So far for me, all BlackBerry 10 devices are still a good catch. Go for it buddy.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.281
    05-22-15 09:18 AM
    Toolbelt is a "sop" to 9900 users to get them to spend money on a BB10 phone!
    It makes no sense on BB10, so it is a marketing gimmic. Q10 is a great product.
    05-22-15 09:19 AM
    Is the Q10 still a good buy?

Short Answer: YES YES

Long Answer: Yes, it most certainly is still a good buy. It's one of those devices that will last you a long time, specifically because, when the battery becomes un-usable... you can simply replace it

Brand new phone again. It's got a very decent 8mp camera that good enough to capture all your holiday events. It's may not be as clear as an iPhone but still takes great shots

Combined with a sizeable battery and productive processor you can get lots of work and play done. People must bare in mind, the Q10 is not a gaming device nor a device for watching movies on, but either can be done if needed.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-22-15 11:02 AM
    It is the sleeper communications tool. So don't tell others - I do NOT want to pay $200 for one!

Saying that I have 2x Q10 + 3x batteries + external charger.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 12:09 PM
    You guys using a Q10 - does it run the latest OS? Is it pushed directly from the carrier? If so, do you find that carriers are still pushing updates for the Q devices or are you having to load them on from elsewhere?

Sorry for all the questions.

In addition - does the update include the Amazon app store on the Q10 like the Classic and Passport? Or was that just for those devices?
    And finally - can the apps be resized in the same way they can on Classic / Passport? So swiping down from the top of the screen and choosing 'resize' and selecting how you want it displayed.

I am very tempted to pick one up again but wouldn't mind knowing the answer to these questions before I make a decision.

Many thanks.
    05-22-15 12:47 PM
    Q5. Most under rated BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    05-22-15 01:31 PM
    I just got a backup"broken" Q10 off ebay for $50. The charger port looks a little bent so a microusb can't fit. Other than that it looks near perfect and runs beautifully. I ordered some microusb ports to maybe replace it but I might just have to bend it back in place and it will work.

The Q10 is a little beast. Sometimes I'm so surprised at what this phone can do, given its size. The only real downfall is the double typing issue.

I can across the battery bundle on ebay and it's quite cheap at $6.70, only a tad more than the actual battery. http://m.ebay.com/itm/371317603161

So now I have 2 Q10's, a leather pouch, 4 battery bundles and 1 extra battery. Plus, I have parts. A little excessive but at least I won't have to worry about items going out of stock.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 01:56 PM
    YES

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 02:35 PM
    I bought a new BlackBerry Q10 a month ago and its awesome

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 via CrackBerry 10
    05-22-15 02:41 PM
    Too bad about the Q10 double typing. It ruined a really great device.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 08:32 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 08:36 PM
    You guys using a Q10 - does it run the latest OS? Is it pushed directly from the carrier? If so, do you find that carriers are still pushing updates for the Q devices or are you having to load them on from elsewhere?
    In addition - does the update include the Amazon app store on the Q10 like the Classic and Passport? Or was that just for those devices?
    And finally - can the apps be resized in the same way they can on Classic / Passport? So swiping down from the top of the screen and choosing 'resize' and selecting how you want it displayed.

I am very tempted to pick one up again but wouldn't mind knowing the answer to these questions before I make a decision.

Many thanks.
    Can't tell you for the carriers. I bought mine from ShopBB and got the update right away.
    Yup, the Amazon app store's included. But Snap's not. Hehe.
    Yes, of course you can resize apps.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-23-15 02:37 AM
    If you simply love a phone with a keyboard and without a toolbelt, lightweight and fits in hand, removable battery, decent camera and most importantly a BlackBerry then a Q10 is for you. Enjoyed my time with it and swap sims btwn Q10 and iphone 6+ for secondary backup phone.

 Timeless BlackBerry Q10 
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-23-15 02:54 AM
    After I got iPhone 5S from my work, I'm realizing the disadvantages of Q10 more and more.

- iPhone touch keyboard is faster than double typing Q10.

- The screen of Q10 is really bad... the white color is like very dirty white compared to iphone which is much more natural.

- iPhone 5S is faster opening apps, where Q10 is very slow in opening simple/fundamental apps like phone (for call) and sms-threads.

The answer is therefore no. Buy Classic if you want to avoid the first 2 disadvantages above.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 01:59 PM
    Maybe you're right, but unfortunately Classic devices also suffer from double typing issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-23-15 02:24 PM
    After I got iPhone 5S from my work, I'm realizing the disadvantages of Q10 more and more.

- iPhone touch keyboard is faster than double typing Q10.

- The screen of Q10 is really bad... the white color is like very dirty white compared to iphone which is much more natural.

