So my q10 was just turned off in my pocket today. I had it charged fully before I left for work and there's no reason it should be dead. I went to turn it on and it blinks a red light quickly and doesn't do anything. I pulled the battery and tried again and nothing. I plugged it in and tried again and the red light comes on for longer but eventually turns off. Strange the screen never came on but the keyboard turned on its backlight but went off after a few seconds.

I have not damaged the phone in anyway, I didn't even slightly bump into anything today and it hasn't seen any water. Anybody know what's going on? I need my phone back I can't afford to have it off any longer.
    06-11-13 04:45 PM
    Remove and reinsert battery just to make sure properly seated, try turning on, if it fails, call whom you purchased it from for possible replacement.
    06-11-13 05:21 PM
    Tried battery pulling several times. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to break. If I have to go back to the store that's taking a day off work, I'm hoping to avoid that.
    06-11-13 05:25 PM
    I guess I have to send it in to get repaired which is awful. Have to use a loaner phone I have to pay for monthly and it's an older bold. Pretty disappointed, It won't even let me reload the OS, just some glitch that apparently can brick a phone. Arg blackberry 10.
    06-11-13 07:09 PM
    That sucks

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:51 PM
    I know you've already tried reloading the OS, but try it again except this time, remove the battery. Run the autoloader and wait for it to show the first "connecting" step. Plug the phone into the USB cord and wait for it to start booting. If all goes well, the autoloader will now be able to write to the phone.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-11-13 07:57 PM
    It's strange because the phone appears to be on, the keyboards on, led flashes like I got a message. The screens dark, so I'm beginning to think the screen blacked out for no reason. Probably a hardware issue. An extremely disastrous one. However it also says I haven't done the initial phone set up when I try to reload the OS and won't let me go any further. Who knows, just a busted phone for no reason.
    06-12-13 09:44 AM
    Are you reloading the OS through Link or an autoloader? Try the steps I suggested using an autoloader from the leaks forum.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-12-13 10:42 AM
    mine did the same thing tonight any ideas ??
    06-17-13 12:20 AM
    Tried battery pulling several times. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to break. If I have to go back to the store that's taking a day off work, I'm hoping to avoid that.
    Do this for longer than 5mins?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:55 AM
    This is not good. I had four 9900 units dies with no reason.
    06-17-13 04:12 AM
    It's strange because the phone appears to be on, the keyboards on, led flashes like I got a message. The screens dark, so I'm beginning to think the screen blacked out for no reason. Probably a hardware issue. An extremely disastrous one. However it also says I haven't done the initial phone set up when I try to reload the OS and won't let me go any further. Who knows, just a busted phone for no reason.
    mine did the same thing tonight any ideas ??
    Do your phones connect to Blackberry Link via USB? If so, take a Full Backup via BB Link.

Then, as suggested, reload the OS using an Autoloader. This is how:

1. Get the 10.1.0.4285 autoloader from here.
    2. Connect the phone via USB, close Blackberry Link and run the exe file that you've downloaded.

Let us know if this works. If you are unable to take a backup, I'm afraid you might lose all your data once you run the autoloader.
    Last edited by maneck35; 06-17-13 at 03:07 PM.
    06-17-13 07:21 AM
    link for autoloader says it is no longer available
    06-17-13 09:15 AM
    link for autoloader says it is no longer available
    Give me some time, am uploading the file myself. Will update link once done.

EDIT: It's a 1.05GB file. My upload speed isn't great (100kbps), so the link will be up in 2 hours 48 minutes

Otherwise, search the forums for Q10 10.1.0.4285 autoloader links. You can start here.

EDIT 2: Link updated.
    Last edited by maneck35; 06-17-13 at 03:06 PM.
    06-17-13 11:10 AM
    Sent it away and have a Z10 as a loaner. Not the end of the world because it's backed up but really annoying. Will find out if I have to pay for the repairs soon.

The phone would turn on and the keyboard lit up if I covered the sensor, but when it was connected to the computer it would constantly connect and disconnect therefore rendering any attempt to reinstall the os impossible.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 04:30 PM
    Any chance it's in sleep mode from being close to a magnet?
    06-17-13 04:39 PM
    i found out I can exchange with bell within first 30 days. today is day 28 so I am going to swap for another q 10 thanks
    06-17-13 11:27 PM
    No, no magnet was close by.. I know this because I walked around frantically holding it in the air. Unless I'm magnetic.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 02:53 PM
    Any chance it's in sleep mode from being close to a magnet?
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry 10 phones are not compatible with magnet holsters so they will not go to sleep.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 02:59 PM
    I had the same issue, sent it for repair, they said it was a water damage (It never went close to water or in water), they said they tried calling me (which I can prove they haven't).. the repair is supposed to cost 210$. I am very upset, I take care of my phones, this is an insult. I feel betrayed. If anybody can direct me to get some assistance (Higher management) thank you in advance!
    08-15-13 05:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry 10 phones are not compatible with magnet holsters so they will not go to sleep.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure they are compatible since the Q10 has holster settings baked into the OS.

Q10 won't turn on need help asap-img_00000059.png

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 08:30 PM