I'm anxiously awaiting the Q10. Yes, I swear by the physical keyboard, so as long as they make them, I'll buy them. Anyway, I think some of you are being a tad pessimistic about the release date in the US. I went to my Verizon store yesterday, and the manager I spoke to - when I worked for Verizon I was her manager, so I believe she's always been honest with me - said that the Q10 will be out in a "couple weeks." She said [and I'll quote], "The Q10 display boards are in the back of the store, the demo phones will be here next week [April 14-20], and after that, we'll just wait on Verizon to tell us when to put them out." Now I worked for them for two years, and when they sent us display boards and demo phones, we were - 99.9% of the time - 10-15 days away from product launch.

All I'm saying is this: if the carriers already have the stuff to sell it, then I believe that there's just as good of a possibility to have it the last few days of April as it is the first few days of May, but I don't think we're having a late May release like some say. I say the last possible release date would be May 13th, but I'm more inclined to believe that it will be at least 7 days before that. I could be wrong - things have changed since I left 16 months ago, but I don't think I'm off on this one...
    04-14-13 02:29 AM
    If you are right, that would be pimp.
    04-14-13 03:59 AM
    OP no offense to your credibility but. If this particular store had posters, I am sure plenty others stores got it too. And with all the resources we have at CB and the awesome community of CB at least 1 person from these stores would have already posted a picture of the said poster. And the exact release dates would be plastered all over BlackBerry sites and forums.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:53 AM
    You could be right Atentozedten, but my former subordinate wouldn't just say that. She couldn't just make that up I promise. Again, I'm not sure when the release date will be, but I am quite certain that it will NOT be late May or early June, but that it will be earlier than that, like late April or early May, and by early May, I mean by May 13th. Even Heins said it would come out 6-8 weeks after the Z10, and it came out March 20th or so, so I think it will be closer to late April/early May, along the 6-week mark.
    04-14-13 11:16 AM
    Woooo weee that us some powerful information!!

Let just hope it is sooner than later!!

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    04-14-13 11:20 AM
    Man a sneak peak at a sign that just so happen to fall over while someone was walking by taking out the trash and grab a smoke would really nice right now.... #ijs
    kb1234 likes this.
    04-14-13 12:12 PM
    The bigger question is are they getting the white Q10 considering they already have the exclusive on the white Z10?
    PJD642 likes this.
    04-14-13 02:14 PM
    I hope u are right
    04-14-13 04:30 PM
    I hope so. I'm thinking end of April too. BB did say globally, and I have to imagine US was one of 20 that were testing.
    04-14-13 11:24 PM
    The bigger question is are they getting the white Q10 considering they already have the exclusive on the white Z10?
    "Bigger" question for you maybe... I'm not too keen on the whole iphone white is cool thing. You get a phone with a white back, stainless frame, white bezel, black screen, you end up with a phone with like 5 different colors... I prefer the black, with the black back, frame, bezel, and screen. Much cleaner looking in my opinion... Just personal preference.
    BBSammy likes this.
    04-15-13 11:32 AM
    "Bigger" question for you maybe... I'm not too keen on the whole iphone white is cool thing. You get a phone with a white back, stainless frame, white bezel, black screen, you end up with a phone with like 5 different colors... I prefer the black, with the black back, frame, bezel, and screen. Much cleaner looking in my opinion... Just personal preference.
    So yours would like like any other black slab phone. I want to avoid that. I would like to have my Blackberry stand out against the crowd if I can.
    Last edited by luddite2; 04-15-13 at 03:53 PM. Reason: text edit
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-15-13 03:08 PM
    So yours would like like any other black slab phone. I want to avoid that. I would like to have my Blackberry stand out against the crowd if I can.
    True. I was tossing around if I should get the white or black when it hits US, but I think all black looks better than all white. Although, if you could do all white with black back (maybe even just battery cover), that would be my favorite.

