Now that I'm back to my Q 10, left the iphone 5s, I just want to share and reiterate what I think makes this phone so great:

- obviously to start off the physical keyboard
    - response of the touch screen, very snappy right on par with the iphone
    - no dedicated buttons for back or home ( although I know most of you which you had them back)
    - blazing fast LTE internet
    - bright display
    - perfect form factor, best looking phone out right now IMO
    - solid and durable build quality that is extremely scratch resistant compared to the iphone
    - fun - this may sound weird, but blackberry is just a "fun" experience. iphone is predictable and boring
    - shortcuts which make "text..." or "call..." so quick and convenient
    - great front facing camera (2MP) which is above the majority of phone out there
    - true push notifications. Emails pop up right away and facebook notifications as well
    - easy access to settings, wifi, bluetooth
    - great bluetooth functionality with my car (BMW) when I'm on the phone, it shows the contacts picture on my navigation display
    - and last but not least, a small change from other blackberries that I appreciate, is that when bluetooth is turned on, the phone doesn't blink obnoxiously blue. I hated that on my 9930 and previous blackberries

Share what else you guys love about the phone, and keep rooting for the undergo, as far as financial go, this company is here to stay!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:25 AM
    *Turns to my Q10*

I love you babe

Posted via CB10 via Q10
    12-28-13 08:33 AM
    Lmaoo there you go!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:36 AM
    I like that BIS is gone
    12-28-13 08:42 AM
    Now that I'm back to my Q 10, left the iphone 5s, I just want to share and reiterate what I think makes this phone so great:

- obviously to start off the physical keyboard
    - response of the touch screen, very snappy right on par with the iphone
    - no dedicated buttons for back or home ( although I know most of you which you had them back)
    - blazing fast LTE internet
    - bright display
    - perfect form factor, best looking phone out right now IMO
    - solid and durable build quality that is extremely scratch resistant compared to the iphone
    - fun - this may sound weird, but blackberry is just a "fun" experience. iphone is predictable and boring
    - shortcuts which make "text..." or "call..." so quick and convenient
    - great front facing camera (2MP) which is above the majority of phone out there
    - true push notifications. Emails pop up right away and facebook notifications as well
    - easy access to settings, wifi, bluetooth
    - great bluetooth functionality with my car (BMW) when I'm on the phone, it shows the contacts picture on my navigation display
    - and last but not least, a small change from other blackberries that I appreciate, is that when bluetooth is turned on, the phone doesn't blink obnoxiously blue. I hated that on my 9930 and previous blackberries

Share what else you guys love about the phone, and keep rooting for the undergo, as far as financial go, this company is here to stay!

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, maybe is your Q10 different, but my experience does not confirm some of your quotes:

- no dedicated home button is real shame for productivity especially under stress at work and when you have just one free hand.

- display on direct sunshine is not bright at all! How you can call this a bright display? I think its one of the worst

- solid build quality? Are you joking? My rear cover made from fake carbon is shifting up and down, had to fix battery on place by piece of business card - otherwise every harder touch of the table caused restart. Even buttons on Q10 keyboard are not as quiet and solid as were on 9900. How is possible that keyboard generate double typing what previous keyboard never did?

- fun -If you consider to be fun to ask international forum where to find hidden and undocumented features or controls instead of intuitive UI. Spent hours trying to find "hidden" sliding menu for dropbox public share link, how to save photos from Facebook etc..) You have "fun" to try to find, what should be clear, easy and predictable? I think its not good. Especially when you then discover that what you need does not exist (as saving photo from Facebook, showing e-mail in forwarded mails etc).

I use daily iphone5 (OS7), BlackBerry bold 9900 and Q10 and for sure does not agree with all your points. OS 10.2 need at least a one or two more major updates (6 months to a year) to be working well for basic business as I see the progress.. for fun it may be ok, but missing details makes every day at work with Q10 running 10.2 so annoying, that I really don't understand, why are some people so excited. ios 7 has some stupid things (like airdrop not working on all hardware - including quite popular ipad2) but at the moment is for certain work use better then Q10 with 10.2
    9900 for business works fine - but is slow and browser is almost impossible to use. Thousand times you need to copy and send some URLS, copy part of the URL for example and both Q10 and ios are not perfect for it.

