I have been using this device for one week and it's been a love hate affair. I was a Blackberry user from long ago and have gone full circle back to the most hardcore device blackberry offers. I put my HTC One (M7) down in the sock drawer to give this device a run.

I love the keyboard duh. The only reason that I can justify the small screen is this amazing keyboard. It took two days to get use to scrubbing the keyboard and pressing rather than just tapping. I'm typing this on my Q10 and have not made one mistake.

Second the hub is a great idea. Everything in one place screams efficiency.

I updated to 10.2.1 and loading. Apk apps is a life saver.

Expandable memory is a plus and the over all form factor is perfect in my opinion. The back cover texture is just right. The rounded corners are pleasing and the weight is just right but if were just that easy right...

In the same breath there so many things that **** me off about this device that are starting to over shadow the greats. For instance, when I want to view a story tahat someone posted on facebook BB10 takes me to the browser and I have to login to facebook...everytime. Apps glitch out. Like the phone app! Of all the apps that should work the phone app occasionally won't end my call until I pull the battery. Why?

Today my facebook app installed three times and yesterday my eBay app quit working and I had to load the. Apk version... should not have to do this!!!!!

I did not realize how much I relied on google products. Maps... enough said. don't judge 99.5% of you use Gmail! I need google play sevices so I can use chrome and maps and blackberry should incorporate these things not me reading up on it. You can get these things on iOS so why not BB10. I know my complaints are BB10 related but that's what's on the phone. BlackBerry can't beat Google at its own game. We know that! But they can ally and handle there own base.

Rant over...

Posted from Q10
    blee4 likes this.
    04-23-14 12:08 PM
    Sounds like you need an android if you're so tied into and dependent on Google. You'll have to ask goggle why they don't make anything for bb's.
    04-23-14 12:15 PM
    What do you need the chrome and maps for? I too am new to my blackberry, I just picked up my Q10 last week. I have not had any problems with apps crashing. I also haven't had any issues with facebook, I can just click on a status update from the hub for people that I receive FB notifications for and it pops right up. Are stories some new feature?

I've just got my email setup through office 365 on my phone and with that, the email on the blackberry seams to be the best around. FYI, I just switched over from a Galaxy s4.
    04-23-14 12:22 PM
    Google doesn't make anything for any other company. The other company has to make it for there product. This why iphones have an app that is separate from a safari html5 and how google services are coded in order for their processes to work. I have android and I like my Q10 better. My point is. Apk applications are running better in some cases.

Posted from Q10
    04-23-14 01:07 PM
    I need chrome for tab integration and favorites for my job.

Have you ever tried to show someone where you live using satellite view using BlackBerry maps? Can't load google maps due to the same reason above. Makes my work more difficult. Trying to adjust. The email and text messages and other hub stuff is top notch!!! As expected.

Posted from Q10
    04-23-14 01:10 PM
    Are you sure Apple people make the apps? I really don't know. Wasn't Apple making their own maps app because Google wasn't working right for awhile also?
    04-23-14 01:16 PM
    I keep coming back to my Q10 again and again. But I also have a Nexus 5 and 7. As much as the battery on my Q10 is a huge disappointment It knocks the other two out the park.

Posted from BlackBerry Q10 / CB10
    04-23-14 01:22 PM
    I get what you're saying about Google services, OP. Even though the Q10 has very good integration with gmail and calendar, the screen size does make it hard to view the other Google services. It was because of the revelation that I too rely A LOT on Google (Groups, Drive, Docs, etc) that I bought a Nexus 7 tablet as a complement to my Q10. But again, the Q10 does so many other things so well that I haven't used the Nexus as much as I thought I would other than the Google services obviously (and as an e-reader. And Netflix. And a few games

In terms of maps, I haven't yet had any issues with the stock Maps application. It's gotten me to my destination without getting me all turned around. To be fair, I only use the Maps as a back-up in the event I forget my main Garmin GPS, which is rarely. I did purchase BeMaps Pro in the event that the stock Maps fails me since that's integrated with Google, but even still, if you want driving directions and guidance, it directs back to the stock Maps anyway. and yet it has gotten me to my destination without too many issues.

I do NOT have Snap installed on my Q10 and now that I have a Nexus, I don't feel the need to have Android apps on my Q10. Since the 10.2.1 update, my phone has never been better I have heard people having issues with Android installed apps making their Q10 very slow and unresponsive though.
    04-23-14 01:35 PM
    I'm a Q10 owner. Be Maps Pro uses Google maps, works great on a Q10. Alpha Browser has tabs and works great on a Q10. As far as the Facebook and eBay apps, mine have always worked good without crashes or problems. Always check for a native app or equivalent for your Q10 prior to using an android apk, most apps are covered in BB World. On a side note, showing someone where you live on a satellite image is for larger screens, the Q10 is just to small IMO.
    04-23-14 01:40 PM
    I agree. I'm sticking it out and doing the one month challenge. If I still feel as good about it in three weeks I'll sell my HTC Ones

Thanks for the help. I'll post more as time goes if I come across any questions

Posted from Q10
    04-23-14 02:01 PM
    In a month it will get better.

