What the title says. I've read a lot of good and bad things, so I want be asking for such feedback.
    My main concern is that it's a tad old now and I'm not sure how much longer it will be supported. I know there's 10.3.1-something coming out later this year, but what about after that?
    Main functions I need - calling (2G), messaging/email (no social crap, Wifi only), good battery life, Sudoku, a unit converter, alarm clock, and a dictionary (En, De, Ru). Maps and Durak (card game) would be a plus. Preferably all native applications and free .
    Basically I need a stable phone which could serve me for at least 2 years.

I know a couple of more BB devices come out in a few months, but I doubt I could afford any of those off contract for <300EUR. I know that I can buy an Android for such money, even less, but I've spent last 5 years using a bucketOS, and now I want something different. My sister has Z10, pretty neat device, but all this time using touch phones made me realize how I miss keyboard. So now I'm trying to figure out if jumping to Q10 would be worth it. And then there's that uncertain RIM future...
    09-15-14 11:14 AM
    the Q will serve you at least that long. I bought a brand new Q on top of my Z10. Paid 1/3 of the price (compared to launch day). I will be waiting for passport and classic to drop in price before I jump in.
    killkenny1 likes this.
    09-15-14 11:42 AM
    The Q is a nice device at an inexpensive price. Great battery life and in a year or so when battery life starts tapering off, you can buy a new battery. For what you listed as your use, the Q-10 will suit your needs for several years.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 and killkenny1 like this.
    09-15-14 12:45 PM
    For the price that it's at right now, he'll yes love this phone I keep switching back from my Moto X

Q10 Posted via CB10
    killkenny1 likes this.
    09-15-14 12:46 PM
    If you don't want the Passport and don't care for a toolbelt, no doubt. More so with the pricing now.

Posted via CB10
    TonyGman and killkenny1 like this.
    09-15-14 03:38 PM
    Consider few things, Q10 will be probably EOL and won't get 10.3.1 +. Currently I am having fifth Q10. All previous were returned to service with broken keyboard (double type, super sensitive/non working keys). That means I got new Q10 +- every 2 months. Battery on some devices is loose, so if you treat your device little bit it restarts - prrety annoying.
    On the other it's really good device (my first BB). Stock battery was poor so I bought Mugen (solved loose battery).

Posted via CB10
    killkenny1 likes this.
    09-15-14 03:45 PM
    Double type is the biggest problem with the Q10, other than that it's an great phone!!!
    Unit converter, soduku have great native apps and free.. as for the card game I have no idea..
    It's a great phone all around!!!

Posted via CB10
    killkenny1 likes this.
    09-15-14 03:58 PM
    Just ordered mine. Coming from the 9930, it will be different not having a trackpad not to mention from OS7 to OS10.
    09-15-14 05:19 PM
    How much did you buy it for?

I checked yesterday on Amazon it is selling for $250.

Q10 \m/
    09-15-14 05:41 PM
    Consider few things, Q10 will be probably EOL and won't get 10.3.1 +. Currently I am having fifth Q10. All previous were returned to service with broken keyboard (double type, super sensitive/non working keys). That means I got new Q10 +- every 2 months. Battery on some devices is loose, so if you treat your device little bit it restarts - prrety annoying.
    On the other it's really good device (my first BB). Stock battery was poor so I bought Mugen (solved loose battery).

Posted via CB10
    Who said it won't get 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought they fixed that. Where are you getting them from? I picked up a Q a few months ago and it is rock solid and the battery is tight. Are you being given old stock?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:06 PM
    I just bought a brand new BlackBerry Q10 and considering how much I missed the keyboard, I have absolutely no regrets, so if you're like me who loves BlackBerry 10 and a compact smartphone with the best keyboard in the market, this is the one to get!
    I always get ppl always staring at it (especially when it's the Special Edition like mine) I kid you not I get it every time.
    Lots of compliments.

Posted via CB10
    killkenny1 likes this.
    09-15-14 08:48 PM
    I've gone through quite a few Q10s as well. No issues now, but it could be a matter of time. To be fair, Verizon will only ever give me refurbished devices (some in better condition than others).

I'd wait for the Classic, as the keyboard is definitely remedied of the double-typing issue. The size and shape of the Q10 is pretty ideal, though.

Posted via CB10
    killkenny1 likes this.
    09-15-14 08:50 PM

Q10 \m/
    Bough it year ago for more than $800.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:36 PM
    I've had my Verizon Q10 since the first day it came out in the U.S. (I pre-ordered it online).

There's no lag in the OS, the original battery can still go two days on a charge, the keyboard is awesome, the reboot issue when setting it down too hard was fixed with a card under the battery door, and all this despite using it without a case or screen protector and having dropped it in disastrous fashion at least 3 times.

