Okay guys, I had the bold 9900 and was walking through the mall when Sprint coherced me into signing up and trading it in for the iPhone 4s...SO I did. Ive had the 4s for almost a year now and I just miss how important I felt with a BB. Haha its lame...I know, but I felt like part of this status quo and now I feel like everyone else with this iPhone. I miss booking appointments and typing email with the qwerty!

Basically, from some reviews I have saw...some people say the Q10's build quality isnt up to the 9900! Some say the 9900 looks newer than the Q10! This is what I am worried about. I prefer the 9900's back to the Q10s but I love the Q10's front! I also love the bold 9900's side bezel...I will miss the silver. What do you guys think?! Do you feel like the 9900 has higher quality/design/appeal??:
    04-25-13 12:51 PM
    I actually feel the Q10 has a more modern look. Build quality should be up to (9900) standard. Construcion wise it looks like its very similar.
    04-25-13 01:08 PM
    I agree about the modern look! Defiantly! I just remember how perfect and indestrucible my 9900 felt! I hope the Q10 lives up to that! I loved the tappered ruber edge the 9900 had.
    04-25-13 01:24 PM
    I'd say the Q10 is the BB10 version of the 9700. With the build quality and battery life to match.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:57 PM
    BB9700 was my first BB and I loved it. Now I'm in very difficult situation - can't convince myself that I need Q10 after 2.5 month with Z10. I loved 9700 more than 9900.
    04-25-13 02:08 PM
    Anyone with a 9900 with a scuffed up battery door or that soft rubber around the edges will rethink about the Q10's build quality in comparison when it debuts.

I've seen keys fail, permanently regardless of full wipe or OS re-install (BBDM direct or download), screens permanently die (no water damage).

I'm hoping a dust and water resistant (without the horrible design and bulk that associates with this) comes to BB10 hardware in the future and SOON.
    04-25-13 03:16 PM
    I must be one of the fortunate ones to have suffered no ill effects with my 9930. It works like a champ.
    04-25-13 03:24 PM
    I haven't see the Q10 in person, so only could judge from photos... the Q10 definitely has the more modern look, and looks like it's built great, BUT I am not sure why they went with Black steel surround instead of metal look in 9900, and the glass weave is a hate or love per user preference. I think most likely they chose black vs. steel to differentiate it over 9900, but I definitely think 9900 steel looks better.

Overall though, if you wanna go QWERTY, gotto get Q10, 9900 is simply too old of an OS to even hold a candle to it. Agreed they could have done more on the design though.
    04-25-13 04:08 PM
    I haven't see the Q10 in person, so only could judge from photos... the Q10 definitely has the more modern look, and looks like it's built great, BUT I am not sure why they went with Black steel surround instead of metal look in 9900, and the glass weave is a hate or love per user preference. I think most likely they chose black vs. steel to differentiate it over 9900, but I definitely think 9900 steel looks better.

Overall though, if you wanna go QWERTY, gotto get Q10, 9900 is simply too old of an OS to even hold a candle to it. Agreed they could have done more on the design though.
    Yea i agree 100%! I just wish there was some more silver and then it'd be, in my eyes, the best BB design ever! Haha but im not gonna let design asthetic change my mind. The Q10 is in my future defiantly!
    04-25-13 04:11 PM
    only displays are different but the resolution of Q10 is better because of 720x720 pixels.

BlackBerry Q10 comes with a price tag of $249 | Blugga.com

Btw I bet for Q10 for build quality.
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 vs 9900 Build Quality?-blackberry-q10-2.jpg  
    04-25-13 04:16 PM
    The old OS is the only thing that keeps me from just breaking down and buying a 9930 as its price is dropping. It will probably be priced very cheap or free by the time the Q10 is released in the U.S. So "free" phone or $250 for the new one? Everything new and the potential for the new Blackberry OS 10 seems hard to pass up just to get a less expensive older model BB phone.
    04-25-13 04:17 PM
    Anyone with a 9900 with a scuffed up battery door or that soft rubber around the edges will rethink about the Q10's build quality in comparison when it debuts.

I've seen keys fail, permanently regardless of full wipe or OS re-install (BBDM direct or download), screens permanently die (no water damage).

I'm hoping a dust and water resistant (without the horrible design and bulk that associates with this) comes to BB10 hardware in the future and SOON.
    Thanks for pointing that out! Yeah, my 9900 had some scruff marks around the rubber on the back. I guess I will miss how thin that made it look and feel! But I will grow into it!
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-25-13 04:19 PM
    The old OS is the only thing that keeps me from just breaking down and buying a 9930 as its price is dropping. It will probably be priced very cheap or free by the time the Q10 is released in the U.S. So "free" phone or $250 for the new one? Everything new and the potential for the new Blackberry OS 10 seems hard to pass up just to get a less expensive older model BB phone.
    This sums up me at this moment! I want my 9900 back asap! I'm tired of looking at my white 4s! Hate it! I could easily just upgrade to a 9900 since its dropping in price asap but...I guess I must wait haha!
    04-25-13 04:34 PM
    I'm in the same boat. My current BB is a 9330 running OS 6. I've read about so many problems with the 9930. However I don't know how many people had problems and how many had no problems at all. I do know that my little 9330 rock steady and serves me very well. I too have asked myself the question; buy a 9930 for cheep or a Z or Q10? If someone can give me there input on the matter! Thank T500J
    04-25-13 04:53 PM
    I have a 9900, and I like the way it looks, specially the silver metal around it. I don't wanna judge the Q10 looks from photos and videos, so I guess I'll have to wait till I can see it in reality.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    04-25-13 05:22 PM
    I think only those with the device itself can judge now. But I have seen reviewers bring very impressed with the build quality as well. The soft touch back cover, the PVD coated frame. The way the frets are actually part of the body. As it stands I think it will be better than the 9900.