Posted using BlackBerry Q10
    12-28-13 09:17 AM
    It's a BlackBerry is what makes it Great
    12-28-13 09:56 AM
    Hmm, maybe is your Q10 different, but my experience does not confirm some of your quotes:

- no dedicated home button is real shame for productivity especially under stress at work and when you have just one free hand.

- display on direct sunshine is not bright at all! How you can call this a bright display? I think its one of the worst

- solid build quality? Are you joking? My rear cover made from fake carbon is shifting up and down, had to fix battery on place by piece of business card - otherwise every harder touch of the table caused restart. Even buttons on Q10 keyboard are not as quiet and solid as were on 9900. How is possible that keyboard generate double typing what previous keyboard never did?

- fun -If you consider to be fun to ask international forum where to find hidden and undocumented features or controls instead of intuitive UI. Spent hours trying to find "hidden" sliding menu for dropbox public share link, how to save photos from Facebook etc..) You have "fun" to try to find, what should be clear, easy and predictable? I think its not good. Especially when you then discover that what you need does not exist (as saving photo from Facebook, showing e-mail in forwarded mails etc).

I use daily iphone5 (OS7), BlackBerry bold 9900 and Q10 and for sure does not agree with all your points. OS 10.2 need at least a one or two more major updates (6 months to a year) to be working well for basic business as I see the progress.. for fun it may be ok, but missing details makes every day at work with Q10 running 10.2 so annoying, that I really don't understand, why are some people so excited. ios 7 has some stupid things (like airdrop not working on all hardware - including quite popular ipad2) but at the moment is for certain work use better then Q10 with 10.2
    9900 for business works fine - but is slow and browser is almost impossible to use. Thousand times you need to copy and send some URLS, copy part of the URL for example and both Q10 and ios are not perfect for it.

I'm sorry your having a different experience. This is my second Q 10, the first one I sold too quick before I gave it any time to be truly appreciated.

- the battery door issue your having does suck, however, my first Q10 had this issue.. but the one I'm on now does not at all! It's actually hard to take off. I don't know if that was a minor tweak they made with the hardware, but that is no longer an issue for me, but did use to bug the sh** out of me

- compared to the 9900, I like this build quality way better. Personal preference I guess, but I love the metal around the edges being black and I like the carbon fiber back. As for the buttons they feel easier to click for me and this keyboard is very comfortable

- not having a dedicated home button, and having gesture based motions, makes using with one hand easier. So not sure what your issue is there, maybe your just not used to it. I can't see this being a problem for anyone unless you had baby hands lol, which I'm sure is not the case

- in sunlight your right, the screen does suck, but so does the iphone, and I'm in my office 12 hours a day anyway, so this does not bother me. This screen is bright in terms of contrast and colors as well, it has a higher pixel denisty than 326 ppi retina

- about the phone shutting off when being put on a desk, again my first Q experienced 2 or 3 times, but I have not had any of those problems on my new one.

- Saving pictures from facebook is possible, I'm still on 10.1 because I don't have patience or time to download a leak, all you do is long press on a picture from the app, and hit save photo?

Also, I am not really comparing the Q and the iphone, because I think both phones are great. The iphone does everything. The Q does not do everything the iphone can (just because of lack of apps) but the things the Q does do I enjoy doing them better on here than the iphone

For instance, multitasking on this phone is way better than iphone, years ahead. Iphone everytime you switch back into an app it goes back to the log in (banking) or back to the main menu. This phone keeps everything where you left off. Also I have verizon, and on verizon with the iphone you cannot be on the phone and text at the same time, this has something to do with the antennas on VZ because I know it's possible with the iphone on different carriers. However, with the Q I can be on the phone, watch a youtube video, and text all at the same time. True multitasking.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be able to get by which JUST the Q 10, that's why I at home I have my ipad mini retina waiting for me, with every app I need for my credit cards or banking. I look at it like this, when I'm not home, I have the best phone that is a true communication device, packed with a sik browser in case I do need it. Than at home I have my apps and instagram and all the other BS that distracts people at work anyway

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    12-28-13 10:55 AM
    If only it had a better camera, battery life, and don't run that hot.

