My q10 notified me of a software update, so I clicked it, and left it sit to do the update, when I came back to my phone it said restart now or later.. I clicked restart now.. and would not turn back on, just turn the part where it says the percentage of how much it has left and sits at 100%.. so I let it sit for 30 min still nothing, oulled the battery out a few times and finally got it on, but everything was different on it and my text msg wouldn't work... then a notification popped up, because the update didn't work and I had to do it again, so I did, then again restarted it, now it just wont turn on, gets to 100% and stays there, been a while, so I took the battery out now its sitting at 99% and wont work, ive tried plugging it in to the charger, and also the computer.
    nothing seems to make a difference!

please help me:'( !
    07-30-13 10:41 PM
    I see you posting from Canada, so guessing your phone is supplied by one of the carriers, within contract, and within warranty. The update was pushed by carriers so Plan "A" is an "angry customer" call to your carrier's support team to rectify what their update destroyed.

Plan "B" is probably to download the latest leaked BB10.1 - I think that's the one described in thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...models-831757/ and do a full reload from your PC. The down side is you probably need a backup of your PIM data because you effectively do a full load of the software and get pretty much a clean factory condition phone when it is done.

If I was in your situation I would probably go with Plan B, but I don't know if you have a backup of data on the phone and I don't know how you consider the idea of loading a leaked software. Some members are fine with it, others refuse to accept anything except their carrier's software.
    07-31-13 03:25 AM
    I've got the SAME problem on my Z10. I downloaded from Vodafone UK.

It gets to 100% and stuck there for 3 hours. I battery pulled, got to 99% and stayed there for 3 hours! I did another battery pull, this time leaving it out for 10 minutes, and I managed to boot back into the phone. However, it says I haven't got the update, although I have the new app for video tutorials, and I couldn't open ANY emails, Facebook messages, etc. My update was now listed as 94MB - not the original 148-odd MB.

I've installed again - got top 100% and now stuck on 100% for 5 hours!

I have a dead brick of a phone!

Not cool for an update.

Any one able to help?
    07-31-13 03:35 AM
    I've got the SAME problem on my Z10. I downloaded from Vodafone UK.

It gets to 100% and stuck there for 3 hours. I battery pulled, got to 99% and stayed there for 3 hours! I did another battery pull, this time leaving it out for 10 minutes, and I managed to boot back into the phone. However, it says I haven't got the update, although I have the new app for video tutorials, and I couldn't open ANY emails, Facebook messages, etc. My update was now listed as 94MB - not the original 148-odd MB.

I've installed again - got top 100% and now stuck on 100% for 5 hours!

I have a dead brick of a phone!

Not cool for an update.

Any one able to help?
    It sounds like you pulled the battery before the update completed, and now the OS is in an inconsistent state. I don't know why, but the reboot is taking a long time for a few people. I would suggest you follow the advice from Branta in the post above yours.
    07-31-13 09:09 AM
    Same here! But in my case it helped to pull out the battery for bout 30 mins then back in. Start the phone and connect it to your PC! It should take a while (approx another 30 mins) to have it fully booted.

Let me know if that helped!

PS: I also needed to reboot it several times after that because of problems with whatsapp. Those were fixed after deinstalling whatsapp, reboot and reinstalling whatsapp.

So far, everything works perfectly again on my q10!

Except the bloody iCloud calendar-sync but I guess this will never work.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:10 AM
    Stop doing the battery pulls, not once I pulled my battery and got my Q10 about 3 months. Just let it really complete the update, even when you think it is finished it might not be. I really let the update go all the way. It may be a defective device but don't disconnect your USB cable and don't do any battery pulls. By the way, I always do my updates connected through USB and not over the air. Don't know if it matters at all but it's also a habit.

CB10 - Q10
    07-31-13 10:10 PM
    I checked for update yeaterday it showed an update version 10.0.1.4xxx (180MB) after upgrading same thing happened to me, I left it for hours but it was stuck at 100%.
    I got it up by turning it own connected to the computer with blackberry link on, it booted fine, but HUB is not working. I had to open text messages to have HUB preparing, but I cannot get HUB by sliding gesture.
    Update was not completed, I checked the sw update, it says update avaliable new version 10.1.0.4181 132 MB.
    After another reboot, HUB started working, but Phone is not working not dialing number.
    I again updated to 10.1.0.4181 samething happend got stuck at 100% for an hour no progress. serious flaw with this update.

After rebooting it 3-4 times it finally came up but update was not there.
    Last edited by atifsid; 08-05-13 at 01:38 PM.
    08-05-13 11:24 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue with my Q10. Got the software update, went through the process OTA, and when it came time to reboot, it just stayed stuck at 100% for an hour or so. Thought it froze, so i rebooted it again.

By the time I finally got it started up again, the software update didn't complete, AND the phone isn't dialing numbers and I'm not able to receive calls either. I guess I should have let it wait longer before I rebooted it a second time.

Can anyone let me know how to make this software update happen? Now the phone calling (incoming and outgoing) isn't working.

Thanks.
    08-23-13 11:16 AM
    First when i upgraded then i couldnt make call nor receive, now i have upgraded the second time and it wouldnt come up at all. Just blinking the red constantly even though its off, i cant turn it on no matter how hard i try, please what can i do ??
    09-05-13 10:17 AM
    That's the problem with BB, their software is very unintuitive, BlackBerry Link is trash, and updates are always wearisome because you never know what's going on and whether progress is being made. Why in the hell should an update take three hours?

I just updated mine last night, it got all the way to 100%, then just stopped. I left it for two hours before pulling the battery. It seemed to start OK, but it just feels flaky. I lost all data transmission today for an hour or so - not sure if this was my Q10 or Vodafone UK.

I did have a recent back-up so I was covered, but each time I tried to back-up before the update some error came up (I tried three times). The phone was working OK before.

Not impressed.
    09-05-13 11:26 AM
    Blackberry really needs a easy way for the users to reverse the update, just in case of something like this. What a nightmare this would be after waiting for an update!
    09-05-13 11:30 AM
    Unfortunately it seems for some users it takes an insanely long time to update. I've heard of successful updates that have taken up to 5 hours. (stuck at 100%)
    If you restart before it finishes, it will have a chance of corrupting your text messages, and also has a chance of simply reverting to your old OS and not updating.

BlackBerry definitely needs to for this issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 11:35 AM
    in my own case , what can i do ? everytime i insert the battery , its blinking red in the led . i am confused, i regret buying a q10 today. is there anything i can do to make it come on again ?
    09-05-13 04:43 PM
    I just updated witih Tmobile and it fully updated and restarted but now its stuck on the blackberry logo loading screen where its like a snake going around the block but its been stuck there for half hour not sure what to do now
    09-05-13 05:07 PM