I, currently, own a 9930 and use it daily in conjunction with my playbook. Outside of calls, the biggest feature I use is the "remote" part of the bridge and docstogo. My job requires me to make many reports on Word and Excel. As a result I use my phone as the remote keyboard. One of the nicest features of the Bridge Remote is that when in remote mode on my phone I can press the blackberry key and I get a list of shortcuts; Ctrl/c for copy, Ctrl/a for highlight all, the function keys, tab, page up and down, etc. These are the same shortcuts most of us are familiar with when using Microsoft Word. What I need to know is, will the Q10 have this function, and if not will it have something similar. This function alone is worth have the playbook. I still have Ipad co-workers amazed that my tablet and phone can do this. If Blackberry had better marketing it would have sold better, but I digress. If the Q10 doesn't have this function its of no use to me. Please tell me it still exist.
    05-08-13 04:25 PM
    I, currently, own a 9930 and use it daily in conjunction with my playbook. Outside of calls, the biggest feature I use is the "remote" part of the bridge and docstogo. My job requires me to make many reports on Word and Excel. As a result I use my phone as the remote keyboard. One of the nicest features of the Bridge Remote is that when in remote mode on my phone I can press the blackberry key and I get a list of shortcuts; Ctrl/c for copy, Ctrl/a for highlight all, the function keys, tab, page up and down, etc. These are the same shortcuts most of us are familiar with when using Microsoft Word. What I need to know is, will the Q10 have this function, and if not will it have something similar. This function alone is worth have the playbook. I still have Ipad co-workers amazed that my tablet and phone can do this. If Blackberry had better marketing it would have sold better, but I digress. If the Q10 doesn't have this function its of no use to me. Please tell me it still exist.
    It still works with my PB and Z10 running Bridge and 10.1. I would say it's safe to assume it still works with the Q10. Love how it works with my Z10's keyboard suggestions as well.
    05-08-13 04:55 PM
    Yes

Posted via CBQ10
    05-08-13 05:03 PM
    Thank you for your quick reply. I tried a friends Z10 on the bridge and we couldn't figure out how to get the copy/paste shortcuts or the copy all. If you know, or know of a list could you please help. My friend is not interested in how to do this. By the way, he is new to Blackberry having made the switch and picked up a playbook because of what mine could do. He wants the same shortcuts for his Z10
    05-09-13 09:58 AM
    Using my buddy's Z10 and playbook, we figured it out. While in "keyboard" mode in remote you swipe from right to left and you are given all the short cuts. Its so easy that I'm thinking of going for the Z10 instead of the Q10
    05-10-13 12:26 PM
    .... I still have Ipad co-workers amazed that my tablet and phone can do this. If Blackberry had better marketing it would have sold better, but I digress....
    Not just BlackBerry marketing, but also if reviewers would spend a little more time with the device they would see all that it can do.
    I also have the PlayBook/9900 combo and love it. I'll be switching to the Q10 soon, glad to hear the bridge functions are all still there.
    05-10-13 12:41 PM
    Not just BlackBerry marketing, but also if reviewers would spend a little more time with the device they would see all that it can do.
    I also have the PlayBook/9900 combo and love it. I'll be switching to the Q10 soon, glad to hear the bridge functions are all still there.
    Not all still there, just some are there.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 01:20 PM
    I'm unsure if there's a quick way to get to the shortcuts via bridge on the Q10, but the docs to go experience on the Q10 is excellent. Better than the 9900 and better than what I remember of the Playbook. But I'm not sure if it suits your needs here.

Posted on my Q10
    05-10-13 01:47 PM
    bridge on the q10 is a train wreck in my opinion. We have lost the best part of bridge, which for me was the ability to access s the facilities of the phone on the playbook e.g. text messaging,BBM, your email and notes on the phone etc. Now effectively all we get is access to the file system on the phone and its internet connection. The internet connection part is best not used, as it seems to have DNS problems - I end up having to use the wifi hotspot instead. As for using it as a remote, the functionality is now in the bridge app itself, and is horrible. Previously the trackpad worked as the mouse, and the screen gave you gestures, and the keyboard worked. now you have to select on the q10 screen whether you want to be in keyboard mode or mouse mode, and because we have no trackpad we have to use the screen - this inevitably ends up with the gesture to close off the app being triggered inadvertently.

if you are looking for advise regarding a purchase, I would say the current state of bridge is hopeless, and you are better off with something like a bold and playbook bridged - a q10 and a playbook is a lesser combination.

Opinions may vary, but mine is based on my experience to date with the q10, compared to my previous Bold 9900 phone so I think it is just as valid as anyones - to put it more succinctly -

BBRY - FIX. THE. BRIDGE.
    05-10-13 03:06 PM
    I have had a 9900 and just switched to the Q10 and after bridging, all I see is a readme file and I am only able to bridge the bluetooth connection. I am not able to send texts or emails from my playbook that worked with the 9900 flawlessly. I really dont like the fact Blackberry came out with the new 10 phones without it being able to work with the playbook as before. Alot of people are pissed including me
    ViperXF likes this.
    05-12-13 03:12 PM
    Remote works great with Q10 and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 05:29 PM
    I am also pissed. If I can't use my Playbook as before, I will turn my Q10 back in. I'm not going backwards.
    09-10-13 03:10 PM