Sighh

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:51 AM
    My battery life is very good.. 12 hours easy.. heavy text / facebook / few emails - maybe 10-15 a day and I keep location services on, lte on and bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:53 AM
    Spent hours trying to find "hidden" sliding menu for dropbox public share link

Hey, where is that anyway? Lol!
    12-28-13 12:55 PM
    I'm sooo feeling up my Q10 right now.
    Thanks OP , thanks! lol
    12-28-13 10:56 PM
    Spent hours trying to find "hidden" sliding menu for dropbox public share link

Hey, where is that anyway? Lol!
    It does not exit in latest official OS software release. People with leaked 10.2.1 report to have that option in side sliding menu. There is also something hidden on the top bar when you press longer time the bar above the file list, once I opened it and have not enough patience to find it again. I mainly need the public link what does not exist, so dropbox for me (with official os) is not working software.

12-29-13 07:32 AM

- Saving pictures from facebook is possible, I'm still on 10.1 because I don't have patience or time to download a leak, all you do is long press on a picture from the app, and hit save photo?
    It does not work in 10.2
    You can hold the picture as long as you want and nothing happens.. no way to save the pic. Just screen capture and cropping in photo editing software. Crazy.

12-29-13 08:02 AM
    It does not work in 10.2
    You can hold the picture as long as you want and nothing happens.. no way to save the pic. Just screen capture and cropping in photo editing software. Crazy.

Oh wow really? That's awful, hopefully when they have the official 10.2 that will be fixed. I wasn't aware of that because I kept my Q on the original 10.1

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:21 AM
    Great thread, I agree with all of your points. I haven't been impressed with a phone like this in a long time...I have even had all the top of the line phones and I keep coming back to my Q10. I'm down to the Z30, and Q10..but went back my Q10..it just gives me that true BB feel.
    12-29-13 09:51 AM
    I definitely love her. Q10 I am smitten with you.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:10 AM
    To those missing the dedicated "back" and "home" buttons I must ask you:
    1. Are you aware a simple swipe up from any app acts exactly as a "home" key?
    2. Are you also aware that a simple swipe from the left bezel to the right acts exactly as a "back" button?
    I will agree however that I still miss the trackpad after 6 months with my Q10. But hey, I missed the track ball when it switched to the infrared so, in due time I guess.
    12-29-13 11:11 AM
    Oh wow really? That's awful, hopefully when they have the official 10.2 that will be fixed. I wasn't aware of that because I kept my Q on the original 10.1

Posted via CB10
    It's fully official latest 10.2.0.429

12-29-13 01:15 PM
    So glad I made the move back to a blackberry, I work at a cell phone place and I enjoy being the only person able to show the greatness of the blackberry 10 OS
    12-29-13 03:18 PM
    Good list, but I actually miss the Blue LED blink. I think it should be user customized.

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    12-29-13 04:45 PM
    I mainly need the public link what does not exist, so dropbox for me (with official os) is not working software.

There is a "share link" option when I access Dropbox from the file manager. I'm running 10.2
    12-29-13 04:55 PM
    Tomas, there is picture saving in 10.2 on Facebook. You have to click on the photo first...then when the entire picture reappears, long press to save.
    It does not work in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:09 PM
    Good list, but I actually miss the Blue LED blink. I think it should be user customized.

Wow really??? Out of curiosity, why? Lol I think it's so intrusive and distracting

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:32 PM

At least you can replace the battery door for dirt cheap... can't say the same of the iphone once you break it or scratch it
    12-29-13 05:41 PM
    Wow really??? Out of curiosity, why? Lol I think it's so intrusive and distracting

Posted via CB10
    I suppose because I can then tell if I'm connected at a glance. I have a lot of bluetooth devices I connect to. PlayBook, other BlackBerry phones, other tablets, game systems, other smartphones, ear piece, music gateway in 1 car, then another blutooth reviever in the other car, mini bluetooth keyboard for the PlayBook. Probably others too. Just nice to see that when I go to an area that I am or am not connected.

For instance, when I get in the car I can glance at the 9930 and see that it's connected to the gateway by just looking at the LED.

By the way, I TOTALLY understand why someone would hate seeing that little blue LED blinking all the time, but for me, I liked it.

12-29-13 05:51 PM
50 12