I just bought a new Q10 and I have two questions. One, my computer won't recognize the device at all through Blackberry Link. I just downloaded the latest software from the website.

Two, I can't update past 10.1 -- is this because the phone is locked to AT&T? I'm unlocking it with a code tonight so maybe the OTA update will display then?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by authorandrew; 12-10-16 at 06:03 PM.
    12-10-16 05:39 PM
    Are you trying to run BlackBerry Link on Windows 10 or something else? And, just because you unlock it does not make it a factory unlocked device. It's still bound to AT&T for OS updates. You're honestly just better off using one of the latest 10.3.3 autoloaders since it's a fresh device for you. That might actually help with your Link problem as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1093246/
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    12-10-16 05:44 PM
    thanks for the info on autoloaders, but my PC (yes, Windows 10) is not recognizing the Q10 at all, though the Q10 does say that it's charging while plugged into the computer. Is there more I need to do in that regard?

Reading that guide, it sounds like the autoloader needs to access the device and windows isn't recognizing it at all right now.

I am downloading the autoloader now (2 hours remaining) and I will try it when it's done, but I feel like the computer needs to be able to see the blackberry before that even becomes an option.
    12-10-16 06:03 PM
    So I tried an autoloader and it never recognized my blackberry, just stayed at the first line of the program forever. AFAIK Windows is not recognizing my Q10 at all, though I've installed the latest version of Blackberry link. The device doesn't show up in LINK or even as a drive in Windows proper. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, the thing is brand new out the box.
    12-11-16 08:15 PM
    Sounds like the windows drivers are not being installed correctly for your pc. I would check in control panel for them and reinstall/install if necessary.

I would love to help further but as I haven't used a win pc since 99' (yes THAT long) I can't help much with identifying them.

ѕєηт �яσм му вяαιη νια νυℓαη мιη∂мєℓ∂
    12-12-16 12:35 AM
    I am not yet running 10.3.3 because Rogers always likes to be last, so my problem cannot be associated with OS. What has happened is that since a recent Windows 10 update, my laptop does not recognise my device. I can use Blend but cannot sync anything between device and laptop.
    12-21-16 10:50 PM
    I am not yet running 10.3.3 because Rogers always likes to be last, so my problem cannot be associated with OS. What has happened is that since a recent Windows 10 update, my laptop does not recognise my device. I can use Blend but cannot sync anything between device and laptop.
    12-21-16 10:57 PM