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 3G - Sprint
    Tweet Me! - @TylerJNelson32
    BBM Me! - 32A586F1
    04-15-13 07:20 PM
    Yes, because every slab has a full physical qwerty keyboard... People mistaken my Bold 9900 for a Samsung Galaxy S3 all of the time! LOL :-D
    stevepar likes this.
    04-15-13 11:25 PM
    And to add to what I said before. I go downstairs and go to the kitchen to get a snack and it kind of hits me. The reason the Bold 9900 and the black Q10 works for me. Black and silver just go together, very classy looking. My kitchen has black granite counter tops and all stainless appliances. So it has that black on silver look. Same with the black Q10 with the black frame, screen, and back with the stainless frets and the silver color logo on the back. While the white Q10 will be like having a kitchen with white counter tops with a black oven and a stainless fridge... Just not as clean and classy looking in my opinion...
    04-16-13 12:07 AM
    Can't wait - hope this pans out...
    04-16-13 10:09 PM
    OP no offense to your credibility but. If this particular store had posters, I am sure plenty others stores got it too. And with all the resources we have at CB and the awesome community of CB at least 1 person from these stores would have already posted a picture of the said poster. And the exact release dates would be plastered all over BlackBerry sites and forums.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, we would have heard this from other eye witnesses if true.
    04-17-13 11:04 AM
    I can say that no material has been received for my stores, and no mention of it on the upcoming list. Sorry to burst bubbles.
    04-17-13 11:40 AM
    Again, you can say what you want, but the lady I talked to - whom I trust - isn't good enough to lie to me. And it's making it's way through the FCC now, so it won't be long at all. Like I said before, I never said when the Q10 would be released, all I did was say two things: 1) it will be before late May and 2) I speculated on when I thought it would be released. And I base that off of when we got our phones at my stores, but that was two years ago, so I'm not saying that the operations on that end haven't changed.
    04-17-13 12:45 PM
    Again, you can say what you want, but the lady I talked to - whom I trust - isn't good enough to lie to me. And it's making it's way through the FCC now, so it won't be long at all. Like I said before, I never said when the Q10 would be released, all I did was say two things: 1) it will be before late May and 2) I speculated on when I thought it would be released. And I base that off of when we got our phones at my stores, but that was two years ago, so I'm not saying that the operations on that end haven't changed.
    The Verizon model of the Q10 hasn't popped up on the FCC website yet, so an May launch is getting more and more doubtful. For the Z10, there was a little over a month delay between the FCC sighting and the launch. Now take into account that the Verizon model tends to take longer for testing, a May launch at all becoming less likely. Of course, it might pass through the FCC any day now and render my second point invalid; however, until then, the launch is most likely over a month away.
    04-17-13 01:42 PM
    Also consider that advertising materials and equipment tend to roll out in phases for most retail chains. It might be worth asking her of it came with word on a street date since they shouldn't be putting it up early.
    04-17-13 01:47 PM
    I'm anxiously awaiting the Q10. Yes, I swear by the physical keyboard, so as long as they make them, I'll buy them. Anyway, I think some of you are being a tad pessimistic about the release date in the US. I went to my Verizon store yesterday, and the manager I spoke to - when I worked for Verizon I was her manager, so I believe she's always been honest with me - said that the Q10 will be out in a "couple weeks." She said [and I'll quote], "The Q10 display boards are in the back of the store, the demo phones will be here next week [April 14-20], and after that, we'll just wait on Verizon to tell us when to put them out." Now I worked for them for two years, and when they sent us display boards and demo phones, we were - 99.9% of the time - 10-15 days away from product launch.

All I'm saying is this: if the carriers already have the stuff to sell it, then I believe that there's just as good of a possibility to have it the last few days of April as it is the first few days of May, but I don't think we're having a late May release like some say. I say the last possible release date would be May 13th, but I'm more inclined to believe that it will be at least 7 days before that. I could be wrong - things have changed since I left 16 months ago, but I don't think I'm off on this one...
    ya your wrong. its almost june and still nothing
    05-29-13 01:34 PM
    Just confirmed with Verizon rep that pre-order for Q10 starts some time tomorrow.
    05-29-13 02:01 PM
    Searching around here, seems they will start taking pre-orders at 2:00 A.M. EST.
    05-29-13 02:32 PM
    My rep said sometime in June.
    05-29-13 02:59 PM
    05-30-13 12:25 AM