Can anyone confirm if the Q10 has the UMA signal booster... I tried the Z10 and it didn't have it - so it had to go back to my old Bold until I can find another solution....
    Last edited by SimoneD; 04-29-13 at 06:59 AM. Reason: uploaded too quickly
    04-29-13 06:56 AM
    I can't confirm, but since T-Mobile seem to be quick off the mark to release the device, I'm guessing it might have it...
    04-29-13 07:50 AM
    I highly doubt it has it
    04-29-13 08:01 AM
    Was about to create a thread asking if the UMA feature available on the Bold 9900 will be on the Z10/Q10

The interesting thing I discovered about UMA is when I traveled overseas (with a Bold 9900 on a prepaid monthly 4G) when connected to wifi UMA was active and I could call the U.S for free as if I was still in the states.
    It would be amazing if UMA gets on the Z10/Q10
    04-29-13 11:25 PM
    T-Mobile has said that UMA Calling would be added in a future update to the Z10, so I'm guessing and hoping that applies to the Q10 as well.

I'm running the latest leak of 10.1 on my Z10, and there is no UMA Calling. I never knew how much I'd miss it until it was taken away from me when I got the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 03:05 AM
    I need UMA ASAP and I don't see it on the 10.2 leak features list.
    08-07-13 11:32 AM
    I've used UMA on a 9800 for years, now it has 'vanished' I'm told that Blackberry has wiped it off their software, then I'm told the UK carrier Orange has phased out... though their tech guys who've spent hours trying to get it to reconnect obviously haven't been told... Either way it appears to be one of those wonderful technologies that people rely on and like so they get rid of it. Nothing here is UMA now.
    01-12-14 06:46 AM
    10.2.1.1925 has wifi calling built in. Previous official releases through T-mobile USA used a separate ui, while this leak seems to have it integrated into the OS. When setting up wifi you will notice a message that says something to the effect of: wifi will be used for calls and messages (I don't remember the exact verbiage)

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:38 PM
    10.2.1.1925 has wifi calling built in. Previous official releases through T-mobile USA used a separate ui, while this leak seems to have it integrated into the OS. When setting up wifi you will notice a message that says something to the effect of: wifi will be used for calls and messages (I don't remember the exact verbiage)

Posted via CB10
    Dont have it on my q10??
    03-01-14 08:13 AM
    My understanding is that Q10 uses WiFi Calling, but it is not UMA hardware based. In fact, I believe T-Mobile's Bold 9900 used WiFi Calling even though the device had the requisite hardware to use the UMA method. UMA is being phased out everywhere, it seems.

These discussions are complicated by the fact that many people do not know the difference between the two and will refer to WiFi Calling as UMA.... From the user perspective, the main difference is that UMA can hand off calls between WiFi and cell network while software-only WiFi Calling will drop the call.
    03-01-14 01:26 PM
    My understanding is that Q10 uses WiFi Calling, but it is not UMA hardware based. In fact, I believe T-Mobile's Bold 9900 used WiFi Calling even though the device had the requisite hardware to use the UMA method. UMA is being phased out everywhere, it seems.

These discussions are complicated by the fact that many people do not know the difference between the two and will refer to WiFi Calling as UMA.... From the user perspective, the main difference is that UMA can hand off calls between WiFi and cell network while software-only WiFi Calling will drop the call.
    The last tmobile that had UMA hardware was the 9780

Pin:2AF98872
    03-02-14 04:44 PM
    Don't have it working on my q10??

I got Wifi calling working on my Q5. used OS 10.1
    03-03-14 05:42 PM
    I've used UMA on a 9800 for years, now it has 'vanished' I'm told that Blackberry has wiped it off their software, then I'm told the UK carrier Orange has phased out... though their tech guys who've spent hours trying to get it to reconnect obviously haven't been told... Either way it appears to be one of those wonderful technologies that people rely on and like so they get rid of it. Nothing here is UMA now.
    My old Bold 9700 had UMA (was very very good), my Bold 9900 had Wi-Fi calling instead (better than nothing, but no way as good call quality as the previous UMA)

When I purchased my Bold 9900 c. September 2011 WiFi Calling wasn't available but Orange (UK) told me it would be released by BlackBerry at a later date, and that Orange would not block this functionality (note: most carriers in the UK did block this functionality) - eventually the Wi-Fi Calling functionality was released with one of the OS updates

When I purchased my Q10 in September 2013 WiFi Calling wasn't available (still isn't!) but EE (UK - who have bought Orange UK) told me it would be released by BlackBerry at a later date, and that EE would not block this functionality as the OS updates will come straight from BlackBerry (as they have done) and are not blocked/amended by EE

So, the big question is, does anybody know when BlackBerry will be releasing WiFi Calling for the Q10? Or were EE just telling me porkies to encourage me to sign a new contract (not that they made any money out of the new contract, as my bill has decreased considerably.....)

UMA / WiFi Calling have saved me thousands of dollars in the past and I would like this functionality back!
    03-03-14 11:22 PM
    EE were telling you porkies. Bigtime. EE need to support Wifi calling on their end for your sim card.

It's not an update from BBRY only. The fact they said that sounds like EE rep was...just selling.

Sorry!

I have little hope that EE will keep Wifi calling from Orange anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:16 PM
    EE were telling you porkies. Bigtime. EE need to support Wifi calling on their end for your sim card.

It's not an update from BBRY only. The fact they said that sounds like EE rep was...just selling.

Sorry!

I have little hope that EE will keep Wifi calling from Orange anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    so what OS 10 release has the WiFi calling functionality? I didn't think that BlackBerry had released it yet for OS10
    03-09-14 04:21 PM