I am guessing this is a super easy answer, but I have been unable to come up with it on my own. How do I subscribe to a Crackberry Forum Thread with "instant notification" in the mobile app? I know how to do it from my Desktop, but when I subscribe via the Mobile App, I cannot find any option for notification type.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 06:38 AM
    I am guessing this is a super easy answer, but I have been unable to come up with it on my own. How do I subscribe to a Crackberry Forum Thread with "instant notification" in the mobile app? I know how to do it from my Desktop, but when I subscribe via the Mobile App, I cannot find any option for notification type.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Assuming the CB app works the same on the Q10 as the Z10, when you subscribe to a thread, it uses the notification that you have set up as your default in the Forum settings.
    08-23-13 07:49 AM
    On the desktop,
    Press on Thread Tools.
    Subscribe to Thread.
    Under Notification Type Highlight Instant Notification by email.
    Don't forget to press Add Subscription, at the lower light part of panel.

On the phone, while reading a post hit the 3 vertical dots to the right, click on Subscribe to thread. From the phone you cannot pick notification type.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:32 AM
    Assuming the CB app works the same on the Q10 as the Z10, when you subscribe to a thread, it uses the notification that you have set up as your default in the Forum settings.
    You have to be logged in and once you open your thread and go to the first post hit that post until the menu pops up on the right and click subscribe to thread.
    Ecm likes this.
    08-23-13 10:27 AM
    You have to be logged in and once you open your thread and go to the first post hit that post until the menu pops up on the right and click subscribe to thread.
    [Smacks forehead...] Yes, it would have helped if I included that...
    Thanks for picking up after me.
    08-23-13 11:51 AM
    Thanks everyone. I was hoping that there was a way to chose Notification Type on my phone, but I guess not.

Appreciate all the replies!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:52 PM
    Unless I misunderstand, swipe from the top within the app for Settings. Scroll to the bottom, change Notifications (which really acts as a shortcut to the Berry's Settings).

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:59 PM
    Unless I misunderstand, swipe from the top within the app for Settings. Scroll to the bottom, change Notifications (which really acts as a shortcut to the Berry's Settings).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your reply. I guess I was trying to mimic what I was used to via Crackberry on the desktop, which was choosing that I wanted Instant Notification via email of new posts when I subscribe to a thread. Currently when I subscribe to a thread via the Mobile App, it defaults to "none" and the only solution I have found was to Log In via my desktop and go into my Subscribed Threads and change them to Instant.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 06:04 PM
    I've noticed there are a few things about the website that I cannot access on the CB10 app. For instance, I must go to the desktop website to access certain bits of info, such as messages of thanks. Also, my desktop account has my 9700 as my recent smartphone, but doesn't let me choose a BB10 device (although my Passport info in the CB10 app says otherwise). Point is, I understand your concerns.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 07:33 PM