04-23-14 02:12 PM
    Here's a sample of satellite view in BeMapsPro on the Q10:

Q10 Woes-img_20140423_152122.png

Not as good as a big screen, but gets the job done.
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    04-23-14 02:23 PM
    Google Maps works great on my Z10. I use BB maps and Waze for primary navigation however. I just use Google Maps for the satellite feature.
    04-23-14 02:28 PM
    See, I like that!!! That's exactly what I need. Thanks I'm downloading that now!the only reason that I feel like I am reliant on google is because I just don't know the alternatives!!! I have arguably the best android smart phone of 2013 (HTC One) and I'm still bored with it.

Posted from Q10
    mk2234 and BERRYNOID like this.
    04-23-14 02:30 PM
    I have the same problem with my Nexus 5 it's pure Android but I'm very bored. So I use my Q10 that's connected to my personal website and my Nexus 5 for music and other stuff. So Business and Pleasure. Both covered.

04-23-14 02:37 PM
    The only way that Blackberry will survive is if it get this right. Marketing what they have. Choose their battles and make allies. BB10 is the best OS I've used but it's not finished. It need the same integration as the other OS's out there.

Posted from Q10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-23-14 02:44 PM
    can access google services through the browser, no probs includingmail, docs, books, drive and maps. Use them regularly since BB maps is missing huge parts of the planet!!

maybe not as slick as an app but the BB browser is so slick and fast I aften use iover some apps ... eg imdb vs android app, better in the browser
    04-23-14 02:55 PM
    How do you mean the same integration. I think it does. It's the lack of apps and a track pad in current blowers that let's it down.

04-23-14 03:11 PM
    Sounds like you use Google maps a lot, but for me the web browser works great. Got to maps.google.com. Then tap on the arrow top right. Then select layers and select satellite view. Works great. Although screen size does limit it. Also save the browser page to your home screen then it looks like an app.
    Once at google maps just tap the bottom right 3 dots then select add to home screen. It even has an icon.
    Just tap and you are right at the google maps page. The browser is so fast it beats ios and android google map apps. I know it's limited but may be a good bridge when using your Q10

Posted from my awesome Q10
    04-23-14 06:56 PM
    The browser is so fast it beats ios and android google map apps. I know it's limited but may be a good bridge when using your Q10

Does it do turn by turn navigation through the browser? Anyways I am in the same situation as the OP. I have an HTC ONE and I am thinking of buying a q10 (or q5) again but I can't leave just yet because of google maps and services. I used the gps once on a q10 I used to own and it did not give me an accurate address with the turn-by-turn nav. I also tried using waze but couldn't get used to it. If BB10 begins to support google services I would certainly buy a Q10 again. OP, is there anything else you miss about your HTC?
    04-23-14 08:41 PM
    I understand how easy it is to get hooked into Google services, but I'm beginning to want to pull back a little. BB Maps does decent navigation but not very good search. BeMapsPro gives me Google search and then hands off to BB Maps for the navigation. It works for me.

I've done side-by-side navigation with BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps and often BlackBerry Maps gives me the better route.

I'm also at the brink of jumping from Gmail to Outlook, because it just works better. Even on my S4 I prefer AquaMail to the native Gmail and email apps, for a unified email inbox experience.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    hlg8888 likes this.
    04-23-14 09:29 PM
    Google doesn't make anything for any other company. The other company has to make it for there product. This why iphones have an app that is separate from a safari html5 and how google services are coded in order for their processes to work. I have android and I like my Q10 better. My point is. Apk applications are running better in some cases.

Posted from Q10
    Actually Google makes a full suite of apps for iOS, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Talk pretty much every Google app you can name is on iOS it's the only other platform they support.
    04-23-14 11:37 PM
    Does it do turn by turn navigation through the browser?

Not in the sense of voice, just written directions which works well as long as I am not driving. I was referring to satellite maps that the OP was having problems with. Basically you have to use the BlackBerry maps and google maps in conjunction. When I am searching for a restaurant or other things I use google maps. When I need voice navigation I use BlackBerry maps with the address. It works really well over bluetooth in my car. Works well for me but I am in the US. Not the best option. when the OP has his Q10 and not his android it could help.

04-24-14 12:24 AM
    Ubizmo . . How's it going with the q10? Have been following your 'eve' thread and haven't seen anything new for a little while . . . just curious ;-)

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-24-14 05:46 AM
    Ubizmo . . How's it going with the q10? Have been following your 'eve' thread and haven't seen anything new for a little while . . . just curious ;-)

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Going fine. I'll update later today.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    revtech likes this.
    04-24-14 07:46 AM