Does anyone know if there is a way to video record while in a holster. It would be awesome to put it in my otterbox holster and record but as of now when I do it recording stops. Was trying to use it for action shots on my atv.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:13 PM
    I think a holster puts the device to sleep? Does yours have a magnet?
    Maybe you need a GoPro camera to film your ATV runs.
    08-25-14 06:16 PM
    I think a holster puts the device to sleep? Does yours have a magnet?
    Maybe you need a GoPro camera to film your ATV runs.
    Yeah its the magnet that does it maybe I need to say it differently. Does anyone know how to disable the sleep setting while in a holster? I have a gopro hero 3+ but I don't like to wear the chest harness and usually don't wear a helmet. When something exciting is happening nobody wants to say hold that thought while I get my gopro. If you ever tried filming at a night party with a gopro you would see why I want to use my Q10. It fits on the front of my coat perfectly ,can clip it anywhere and I'm not having to bring a second device. I know I can break the magnet out of the holster but I do like the magnet except for that or I also could buy another one. Just want to use my phone to my own choosing

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:00 PM
    From the Help : "To automatically lock your device and dim the screen when it's in a BlackBerry case or holster, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > Security and Privacy > Device Password > Lock Device When Holstered."
    Just set it to off
    08-26-14 08:52 AM
    From the Help : "To automatically lock your device and dim the screen when it's in a BlackBerry case or holster, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > Security and Privacy > Device Password > Lock Device When Holstered."
    Just set it to off
    It still stops recording

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:07 AM
    Right, video and music still playing though. I guess it will work fine if you use another app than the default Camera to record... can't help more
    08-26-14 11:43 AM
    I think you'd have to modify the holster in order to get rid of the magnet that notifies the phone that it's holstered.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:47 AM
    Believe I will just bite the bullet and get another one and remove the magnet

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:13 PM
    Before that, set the previous setting to off and get another free video recorder from the Blackberry World, like DashCam . Test and see
    08-26-14 05:54 PM