On the 9900, the gloss back cover means scratches does show up quite obviously. Also the frets on the keyboard is coated with chrome, which will peel off to reveal a black base after abusive use, which frankly, anyone with a great physical keyboard will be doing. The frets on the 9900 also can be flexed. You can actually use your finger nail to push it up and down a bit.

Also on the navigation pane (call, menu, back, and end call) on the 9900 is a piece of plastic that is held by just adhesive. And sometimes it moves a little and a little back light cam be seen.

Then there is the volume and power buttons, which on the Z10 is just perfect. Giving a really solid click whole being easy to press too. Which if the Q10 has as well, will be great.

Now this doesn't mean that the build quality on the 9900 is bad, but I THINK, that the Q10 will have a more solid build. Also, I think the black metal frame looks more modern, and is something that I prefer. Same as when they went from silver on the 9700 to the darker chrome on the 9780. Also the Q10 has 6 buttons less than the 9900, camera plus the track pad and navigation buttons. Less buttons means less things to go wrong. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    awalizad likes this.
    04-25-13 05:33 PM
    I honestly think the 9990 is way better looking nice the screen size. The silver bezel is way nicer!!
    04-25-13 05:41 PM
    as soon as i saw the q10 in video i was a fan. excited about q10 way more than i got excited about z10. i think the black band makes the phone look classy and the device as a whole, what with its frets stretch from edge to edge, is a lot better looking than the bb 9900/30. i agree that the front is better than the back. but the back is for others to see and me to feel and by the looks of it, it has a nice grippy texture to it. for the first time, like adam zeis, im liking the q10 in white. all in all, looks like a well built solid device way better looking than the 9900 - already feels that it has too much steel after viewing these vids and pics of the q10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-25-13 06:12 PM
    My only gripe with the look of the Q10 is that the BlackBerry symbol is waaaay too low. I want people to be able to see that beautiful logo.

Other than that though, on the topic of build quality, I hope it is better than the 9900. My first 9900 had gaps between the metal bezel and rubber back. Then, the trackpad started to have problems in sunlight. However, my next 9900 did not have these gaps and the trackpad had no issues. There is some dust under the screen though. Luck of the draw, I guess.
    04-25-13 09:06 PM
    Q10 vs 9900 Build Quality?-bb10-pkb-9900.jpg

Its not that I don't like the 9900, I love its design. But I kinda wished they moved away from that design a little, since BB10 is supposed to signify not just a new generation of OS, but also a new BlackBerry. I did a mockup with a rounded rectangle, but kept the elements of the Q10.
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    04-25-13 09:15 PM

It seems only the Black Q10 has that PVD-Black Coat around the metal band, gives it a uniform look, wouldn't you say? Also this was sought after by many fans of the 9700, even by one member doing a custom paint job of the fake metal, plastic band around his 9700 (cannot recall whom). The 9780 sold quite well and had this uniformed all black look as well; but a memory spec update was just not enough to increase sales beyond the 9700, that I could tell.

I think the White will sell extraordinarily well beyond the Black.
    04-25-13 09:34 PM
    I think only those with the device itself can judge now. But I have seen reviewers bring very impressed with the build quality as well. The soft touch back cover, the PVD coated frame. The way the frets are actually part of the body. As it stands I think it will be better than the 9900.

On the 9900, the gloss back cover means scratches does show up quite obviously. Also the frets on the keyboard is coated with chrome, which will peel off to reveal a black base after abusive use, which frankly, anyone with a great physical keyboard will be doing. The frets on the 9900 also can be flexed. You can actually use your finger nail to push it up and down a bit.

Also on the navigation pane (call, menu, back, and end call) on the 9900 is a piece of plastic that is held by just adhesive. And sometimes it moves a little and a little back light cam be seen.

Then there is the volume and power buttons, which on the Z10 is just perfect. Giving a really solid click whole being easy to press too. Which if the Q10 has as well, will be great.

Now this doesn't mean that the build quality on the 9900 is bad, but I THINK, that the Q10 will have a more solid build. Also, I think the black metal frame looks more modern, and is something that I prefer. Same as when they went from silver on the 9700 to the darker chrome on the 9780. Also the Q10 has 6 buttons less than the 9900, camera plus the track pad and navigation buttons. Less buttons means less things to go wrong. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed on the 9700 to 9780 transition. Darker is way more pimp. I actually disliked the metal band going from my 9700 to my 9900. It felt dated.
    04-25-13 10:36 PM