Hello Everyone!

I've been looking at the Q10 for quite some time. I have a Galaxy Note and it's just too big, I hate the virtual keyboard more than I thought I would... after all I switched from iPhone to this thing for more real estate to better be able to write on it.

I see a lot of carriers in the US no longer having the Q10 in store and it worries me that I'd go and get a phone and the company that makes it is doing so poorly that there will be no support for the device a few years down the road. Carrier support for hardware is a joke in general so I will not rely on that.

I'll use the phone mainly for text, calls and some social media. I'll save the Note for pure media content. So I think from that perspective it's solid choice.

Am I the only one worried about the future of Blackberry? Should I just take the leap of faith and get one?
    01-02-14 06:57 PM
    Get one. Blackberry is not going down in flames. The software and hardware support will be there for a while to come.

The physical keyboard is second to none and is perfect for sending texts, emails and social media updates. The screen may be small, but the battery life and keyboard make up for it by leaps and bounds.
    01-02-14 07:11 PM
    Q10. Get it my friend
    01-02-14 07:22 PM
    You get all the support you need right here in Crackberry!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:31 PM
    Don't hesitate... Q10 is a great phone. Qwerty keyboard is awesome and battery life gets me through a whole day of heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-02-14 07:37 PM
    The q10 is a "perfected" shape & size communication device. I've tried numerous times to place my BB on the shelf and use an android, and can't last long doing that. Even the Bold 9900 at over 2 1/2 years old can easily hold is own for quite some time. A BB device is capable of lasting 5+ years.
    01-02-14 07:41 PM
    Get it... Is a real man's phone, not a toy!. You will love it
    01-02-14 07:41 PM
    Definitely get a Q10 and be rest assured. BlackBerry is not going to disappoint you.

Q10 \m/
    01-02-14 08:35 PM
    Get it!! Had Z10, switched to a Q10, no regrets!!

Posted via CB10
    Ankish khatri likes this.
    01-02-14 08:45 PM
    I JUST got home from the store with my new Q10 to replace my old Curve...and after months of waiting (and NOT buying an iPhone)

It's going back to the store tomorrow because the geniuses at Blackberry - in a year of colossal mistakes - have failed to make its new software compatible with any Mac OS prior to 10.7 Lion!! Unbelievable!

This, obviously, is an indefensible oversight (I'm running OSX 10.6.8 which should absolutely still be supported) and I guess Blackberry has finally lost another faithful, dedicated customer to Apple due to their own stupidity, yet again.

Anyway, buyer beware - to use a new Blackberry you might need to buy a new computer first, not that you need one!
    01-02-14 08:46 PM
    Really Dude???? You have the nerve to question BlackBerry's existence currently and in the future? Are you on CrackBerry and not reading the ton load (wealth) of information that we give to invites of your likes? We welcome each and everyone with open arms my friend and your family & friends. I first picked up a Blackberry back in the 90s at an employer, I owned/purchased my first device in 2006. I have been using BB devices since and currently have a Z10. Don't think for a second I am showing my age for I am still enjoying the senior years of my youth. It's simple...when you pick up a BlackBerry device, no other can compare. You are now one of the elite.
    01-02-14 08:51 PM
    I JUST got home from the store with my new Q10 to replace my old Curve...and after months of waiting (and NOT buying an iPhone)

It's going back to the store tomorrow because the geniuses at Blackberry - in a year of colossal mistakes - have failed to make its new software compatible with any Mac OS prior to 10.7 Lion!! Unbelievable!

This, obviously, is an indefensible oversight (I'm running OSX 10.6.8 which should absolutely still be supported) and I guess Blackberry has finally lost another faithful, dedicated customer to Apple due to their own stupidity, yet again.

Anyway, buyer beware - to use a new Blackberry you might need to buy a new computer first, not that you need one!
    Orrrr... you could update to Maverick for free and get on with your day.
    01-02-14 09:18 PM

Hi what exactly is the issue you are having with 10.6 compatibility. I have a iBook G4 that had 10.6.8 that worked with both my Q10's. I update the software to 10.7.5.

Both my Q10's also work on my macbook pro running 10.7 and the families iMac.
    I can't even send files/data/pictures from my mac via bluetooth to my iphone5, but I can with both my Q's and 9900.

Is the issue being desktop software/manager not being compatible with BB10? Or something else.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-02-14 09:24 PM
    Get it! It's a nice phone.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    01-02-14 09:30 PM
    Get one, love mine. Plus BlackBerry will be around for the duration of your contract anyway. Especially if you BUY one.

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1803
    01-02-14 09:32 PM
    It's supported now...you will probably have another phone is a few years anyways

Posted via CB10 via Q10
    01-02-14 09:44 PM
    This talk about BlackBerry dying has been around for at least 2 years. Every quarter, the financial pundits predict the company's death "any day now" and yet it stands, putting out new phones and software upgrades every few months. When BB launched the Z10 in March 2013, the US media was all abuzz with how "BB10 is not enough to save the company" and why "there is no reason for anyone to switch from iOS and Android". Guess what? I went out and I bought it anyway. Now it's been over 9 months since I have had it, and it has worked like a charm for all my needs every single day. Just because the company is in a process of transformation does not mean it's going away. I know the company is going to be around for not just the duration of my Z10's 2-year contract but a lot lot longer.

If you want a phone that does what it is supposed to do (i.e. help you communicate most efficiently), BB10 is the way to go. If you have shortlisted the Q10 for yourself, just take that leap of faith and buy it. You won't regret it.
    Nature Slice likes this.
    01-02-14 09:47 PM
    All the praise aside it is not without some issues that can be annoying. Just know if you get it that there is imperfections that will hopefully be addressed. I have a love hate with this phone. I am putting up with some small issues because I choose to use it and learn to make it work for me which it does quite well. Issues I have mostly have to do with contacts but I have managed with some apps and a decision to state away from BlackBerry link.

I hope you get it and enjoy. Lots of help around here for sure. Great group of users.

Reg leaked 10.2.1.1925. Q10
    decoy7 likes this.
    01-02-14 10:23 PM
    I had 72XX, 87XX, 88XX, Curve, Bold, Torch. Now have Q10, all very happy with them.
    My 7230 still works, so as the others.
    Fairly robust machines, and I am confident my Q10 will last another 5-7 years.
    Good that generic data plan is now working with my Q10, that means I will have this machine running long after RIM's death, if it were to happen at all.
    So, go get one without the worry.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:27 PM
    I love my Q10! Think it's the best device Blackberry have made get it!

Pounded on the best BB10 device - Q10
    01-02-14 11:08 PM
    Q10 my friend.. no second thoughts.. I regret the decision of buying Z10.. lol (though I still love my Z10, but Q10 takes my heart)
    Refayah and wordworkr58 like this.
    01-02-14 11:22 PM
    Q10 my friend.. no second thoughts.. I regret the decision of buying Z10.. lol (though I still love my Z10, but Q10 takes my heart)
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:31 PM
    I must admit, as much as I love my Z30 (best smartphone I've ever owned) part of me will always wonder if I would have been happier with a Q10. I would miss the large screen, but my PlayBook would mostly make up for that, I think. And dat physical keyboard!
    01-02-14 11:36 PM
    Take the leap and buy one
    01-02-14 11:38 PM
    Don't worry, be happy...get a Q10!

CB10 VZW Q10 SQN100-2/Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 11:44 PM
93 123 ...