my q10 is I drop it about a inch onto a table it turns on and loads back up again but it only does it if its tapped on the botton right hand side
    of the phone its it ment to do this cos the battery is not slack so I cant see why it would turn off
    07-15-13 06:11 AM
    No something is definitely wrong I would take it back to the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:40 AM
    Sounds like the loose battery issue some older bb's had where you had to tape a business card in the door to keep the battery tight but could be something totally different.
    07-15-13 06:53 AM
    seems pretty tight in there already I can hardly get the battery out
    07-16-13 07:56 AM
    i just posted something exactly the same yesterday- im gonna try a bit of electrical tape and see if that helps!
    07-16-13 06:53 PM
    My one does the exact same when places on a hard table
    07-16-13 07:19 PM
    my q10 is I drop it about a inch onto a table it turns on and loads back up again but it only does it if its tapped on the botton right hand side
    of the phone its it ment to do this cos the battery is not slack so I cant see why it would turn off
    I'm trying to understand a bit here, you DROP it one inch on the table?
    07-17-13 02:03 AM
    Mine does the same! Just not all the time, just randomly when it is hit or placed down.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 03:45 AM
    I'm just trying to understand why you would throw your phone on the table from any distance...

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    SK122387 and FOIA Gras like this.
    07-17-13 01:44 PM
    None of this is normal.. you guys shouldn't have to resort to using electrical tape.

This sounds like your battery and the pins on the phone lose contact upon the slight impact of your phone touching the table or surface, essentially the equivalent of a "hard reset" of your phone, where it reboots itself.

You should either exchange it in the store or call your carrier. This problem won't fix itself.
    07-17-13 02:20 PM
    Hi, just wanted to report two more q10's with the same problem.
    Both of them are only 1 month old. Scandinavian keyboard layout.
    We got 3 Q10's so far in my company, where of two got this problem.
    Not very promising statisticly!

Lets hope its not many more of these...

Big up to Crackberry <3
    07-18-13 02:40 AM
    Take the battery and shove it back in and have a technician look at blackberry connectors

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 05:01 AM
    Not very promising statisticly!

Lets hope its not many more of these...
    well judging by the fact that this thread has 13 posts, its probably not a widespread problem.

on side note, going off what has been said on this thread, shouldn't the thread title read "q10 turns of when dropped onto a table"
    07-18-13 08:54 AM
    Happened to mine #10 on tmobilei didn't really through it down ect

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:39 PM
    For every action there is an opposite reaction...
    Next time put it gently and use a tape to prevent the battery from falling

Sent from my White BlackBerry STL100-02 Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 on Etisalat using Tapatalk 2!
    07-18-13 02:45 PM
    New Q10 not even 2 months old doing the same thing except not dropping on the table, all you have to do is tap the back of the device and it turns off. New devices from a company trying to survive should not be having this issue. Calling AT&T for a replacement and if it happens again then BB is gone from this company.
    08-15-13 08:34 AM
    my phone actually does the same thing

ive read another user on here who has the same problem..in fact it was because of him that i found out the reason
    08-15-13 08:55 AM
    Happens to me, too. Just ordered a case today (not sure why) and I will see if it continues to happen with the case. If it does, I'll contact ATT and let them send me a new device. The battery should not move around that much, and I am sure that by now in production, the factories have already slimmed their tolerances.

*side note--same thing with the Storm. Waited a few months and finally got a replacement that had a perfect screen click
    08-15-13 02:28 PM
    Phone is feeling neglected. Place it in the chair, like the rest of the adults
    08-15-13 02:31 PM
    same thing happened to me. the q10 would turn off with any quick movements made. Go get it replaced thats what i did
    08-15-13 07:27 PM
    Ditto. I've been having random "turn offs" for the last week or so. I'll wonder why no LED light is flashing when I glance at it and I see that it is completely OFF. And I'm not dropping my phone and I have a great Seidio case on it. I hadn't done a hard reset in awhile so I did yesterday, hasn't happened since. SO FAR.
    08-15-13 10:36 PM
    Happened to me. I cut out a piece of a business card and stuck it to the back of the battery. Hasn't happened since. It's probably because the battery is a little concave, and when dropping it it loses the connection for a split second causing a reboot.

Q10 turns off when placed on a table-battery.jpg

I originally just placed it on top of the battery, but it would always slide out eventually, and one day I'd get a random reboot. Today I just decided to use scotch tape to stick it in place.
    texn884, flyingsolid and PritK like this.
    08-16-13 12:14 AM
    Mine has been doing this for about the past week.. getting to be at least 6x per day! It happens whenever I set it down on table, not even from 1 inch away. With any light touch to the table it turns off and instantly reboots. This is what I came here to figure out..so frustrating.
    08-20-13 12:24 AM
    I am on my second q10 (first one was replaced due to bad space bar issue) and they both do this. They even reset sometimes if they are on my desk and the phone vibrates due to an incoming call or text. Very annoying.
    08-20-13 02:14 AM
    I'm glad to hear I am not the only one. Every time I send a text , or open a web page then instantly put the phone down while it's still processing that information it shuts off. If I place it down while it's not processing anything nothing happens. And to the previous poster I assure you we are not "dropping" the $500 phone multiple times a day. Simply letting go of the device centimeters above the hard surface is all it takes. I took it to the store, and I've called Blackberry multiple times, they say this the first they have heard of the problem. T-mobile says my only solution is to return the phone online (because I bought it online.) then buy another one once the return is complete. Has anyone one got at least an acknowledgement of the issue from someone?
    08-29-13 09:00 PM
59 123