Hey,

So as in the title, I'm having random restarts with the phone. It's not a loose battery as I can just throw the phone wherever I want and it won't restart and I also put a piece of paper under the battery cover to tighten it. It happened with every OS version and it's totally random. It happens only when I put it on a table. Like the slightest touch would trigger it. Any ideas?
    04-04-14 02:44 AM
    When you say it happens when you put it on a table, makes me think it IS the battery.
    Sometimes different apps make phones restart. Why don't you remove all your Android apps and test it. Add them back one at a time and see which one might be causing the problem (if any)?
    04-04-14 07:05 AM
    When you say it happens when you put it on a table, makes me think it IS the battery.
    Sometimes different apps make phones restart. Why don't you remove all your Android apps and test it. Add them back one at a time and see which one might be causing the problem (if any)?
    well if its the battery im not sure what to do, it seems tight to me and with the stuff put under the battery cover its super tight. the only android app i have is viber, didnt seem to make a difference though when i removed it
    04-04-14 08:43 AM
    What a coincidence! My phone just came up after an unexpected restart. It apparently rebooted itself while I was reading a posting with CB10 (BB version). These incidences are so rare that I do not recall when my phone last rebooted itself. I think I was in CB10 those previous times, too.
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947
    04-04-14 09:01 AM
    Same thing happening to me except there's no trigger (that I've found).. I'll just be laying in bed or at work and boom it restarts. Not sure how or why, thought maybe it was just the leak OS but it's not because I even downgraded and it continued to happen.
    04-04-14 09:15 AM
    I'll just be laying in bed or at work and boom it restarts.
    It is possible, but not likely, that my phone reboots itself while I am not actively using it. Settings->About->Hardware shows last boot time. I have observed only expected boot times there.
    04-04-14 09:48 AM
    I have basically the same problem since the very beginning of the purchase. However, about 2 months ago I can't take the rebooting problem anymore so I decided to delete some of those apps that might trigger the problem and it hadn't rebooted randomly for about 2 weeks and then it started rebooting itself again. After about 3 days, it got back to usual. However, yesterday it started restarting for no reason again. I found the rebooting usually comes for no reason and it remains for couple days and it could be really serious like reboots 20 times a day. Can anyone help me with this problem?
    04-07-14 07:45 PM
    I'm on rogers 10.2.1 and have the rebooting issue once in a while, sometimes it's in my pocket, sometimes it's when I out my phone down, sometimes when it's doing nothing. Don't think it will ever get solved, although it's less frequent than when I first got it. Wonder I'd it's a hardware or software problem, could it be android player?
    04-08-14 07:59 AM
    I have had a lot of grief with my Q10 with regards to restarting. I tried placing a business card between the battery and the battery door, which helped, however the phone would still reset from time to time when it was placed on a surface. I then tried placing the paper between the battery and the actual phone, and I have not had a reset in months.

It's jerry rigged, but it works.
    04-09-14 05:53 PM
    I got a restart today as well. Same problem. Sitting on a table and boom restart. It's definitely not the battery. I wonder what it is though. I'm running stock Verizon os too. Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:13 PM
    Yup, it's a VZW built issue. I didn't experience it on Tmobile built Q10. I pushed VZW to the wall until they sent me a Z30. But it was refurbished without a cover, until I found a cover they credited my bill.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:15 PM
    Interesting topic because just today my Q10 did 2 restarts and my device was simply sitting on my desk. I happened to look in that direction and I noticed it was restarting. A little while later it did it again. Very odd as I've not experienced this before other than when I have initiated a restart.

EDIT: I have been having a very strong discussion the past 2 days with AT&T about OS 10.2 not being released. Maybe AT&T is messing with me...hahaha

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    04-09-14 08:18 PM
    Interesting topic because just today my Q10 did 2 restarts and my device was simply sitting on my desk. I happened to look in that direction and I noticed it was restarting. A little while later it did it again. Very odd as I've not experienced this before other than when I have initiated a restart.

EDIT: I have been having a very strong discussion the past 2 days with AT&T about OS 10.2 not being released. Maybe AT&T is messing with me...hahaha

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 09:40 PM
    This is an interesting issue we're all experiencing with our BlackBerry Q10! I have been experiencing the same issue and even went to T-Mobile (my carrier) and asked about it. Unfortunately they were unable to help me. In fact, T-Mobile no longer carry the Q10.

My next thought was coming on here to see if people have been experiencing the same issue and maybe they is a solution to it. Alas, it seems while the issue is common, there still is no solution to it! This is rather discouraging. I first noticed the issue while driving I had my phone in the cup holder. At one point I noticed out the corner of my eye a blue light had come on. At a closer glance I noticed the rebooting process had begun.
    04-09-14 09:58 PM
    I just got my bluetooth headset back and now I'm getting reboots. Anyone else see a correlation between BT and reboots.

I'm going to do the dreaded wipe and reinstall this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 11:15 PM
    My z10 reboots without any dependency on bt
    04-11-14 01:19 PM
    I have noticed more and more restarts lately. Today I have seen 3 restarts. I'm gonna try the business card trick today and see if that works.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 05:54 PM
    My Q10 would restart quite a bit, but then I found that if you take a piece of paper and stick it between the battery and the battery door, it'll keep the battery from losing contact and the phone restarting.

This is a good solution if you find that your phone restarts when you put it down. But try it regardless. Hope it helps!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 06:20 PM
    It's happened to me about once a week since upgrading to 10.2.1 and it never happened before that, ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:50 AM
    We will see if the business card trick works. I put a business card in the battery slot last night so we will see. Although the battery seemed tight in the holder. Only time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:16 PM
    My Z10 has only had a few in over a year. Seems to only be when I am outside in the heat. And once when dropped on a hard floor.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    04-26-14 01:24 PM
    Here's a new one on me. Yesterday I had my Q10 on the charging cable and when I disconnected it, poof! Restart! That has never happened before to me with ANY BlackBerry I've ever owned.
    04-29-14 11:33 AM
    As I mentioned, I only get restarts with BT enabled. But today I think I figured out why. The Z10 seems to be scanning BT even when it already is paired. Something about the scanning process triggers the restart if it sees a lot of BT devices.

How did I figure this out? Well it never resets at home, and I only have one bluetooth device on usually. But it went whacky one time in Costco. Now the phone was in my pocket, so all I knew was the BT headset would alert me that it was disconnected.

Today I was able to catch the phone disconnecting from my BT. I was in a restaurant and it found four other BT devices at it disconnected from me.

Now today I was also at Costco. They have a lot of BT devices. Turns out new TVs have BT. It didn't crash or disconnect, but it saw about six devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 01:52 AM
    I tend to think it is because of size of battery. Order a new battery and hopefully it will go away.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 02:06 AM
    I tend to think it is because of size of battery. Order a new battery and hopefully it will go away.

Posted via CB10
    Me? I have three batteries.

The problem in my case is bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 04:26 AM
28 12