Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Q10 or Z30

I had a Z10 on Verizon with the 10.2.1 update. I liked the Z10 I had an upgrade and got the q10. I love it so far and I have a week to decide if I want to keep it or get the Z30. I am a graduate college student and am always working on assignments or papers on the go along with emails, it's why I have a blackberry. I just wanted to know people's opinions and experiences with the two phones. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

I had the Q10 but ended up with the Z10 for the screen real estate; I do miss the keyboard, however.
    Anyways... apps on my Z10 work lightyears better than the Q10 (esp the Android ports) but the Q10's typing experience was second to none.
    It basically comes down to what you really want in your phone.
    Typed happily on my Q10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

The Z30 is phenomenal but both phones have great battery life and there's no substitute for the real keys on a BlackBerry! Tough choice you must make! Good luck if your like me you'll somehow end up rocking two phones soon enough

Crushed on my Q5 or flicked on my Z30!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by dredewten85 View Post
    I had a Z10 on Verizon with the 10.2.1 update. I liked the Z10 I had an upgrade and got the q10. I love it so far and I have a week to decide if I want to keep it or get the Z30. I am a graduate college student and am always working on assignments or papers on the go along with emails, it's why I have a blackberry. I just wanted to know people's opinions and experiences with the two phones. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    I was on the fence and went with the Q10. Mainly because it was cheaper, has a removable battery, and the keyboard. I love it so far. There is nothing that beats the keyboard for when the going gets rough

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

The funny thing is that the Z30 is cheaper on Verizon. I thought it was weird.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by officially_juju View Post
    I had the Q10 but ended up with the Z10 for the screen real estate; I do miss the keyboard, however.
    Anyways... apps on my Z10 work lightyears better than the Q10 (esp the Android ports) but the Q10's typing experience was second to none.
    It basically comes down to what you really want in your phone.
    I just mainly used snapchat, words with friends, and stuff like that when I had my Z10. I've seen videos of those on the q10 and they looked Ok.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

I just mainly used snapchat, words with friends, and stuff like that when I had my Z10. I've seen videos of those on the q10 and they looked Ok.

Posted via CB10
    I will tell you that a lot of those apps are painstaking on a Q10. Not to say they are not usable, just can get very frustrating given the small screen. So many ported apps were missing content, not able to function, etc... but work flawlessly on my Z10.
    Typed happily on my Q10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

I will tell you that a lot of those apps are painstaking on a Q10. Not to say they are not usable, just can get very frustrating given the small screen. So many ported apps were missing content, not able to function, etc... but work flawlessly on my Z10.
    I use words with friends on Q10 ever since the Q10 came out. The ported app is horribly slow, but I still use it daily. I am hoping with 10.2 update the new way of getting apps will give me a better experience with Words. Screen size doesnt bother me at all as you can zoom in etc.

Q10
    CrackBerry Addict

If you're working on assignments and papers all the time, I say go with the Q10 for the physical keyboard. You'll also get some nifty features like keypress speed dial that aren't available on the Z.

Admittedly, the screen size is a little bit of a trade off, but hopefully those Q30 rumours are true...
    Twitter.com/K9Carly
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

I say Z30. All college students use their phones for multimedia and web surfing and you will be happy with the large screen on the Z30. Keyboard is great, maybe not as fast as the Q10 but you will get used to it. At the end of the day you may be a few seconds faster on the Q10 but its not worth the screen real estate you will get with the Z30.
    Regards,
    Patrick Pierobon

BlackBerry Curve 9320 // Blackberry Torch 9800 // Blackberry Q5 // Apple iPhone 4S // BlackBerry Passport
    CrackBerry Newbie

Z30 all the way

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts

Omg this...I'm finding that the Android apps I'm using on my Q10 are pretty frustrating.

However, if you need the keyboard to work on papers and such, you can't go wrong with the Q10.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    "They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, 'No. No. No.'"
    R.I.P to my namesake, Amy Winehouse.

Mom: "Do you feel some kind of way reading BlackBerry forums on your iPad?"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Z30 for the screen size. You will enjoy it when consuming online media.
    Regards,
    Patrick Pierobon

BlackBerry Curve 9320 // Blackberry Torch 9800 // Blackberry Q5 // Apple iPhone 4S // BlackBerry Passport
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,046 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

Quote Originally Posted by Amy wineBerry View Post
    Omg this...I'm finding that the Android apps I'm using on my Q10 are pretty frustrating.

However, if you need the keyboard to work on papers and such, you can't go wrong with the Q10.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Any Android apps in particular? I run a fair number of them and yes on the Q10 there is more scrolling going on but for a device with a physical keyboard the support seems quite good. The Z10 is closer to the average size of android smartphones so when I'm running an app on there it looks more "natural"

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10- The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry Smartphone
    CrackBerry User

Q10 for the everyday madness and Z30 for when on vacations

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you do a lot of reading of research and such I'd say the z30 is the better bet. I just finished my masters degree when I got my z30 so didn't get to use it for that. That being said I would have liked the extra screen size for school. Honestly though, I prefer a tablet or laptops for real graduate work. I don't find your always on the move and often the functions of a good ol computer are quite helpful. This with a q10 would also be a great combo

Posted via my Z30
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts

Posted via CB10
    If you like the typing experience on the Z10, then the Z30 is even better because the phone is bigger. The Zed phones converted me from my keyboard/qwerty Bold. I don't want to go back. The auto correct is so good. Sometimes I'm amazed how it can correctly figure out what I am typing.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

I would keep the Z10. I went with the Q10 and my wife got the Z. I will be getting the Z when we switch carries.
    Like everyone says, the keyboard is awesome on the Q, but the screen on the Z is perfect. Also, I prefer the battery cover on the Z over the Q.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Q10 keyboard > anything.. short & simple.

Posted via SQN100-3 10.2.429
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun Sahota View Post
    Q10 keyboard > anything.. short & simple.

Posted via SQN100-3 10.2.429
    My adjustment:

Q10 >>>>>> ALL BB devices

Apple/Android >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL BB10 devices except Q10
    My BBM Channel about cars - C002A1D03