Hi all, first post here. I love my Q10 and have 2 of them. I launched the first one and broke the screen. Bought another and wanted to resurrect the old one to have a spare. I bought all new parts off Ebay(screen, keyboard, housing, etc. Basically everything but the camera and motherboard) and just finished reassembly. Problem, the screen is not showing anything. Phone is on, the "touch" on the screen is working and the keyboard lights up when you touch it so phone is powering on. I checked and rechecked connections and they are all good. If anyone has any options on what I can work on to make the screen work, I would really appreciate it. I have some family pics on there and would like to download them, at the very least. If I could get it all the way working, it's even better as I love this phone. Thanks all for any input!
    05-25-15 09:58 PM
    If it still turns on then you should be able to download your pics to your PC.

Same thing happened to me after i dropped my phone. Usually it is a ribbon connector problem

Irishman in Indonesia
    05-25-15 11:22 PM
    This worries me because I just got a brand new housing andd screen... would love to know the solution to this issue in case I have it down the road!

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    05-25-15 11:28 PM
    If you look through my posts, I had a similar issue.

I'd bet that you broke the connector for the screen ribbon cable on the motherboard itself.... which is pretty much impossible to fix.

The cheapest solution is to find a broken q10 that still turns on but has a non motherboard issue, you can't buy a Q10 motherboard to replace yours, you'll need to find a full phone.

Posted via CB10
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    05-26-15 12:12 PM