- iPhone 5S is faster opening apps, where Q10 is very slow in opening simple/fundamental apps like phone (for call) and sms-threads.

The answer is therefore no. Buy Classic if you want to avoid the first 2 disadvantages above.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, those double typing issues are bad. I'm really sorry for anyone who has them. Fortunately I don't, and that makes me way faster and accurate than any iPhone.
    I also agree for the screen. The Q10's screen is really bad.

I can also only agree that the iPhone is faster, sadly. BlackBerry definitely needs to try and speed things up, everywhere. Android apps will be slow too but that can't be helped.

But the Q10 and BlackBerry 10 have a bunch of advantages you see no where else. You don't get powerful features like the hub on iOS, you don't get NFC really, or Bluetooth, or personalisable quick settings. And virtual keyboards are also better on BB10. You gotta see the bright side of things, to remind you why you bought this in the first place.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 just can't handle it.
    05-23-15 02:40 PM
    Yeah, those double typing issues are bad. I'm really sorry for anyone who has them. Fortunately I don't, and that makes me way faster and accurate than any iPhone.

I can also only agree that the iPhone is faster, sadly. BlackBerry definitely needs to try and speed things up, everywhere. Android apps will be slow too but that can't be helped.

But the Q10 and BlackBerry 10 have a bunch of advantages you see no where else. You don't get powerful features like the hub on iOS, you don't get NFC really, or Bluetooth, or personalisable quick settings. And virtual keyboards are also better on BB10. You gotta see the bright side of things, to remind you why you bought this in the first place.

I went back to my iPhone 5 for the weekend. OMG, I had no idea how painful it was to allow auto-correct to mess up my typos. To think I put up with that for almost 2 years.

All I can say is, go buy a Q10 and try it for 1 week. Buy a second battery and charger if you need to. If you love it, keep it. If you hate it, sell it on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Trauma Surgeon; 05-23-15 at 03:30 PM.
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-23-15 02:48 PM
    Q10 it's an excellent device... The price of the Classic doesn't worth it.

I was with Q10 than Upgraded to the Passport and didn't liked the big size... Now I bought a brand new Q10 for me...

With the 10.3.1 update everything runs smooth just like my passport did but with a light and smaller device..

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 11:29 PM
    Too bad about the Q10 double typing. It ruined a really great device.

Posted via CB10
    I'm really hoping that this doesn't happen again with my new Q10. That is the only reason I moved to Android but I'm back on my Q10 now. (the new one)

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    05-23-15 11:47 PM

Yes and I don't demand high specs just for the sake of high specs. I just try to say, that we call BlackBerry a productive tool, right.. but when it is slow in opening fundamental functions like SMS-threads and Phone Call app, this is not really the case.

I have tried Z10 keyboard, and sorry to say that iphone autocorrect is more simple and therefore easier/faster to use, at least for me.

Of course there are also a lot of positive things like you have stated, the ability to customize is more detailed, you can attach a file when sending e-mail, more durable/solid hardware, LED notification and of course the sound quality in conversations, which is really bad on iphone 5S.

But I would buy Classic if I didn't had Q10. When it is winter, you don't have to wear off your gloves when you will answer/end call :-) Slightly bigger screen and more natural colors is better in sunlight. Design appeals to me. Easier navigation with touch-pad. You can probably buy a docking-charger, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 04:49 AM
    Yes, yes, and yes!! I bought it 3 weeks ago and updated to 10.3. Very very worth it!! My 1st BB phone ever!!
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-25-15 07:30 PM
    Now it is the best time to buy a Q10 The device is fully supported and almost a steal.
    05-26-15 07:54 AM
    Shhhh! Don't tell everyone. I want to buy another one cheap!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 10:06 AM
    Think I'm gonna buy another Q10.
    Having been disappointed with the Classic (Very very disappointed), I still want a BB to use alongside my iPhone and I have very fond memories of my Q10 that I used last year.

It is a lovely size, good feel (from what I remember) and the screen in my opinion is better than the Classic's. More PPI despite being smaller.
    I have to say, the smalle screen on the Classic didn't bother me at all (compared to my iPhone I mean) but it does worry me going even smaller with the Q10.
    Hopefully I can overlook it for all the benefits the Q10 will bring.

Going to pick a black one up. The white isn't that nice for me. I like the white / gold special edition, but it's double the price of the normal versions on eBay so doesn't seem worth it.
    I normally prefer white phones, but the Q10 in black is (IMO) much much sleeker. And that back! Delicious!
    05-26-15 10:54 AM
    Think I'm gonna buy another Q10.
    Having been disappointed with the Classic (Very very disappointed)
    I'm curious, what has you so disappointed? I'm a Q10 user here and never have tried the Classic.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-26-15 10:58 AM
220 ... 6789