I've had this problem for months now, in the first months it didn't appear but from one day to another it started rebooting, shutting off for now reason, I could be working with it, laying it down , didn't matter, bought a new battery as the big red battery sign appeared in my display, this seemed to remedy the problem but unfortunately not. the problem returned as fast as I got the new battery.
    sometimes the display gives me the red battery sign again with this new one.
    as said in this thread I now placed a piece of a biz card with a piece of scotch tape to it.
    Although , since the battery may be a bit convex it's tugged in quite firmly and makes good contact with the phone contacts. it makes it a bit difficult to believe to see this mod as the solution.
    I've noticed this happening more likely to my Q10 as it drops below 65% battery, when it gets over 45 Centigrade. dropping the phone flat on its back or face down or its sides (as long as it doesn't fall into 3 pieces) the phone doesn't shut down or reboots , so i am not able to reproduce the random reboots.
    I've also found that battery intense apps that are open are more likely to cause the reboots.
    anyone have similar experiences?

I'll repost findings on the biz card mod next week.

Thanks guys and girls
    02-18-14 07:17 PM
    I investigated this thoroughly and have come up with the exact fix.

On some devices there is a little play between the top of the battery and the case. When impacted, the battery can move the 1/2mm or so and lose contact with the bottom of the battery and the contacts, causing the reboot. Putting tape/material on the battery case as mentioned above can add some friction to help remedy it, but the better solution is to put a small strip of screen cover(perfect thickness) or tape(i used one a bit thicker than scotch tape) either on the top side of the battery(opposite side of the contacts) or the top of the battery compartment(the 1/8th inch side opposite of the contacts) Either will solve the problem 100%. I believe the issue is more to do with the battery than the phone, i have one OEM battery that is a tiny bit taller than the other and that battery has no problems. Some batteries are just slightly out of spec. The batteries i have that are out of spec has the "cell made in Korea and further processed in china". Surprise Surprise.

Good luck.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-19-14 02:22 AM
    okay, with the biz card sticked on the battery i had 1 spontaneous reboot in the last 48 hrs, which at this point in time is a real breakthrough. I applied karaya1"s solution as an addition , however screen cover thickness didn't seem to make the battery fix in its place so I used 2 strips of 120 grams paper to the top left and right , there seems to be a little more space but since others report the battery to easily become convex adding too much pressure to the battery structure seems not the way to go.
    I this fixed the whole problem, I'm a happy camper.
    Not sure exactly why the battery runs down faster as usual but having no reboots anymore would be a real stress reliever.
    02-21-14 08:41 AM

On some devices there is a little play between the top of the battery and the case. When impacted, the battery can move the 1/2mm or so and lose contact with the bottom of the battery and the contacts, causing the reboot. Putting tape/material on the battery case as mentioned above can add some friction to help remedy it, but the better solution is to put a small strip of screen cover(perfect thickness) or tape(i used one a bit thicker than scotch tape) either on the top side of the battery(opposite side of the contacts) or the top of the battery compartment(the 1/8th inch side opposite of the contacts) Either will solve the problem 100%. I believe the issue is more to do with the battery than the phone, i have one OEM battery that is a tiny bit taller than the other and that battery has no problems. Some batteries are just slightly out of spec. The batteries i have that are out of spec has the "cell made in Korea and further processed in china". Surprise Surprise.

Good luck.
    Sounds like carriers or BBRY needs to replace those improperly manufactured batteries with proper ones for free.
    02-21-14 08:54 AM
    Went through three different white Q10s: sim not detected error (never ever use a sim adaptor because they are prone to jam on the sim contacts), headphone port problem (the slightest twist/movement of inserted headphones would trigger voice command), and then the final one which was problem free (but I decided to sell it and switch to the black one because the white one is extremely slippery and I almost dropped it 635654898 times)

Not once did any of the white units reboot when placed on a table. Having that issue now with the black unit. Have a full business card on the back unit between battery and battery door (which helped remedy the number of reboots), but will try the folded paper on the top of the battery to see if it fixes the issue completely.
    02-21-14 09:01 AM

Good luck.
    Iphones are made in China. Don't be so shortsighted. This is a blackberry poorly designed by canadia issue.
    02-21-14 09:46 AM
    Went through three different white Q10s: sim not detected error (never ever use a sim adaptor because they are prone to jam on the sim contacts), headphone port problem (the slightest twist/movement of inserted headphones would trigger voice command), and then the final one which was problem free (but I decided to sell it and switch to the black one because the white one is extremely slippery and I almost dropped it 635654898 times)

Not once did any of the white units reboot when placed on a table. Having that issue now with the black unit. Have a full business card on the back unit between battery and battery door (which helped remedy the number of reboots), but will try the folded paper on the top of the battery to see if it fixes the issue completely.
    if you are careless yes. i've never had a sim adapter screw things up. use them all the time
    02-21-14 10:16 AM
    well...I must say since I used a few pieces of paper to fixate the battery , I had one single random reboot. and since my last post was on 21/2 , I must say thank u all for the fix that I never thought was the correct. I stand corrected.
    04-06-14 07:53 PM
    Well guys....sorry to let you all know I left the BB platform. been a BB die hard for years , but the phone brand is unlikely to live on. apps are hardly available, updates take ages , altho i had good hopes with the Q and Z series , yank my sank if you want but i must admit , integrating an iphone in an all apple surrounding was really a no-brainer. some 4G issues here but every app works flawlessly and there is almost an unlimited amount of each version app. the iOS is rock solid , big downside is the battery that finally the Q10 worked for me overday without charging, is a big problem on the iphone. Thanks again for all your help. You all been great
    05-29-14 05:02 PM
59 123