Hi all,

I am a new user of Q10, I am glad to join this forum to be one member of this community.

Just bought one Q10 / SNQ100-5, with LTE band 700/850/1700/1900, I was wondering is there any way to open the baseband to enjoy the SNQ-3 LTE band 800/900/1800/2600, as SNQ-5/-3 are same with all hardwares. For example, flashing radio?

Thanks for helping.

Best Regards,
    Peter Schneider

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    06-30-14 06:09 PM
    No, there isn't any way to change which bands are available on a device. If you want the SQN100-3 bands you'd have to get a SQN100-3.
    06-30-14 06:12 PM
    No, there isn't any way to change which bands are available on a device. If you want the SQN100-3 bands you'd have to get a SQN100-3.
    Thanks for answering.

Is there any way to buy one SQN-3 on North America market? As far as I know, only unlocked SQN-5 is available for this area.

SQN-1 is for Bell / AT&T
    SQN-2 is for Verizon
    SQN-4 is for Sprint
    SQN-5 is for T-mobile or other unlocked carrier.

Thanks,
    Peter

06-30-14 06:29 PM
    Thanks for answering.

Is there any way to buy one SQN-3 on North America market? As far as I know, only unlocked SQN-5 is available for this area.

SQN-1 is for Bell / AT&T
    SQN-2 is for Verizon
    SQN-4 is for Sprint
    SQN-5 is for T-mobile or other unlocked carrier.

Thanks,
    Peter

Rogers sells the SQN100-3, since they have it in some markets for their LTE Max service (major Canadian cities minus AB/SK).
    06-30-14 06:35 PM
    Thanks for quick reply.

It seems that it is unavailable to buy it in US...

06-30-14 07:25 PM
    I've just ordered a Q10 off ebay that's listed as an AT&T demo unit with T-Mobile internals. I'm hoping it ends up being an SQN100-5 as one would expect from a T-Mobile Q10, but I'm worried it'll turn out to be a -2 or -3.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 05:12 PM
    I've just ordered a Q10 off ebay that's listed as an AT&T demo unit with T-Mobile internals. I'm hoping it ends up being an SQN100-5 as one would expect from a T-Mobile Q10, but I'm worried it'll turn out to be a -2 or -3.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, why not order on Amazon? -5 is the unlock North America model, which is ok with T mobile network. Not sure if -5 is ok with AT&T network.

By the way, anybody knows if Q10 is support by VoLTE (Voice on LTE) technology?

Thanks,
    Peter

07-01-14 08:21 PM
    Oh, why not order on Amazon? -5 is the unlock North America model, which is ok with T mobile network. Not sure if -5 is ok with AT&T network.

Thanks,
    Peter

Is that like calling over wifi? I think that is dependant on the carrier. I know there have been issues with T-Mobile and this, I recall reading.
    07-02-14 08:22 AM
    Is that like calling over wifi? I think that is dependant on the carrier. I know there have been issues with T-Mobile and this, I recall reading.
    Let's wait and see how the VoLTE goes.

Cheers

07-02-14 09:18 AM
    Heh, the Q10 I ordered came in, and it's an SQN100-1. If it was a 100-3 I'd have asked if you wanted to trade, but this thing doesn't run on the 2600mhz LTE band either.

Seems the bands on this phone are identical to the SQN100-1 minus the 1700mhz AWS 3G band. This is probably going to be rough to trade...
    07-03-14 04:07 PM
    I got a SQN100-3, regularly bought from Amazon in Germany.. don't know if they ship to the states though.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 04:15 PM
    My last Q10 was a 100-3 that I got on ebay. They're fairly common in Canada.

"I only hope that by my example, others themselves may be spared doing foolish things..."
    07-03-14 05:53 PM

Thanks,
    Peter

Yes it does. As a matter of fact, I recall reading that the SoC used, the MSM8960 is the first one to support VoLTE.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:04 PM
    Heh, the Q10 I ordered came in, and it's an SQN100-1. If it was a 100-3 I'd have asked if you wanted to trade, but this thing doesn't run on the 2600mhz LTE band either.

Seems the bands on this phone are identical to the SQN100-1 minus the 1700mhz AWS 3G band. This is probably going to be rough to trade...
    Thanks for your idea. However I have transported my -5 to China. Sending the cellphone out of China is troublesome, and asks for expensive express cost. So I'd keep it as I can enjoy HSPA+ @42M speed network, which is more perfect for me (enough at speed and not drain battery out as LTE), since here in China, LTE 1800M just released last month and need a long time to get stable & fast network. In all, HSPA+ is enough for me to use right now.

And wait to see one Chinese carrier to run VoLTE 850M in the next years, as it runs CDMA/CDMA2000 right now, and even has got LTE1800M at present, phone call still returns to csfb on CDMA, which is not available on -3. Moreover -2/-4 Verizon or Sprint version are not available as their LTE bands are different what Chinese CDMA Carrier has, even two versions support CDMA / CDMA2000.

As far as I know, -1 supports HSPA+ @42M speed network. Check with your SIM carrier to get it done and enjoy the speed. Good luck.

07-04-14 12:33 AM
    Yes it does. As a matter of fact, I recall reading that the SoC used, the MSM8960 is the first one to support VoLTE.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for confirming the details, can't wait to see VoLET @ 850M, as the Chinese CDMA carrier has the frequency 825-840M / 870-885M on CDMA, which would be used on LTE.

By the way, does the phone need the software upgrade to use the VoLTE? Or it's just as long as carrier runs VoLTE, it can use without any upgrade? Thanks for advising.

07-04-14 12:38 AM
    Thanks for confirming the details, can't wait to see VoLET @ 850M, as the Chinese CDMA carrier has the frequency 825-840M / 870-885M on CDMA, which would be used on LTE.

By the way, does the phone need the software upgrade to use the VoLTE? Or it's just as long as carrier runs VoLTE, it can use without any upgrade? Thanks for advising.

To be honest I'm not so sure about the software. I'd assume its capable as VoLTE is being tested now. Yes as long as the carrier supports it and your device has the correct LTE bands for said carrier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-04-14 03:02 AM
    To be honest I'm not so sure about the software. I'd assume its capable as VoLTE is being tested now. Yes as long as the carrier supports it and your device has the correct LTE bands for said carrier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for reply.
    I will wait to see.

Cheers,

07-04-14 05:36 AM