I have the same random reboot issue and it is really annoying. Business card trick doesn't work and as far as I have figured out it isn't an app problem either. BT is off as well by the way.

I've been getting this since I own the phone, which was right at the release and right now I'm on 10.2.1.2141, always at the official release.

So I'd really say it is a hardware problem and I've been thinking of getting a legacy device, or even another Q10, to bridge the time until the Q20 is released.

The problem is that this issue makes the device so unreliable and this is exactly what you don't want with a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 05:53 AM
    i opened a thread with the similar problem. The solution for me was mentioned here. I put a piece of paper not between the phone and the battery, but between the battery and the phone itself. At first i thought it was because of android applications, and then i thought it was because of overheating, but the battery thing has worked for me so far
    05-03-14 01:36 PM
    I find you can trigger that bumping type of restart with a whack to the back of the phone. That is, hold the phone normally then hit it on the back at the top. But not every time.

I haven't got around to this, but there are two ways I know to make something just a hair thicker. One is to get superglue and apply a dab. For the BlackBerry battery, obviously do this on the side away from the contacts. And no, don't glue the battery to the phone! The idea is to let the superglue harden. It should be dry to the touch. This will make the battery just a bit thicker.

The second method would be to use the plastic goop hardware stores sell for making tools "grippy." that stuff is rubbery, but it wears too.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 05:26 PM
28 12