I'm in the middle of a frustrating situation, and I've searched this site and others and am not finding any solutions to this issue.

Right now, I cannot make a call with my Q10 ever since trying to install 10.1.0.273. Every other feature works, except for making or receiving calls. If I make a call with the keypad or from my contacts, the screen dims as if it transition to the call screen, hesitates 3 seconds then returns to the original screen. If I hold #1 to go direct to voicemail, then I get a grey popup box with "Unable to connect your call. Please try again." I have had struggles installing the 10.1 update and would like to completely reset to factory OS. So far this is what happened:

-Got prompted to install 10.1.0.273 in phone notifications, clicked it, the install completed to 100%, then the phone hung for over an hour with the BB symbol with the purple ring.

-After a combination of 3 reboots, battery pulls, and SIM removals, the phone booted, but not updated to 10.1, with a notification saying that install failed (I am not sure if voice calling was working at this point, I did not test it).

-Plugged into link, did the update through there, left the unit 8hrs overnight while it showed the purple BB ring and 100%, and in the morning the same issue of hanging needing rebooting, got the message that the update failed (calls no longer working at this point).

-Un-Installed and Re-installed link, did an OS restore, left it overnight again, in the morning it was still hung up but after the reboots the 10.1.0.273 update was successfull.

All apps and functions are working other than calls. I am on the fido network in Montreal, I've been using the unit for 3 months and never did any OS or software mods of any kind.

Any thoughts?

thanks
    08-30-13 04:03 PM
    Try a device reset first. (Not exactly same as restart.)

Hold down the Volume Up & Down keys simultaneously for about a minute. Ignore the shutter sound as it takes a screenshot. Ignore the black/white splashscreens as well. Once you see the blue startup icon, release the buttons.

Anything work after that? If not, I'll give you another suggestion or two.

Also, are you sure you've updated? The Q10 released on 10.1.
    Software Release 10.1.0.273 is OS 10.1.0.1720. That was probably the initial release version for your Q10.

The recent MR (maintenance release) you should have available is Software Release 10.1.0.4181 aka OS v10.1.0.4633.
    Do you know where to check your OS version in Settings? Do you know where to check if there are OS updates?
    08-30-13 04:40 PM
    Yes i was getting the version from the settings, i didn't take note of it before this all began. I was possibly thrown off by not getting a failure notification, making me assume it worked. I did get a notification to upgrade to 4181 just minutes ago.

I did the reset as you suggested, held both until the bb pink/purple/blue ring came up, booted fine but still no phonecalling..

Any other ideas?
    08-30-13 05:40 PM
    if you got notification to upgrade to ,4181, maybe you should upgrade first, then see what happens...
    08-31-13 12:32 AM
    I think it is because the radio file is not compatible with your device.
    It happened to me last night when I installed 1444 radio to my Z10-1

STL100-1
    08-31-13 12:55 AM
    So before these last two responses came in i decided to do a security wipe. Plugged into my pc, backed up and synced and did the security wipe. I am now on hour 13 of the little ram chip icon with the swirling progress circle... I've heard of others going 15 hrs, so i'll give it another half day to see if it completes..
    08-31-13 07:28 AM
    Which carrier are you with? Did you buy the device from them?

As someone else suggested, I'd do the upgrade and see if it's better after.

This is how you CB10, son!
    08-31-13 01:38 PM
    i had tried the update, and it was the same hanging at 100% after waiting overnight. I tried a security wipe which hung for 24+ hours, then had no choice to battery pull and then it was stuck at the "plug into computer" icon, and it doesn't respond when plugging it into BB Link. It was purchased direct from my carrier Fido, so I returned it and they shipped it off to service. Back to my Bold for the next two weeks...
    09-02-13 11:32 AM
    Hi!

I was also having the same problem but just figured out the reason for the same. I just enabled 'Show My Number' in the setting options in the phone application and my problem of not being able to make a call got solved. Infact I tried disabling it again just to cross check whether it was the actual solution and I was correct.

Try the same thing and you might be able to get your problem resolved.

Best of luck!!!
    09-03-13 01:27 PM
    I installed10.1.0.2011 update to my Q10. I now cannot make or receive calls. I tried to enable "show my number" in phone app, but that is not on the list of options. Suggestions for reviving thoe ability to make/receive calls?
    10-28-13 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD