On my last BlackBerry I had the ability to assign a different ring tone to individual contacts. Which would also override the general settings of the phone. I am a member of a local search and rescue team and we get called out via sms. When I go to bed I'd put my phone on silent but texts from the callout co-ordinator would come through at volume 10 and wake me up. I can't find this option on my Q10 Does anyone know of an app that would do this?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:33 AM
    I use hub++ for assigning tones to SMS and emails.
    mickylass likes this.
    12-08-13 05:46 AM
    On my last BlackBerry I had the ability to assign a different ring tone to individual contacts. Which would also override the general settings of the phone. I am a member of a local search and rescue team and we get called out via sms. When I go to bed I'd put my phone on silent but texts from the callout co-ordinator would come through at volume 10 and wake me up. I can't find this option on my Q10 Does anyone know of an app that would do this?

Posted via CB10
    What OS are yor running on your Q10? If I remember it right, this is now available on the last leaked OS, 10.2.1.1055.
    mickylass likes this.
    12-08-13 07:37 AM
    I use BeBuzz, works find, gives you sound and color.

Posted on my BlackBerry Q10, because I'm so Bloody Special.
    mickylass likes this.
    12-08-13 07:53 AM
    Thank you, I'm on 10.2.0.424 so will look for the update

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:35 AM
    I use hub++ for assigning tones to SMS and emails.
    I also use hub++ and can't fault it. The developers are really helpful and reply to emails really quickly.

It's well worth purchasing. Almost any notification is fully customisable from sound, LED colour/combination and vibrate.

Notifications can even be set to search email content or subject and then set off the designated notification.

The main ones I use are :-

Notifications for certain contacts (sms and calls)
    Email per account
    BlackBerry Messenger
    WhatsApp
    Facebook

I think it supports more apps, but they're the main ones I use. There is a lot of functionality with this app and regular updates.

I used to use colourid, but glad I changed.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:45 PM