sent a couple of emails to T-Mobile about this. I will probably keep it up.

Maybe I am being picky but I want the Q10, on TMobile with Wifi calling. Should not be too much to ask for.
    02-06-13 02:40 PM
    I just picked up on this rumor today via the Forbes site (which as everyone knows, isn't all that great a source for news): Not Even Alicia Keys Can Save BlackBerry As Supply Constraints Cap Sales - Forbes

If true, it presents a problem, since we leverage T-Mobile on the corporate front. I tell you, blackberry and its partners is not making this easy. You really have to want it, to get it.
    02-19-13 03:47 PM
    I have also heard that TMO won't carry the Q10. Just like sprint won't be carrying the Z10. So glad i switched to Verizon when i did.
    02-19-13 04:30 PM
    I have also heard that TMO won't carry the Q10. Just like sprint won't be carrying the Z10. So glad i switched to Verizon when i did.
    Just get an AT&T Q10 and unlock it.
    02-19-13 04:55 PM
    I was upset at first as I'm a keyboard fan but after reading positive comments from physical keyboard users who switched to Z10, I think I'm going to give the Z10 a try. The on-screen keyboard seems to be very good and the 4.2" screen is too enticing to pass.
    02-19-13 05:54 PM
    Just get an AT&T Q10 and unlock it.
    Yeah, I like Q10 AT&T
    02-20-13 01:41 AM
    Does anybody what date will T-mobile begin to sell the Z10 (or hopefully the Q10)? My BB bold 9780 is on its last legs (the USB charger port just broke yesterday - and ideas on how to download data?) and I'd like to know how much longer I have to wait for the phone upgrade.
    02-22-13 12:32 PM