This is a great phone and nowhere near being obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    Joshua LaPorte and killkenny1 like this.
    09-15-14 11:46 PM

Q10 \m/
    Got it for 1 cent. But had to pay $30 tax. Two year upgrade for Verizon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-16-14 01:09 AM
    Agreed. Solid device. I know some folk have issues but that's mass production for you. My wife's Samsung is dead, total waste of time, the iPhone might aswell be iAndroid. The pace of mobile technology is slowly reaching its peak and slowing down so the Q10 will be a reliable bet. Go. For. It.
    killkenny1 likes this.
    09-16-14 01:20 AM
    I wouldn't believe the BS about the device being EoL. EoL first means it is not being produced anymore and carriers/shops start striking it from their inventory and stop selling it. For example the Lumia 1020 from Nokia recently reached EoL status, yet it still gets updates.

Considering how much the price dropped for the Q10, it is a really great deal for that phone. I just saw it recently for only �260 off-contract, compared to the Q5 which starts at �190.
    Regarding the software support, it is too early to tell. We know it will get 10.3.1, most likely at the end of the year or early next year. What happens afterwards is more or less unknown. Might be possible it,will only receive some maintenance releases, but it might be possible the initial BB10 bunch will get another larger upgrade.

Double-typing yes is an issue, but there are quite a number of CB users who have yet,to encounter these problems, even though they are using some of the first Q10 batches. The worst about the issue is the silence from BB about it. There are nothing but rumours about what causes it, has it been fixed with new batches, is it also software related in some cases and so on. What we know is: The Q5 doesn't suffer from it, taking a look at your needs you might also want to consider taking a look at the 10's little brother.

Last but not need least you shouldn't wait too long with your choice. At least here in Germany Z10 prices droped like crazy and just last week when I wanted to order one I noticed not only the prices raised by quote an amount plus the number of shops offering it got cut to less than half of what it used to be. It is obviously being phased out and there might be a chance the Q10 will suffer a similar fate the next coming months.
    09-16-14 02:31 AM
    Recently bought back a new BlackBerry q10 after 2.5 years off blackberry and I must admit I certainly miss the keyboard as opposed to typing on screen... having gone from Samsung to moto g to iphone 5s and now back to q10 just work flawlessly...

Some apps need time to get used to.. and with the price I am paying about usd 280 in msia... it's just cheap.. lasting.. ps: I didn't had battery drain like my old q10 and z10... sold it off due to issue with new os10 software... now this q10 with latest update to 10.2.1.2977 ... it's just work great....

Do remember..with any phones... on any os.. heavy usage will drain the battery and you definitely need a charger be it car or adaptor or powerbank on standby...

Thanks BlackBerry for the awesome q10 on os 10.2...

Let's see if passport or classic is worth it when it's out... but I believe I will hang on to q10 for quite a while..

My 2 cents worth...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:33 AM
    It's one the best and most awesome devices today in the world all u got to do is enjoy buddy trust me I left samsung note 3 and jumped back to this again. It's my 4th q10 keep changing n gettn new ones all the time.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:40 AM
    One last thing it's definetly getting 10.3.1minimum.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:41 AM
    Thank you for all your responses.

Last but not need least you shouldn't wait too long with your choice. At least here in Germany Z10 prices droped like crazy and just last week when I wanted to order one I noticed not only the prices raised by quote an amount plus the number of shops offering it got cut to less than half of what it used to be. It is obviously being phased out and there might be a chance the Q10 will suffer a similar fate the next coming months.
    I'm planning to grab it in the next few months (or maybe even this week). I would really want to see what Classic brings to the table, maybe it'll be worth the wait. Had a chance to play with Q10 today (Cyberspot, since you're from Germany maybe you know the place ).
    They have it for 279EUR. That's the cheapest I've seem Q10 here. Kinda funny, when Q5 is selling for 216EUR at one of the B&M stores. Z10 is around 260EUR. My sister is very disappointed . She bought it when it still was 400+ EUR

In terms off size the Q10 is nearly perfect. Wish it was a bit heavier though (Nokia Lumia 920 heavy). Pretty neat and snappy device. Love the fact that you can delete all preinstalled rubbish like Failbook and Twitter. However it felt kinda weird "reaching up" to touch the screen and a strange location of Delete button - when I tried to delete something I typed P all the time. I guess that's QWERTYZ for ya. Also, inbuilt unit converted had no nautical miles in it! But these aren't very big issues, something I think I can get used to. Overall my first impressions are positive.

On a side note, would it make sense to get a Q10 for the US. Customs wouldn't be a problem, but what about a warranty?
    09-16-14 03:27 PM
    Yes!
    I had one back in April last year and I loved it! Unfortunately I had to claim for a replacement on my insurance only to find they were unable to source another Q10! I had to go on to a samsung and hated it.

Yesterday I saw a Q10 in the window of an exchange store. I jumped and rejoiced! I now have my Q10 back

So yes I do think it's still a phone worth owning! I have never enjoyed a phone more.

Lexy x

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 05:57 AM
    09-17-14 03:10 PM
    Yes. Roll the dice. My two month old Q10 just started double typing the letters a and o last week. Does that randomly. See, noo double typing...spoke too soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:48 AM
44 12