So after being a loyal BlackBerry fan from 2004to2012 I went Iphone route and always felt it was missing something so got a Z10 on launch day in UK and felt it was a good device

Two weeks ago I switched to the Q10 and have not looked back, I now have a device that has it all for me the ultimate BlackBerry

Sure still few issues like the app selection is way behind Apple and the screen real estate takes getting used to from Z10 (hub on q10 can only show five headings from possible seven)

Overall I think BlackBerry are back and clear number three now over Microsoft

This time BlackBerry are at the start of a new growth curve and have momentum over Android and Apple while they are much later on theirs.

Exciting times ahead and hopefully all the other old BlackBerry toting Temp Iphone users will be back too like me typing real long replies to emails!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 01:49 PM
    BlackBerry is back for sure!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:38 PM
    I have Z10 and have opportunity to give it to my Dad and get a Q10 in a couple weeks....

Don't know what to do?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:41 PM
    Yep is back in a major way.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:42 PM
    My Q10 thoughts after 2 days trying out a Q10 aren't so positive coming from 2 months with a Z10. I'm not the Q10's target market but I wanted to see if BlackBerry had brought physical Qwerty in to the modern age or if it's just an anachronism.

The first thing that hit me was the loss of screen real estate. That surprised me because I thought I was expecting it! After all the screen is smaller lol What I wasn't expecting was that it's compounded by some things on screen being bigger too. Compared to the Z10 some GUI elements are wider, some are taller, some are both! It makes for a "chunky" experience like when you drop the resolution down too low on a desktop computer and everything takes up too much screen space. The chunky app grid icons seem clumsy, the Hub and Browser feel positively claustrophobic. Is the resolution lower than a Z10 or is it just the aspect ratio change that's caused the chunkiness of the GUI?

So on to the keyboard. If you came to the Q10 from a physical Qwerty BBOS phone and were an expert on the keyboard you would think it was a much better phone but I haven't been a physical Qwerty BBOS phone user many years so it feels alien to me.

For longer than I can remember I've been a SureType BBOS user, first with physical keys on an 8120 Pearl and then all touch on a 9380 Curve and my god that was a quicker way to type than a full Qwerty and one handed too! I thought I'd never like another keyboard as much as SureType but the Z10 keyboard grew on me more and more every day as it learned my style and corrected my mistakes more and more accurately. It only took a few days until I realised I did like the Z10 keyboard just as much as SureType. For one handed use nothing beats SureType but I've never ever been able to type so fast on a Qwerty keyboard as I can on the Z10 so when I have two hands free the Z10 is better, accuracy doesn't matter so much when the keyboard knows what you mean.

Anyway back to the Q10, while it would take me more than a few days to relearn typing quickly on a physical Qwerty again, I am impressed with the feel of the keys under the finger and how accurately even I can type with my finger tips rather than pecking at the keys with my nails. The keys seem designed to be easy to hit without having to be too accurate and without mashing the adjacent keys in the process. So yes it probably the best physical Qwerty keyboard ever made, but for me that's not saying much! Lol

One thing that does strike me is that the keyboard feels lower down on the device than feels natural to me. It's much lower than a Z10 keyboard and lower than a BBOS Qwerty. It feels like I have to support the top end of the phone as I type by pressing my left index finger against the side of the phone at the top or it might topple out of my hands.

A well discussed design decision is the very small gap between the top of the keyboard and the bezel. Catching the top row keys as you swipe up out if an app feels a little odd, I get that claustrophobic feeling every time I go to swipe up like there isn't room to do it cleanly. I think it would have been better to have the screen higher up and the BlackBerry logo below it like the R5. Having said that I get the feeling BlackBerry have compensated for it by making the swipe up gesture work more reliably starting ON the screen at the bottom rather than from below it. It seems to work better doing it that way compared to my Z10 which prefers me to swipe up from below the screen or more often than not it won't recognise it.

I was also surprised that the Q10 feels heavier than the Z10, the battery is more dense that's for sure but it's still heavier without the battery. Everything else must be more dense to fit it in to a smaller package I guess, or are AMOLED screens disproportionately heavier than LCD?

Anyhow I'm not the Q10's target user so it would be unfair of me to mark it down for any of the things I've said. That's not what I'm trying to do here. It's a great phone for who it's designed for, but that's not me. Back to the Z10 I go.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 03:52 PM
    Just on my third day with the Q10. All I can say is I love it. Yesterday, Friday, is my busiest day;I was texting,emailing, talking, skyping, watch a few videos. Basically I was on the phone the whole day from 8am till midnight and the battery still have 10% remaining. I love this phone, my wife has the Z10 and I have tried hers but loving the Q10. I know BB10 doesn't have Netflix or Instagram but I could care less. If I want to watch Netflix I'll do it on my flat screen and for Instagram well not for me. So basically the Q10 is everything I could ask for and with the BB10 operating system that can and will only improve I am some much liking my choice.
    06-01-13 05:16 PM