Hi everyone!

I'm having a little issue with my new Blackberry Q10. I'm not quite sure, but I think I somehow managed to damage the Sim Slot when I inserted the adapter (for nano sim card). I've seen the Video of the damage that can be done when inserting the adapter without the sim card in it. I'm not quite sure if some of the Sim contacts are broken because you can't really see it..but whatever I've tried (reboot, software update etc..) it always says that the Sim card cannot be detected. My question now is- can I somehow try and fix this myself or would it just be best to get it fixed somewhere? Is getting it fixed even possible? I've read that you can get the Sim Slot replaced.. I really am a little bit pissed of that this happend

Cheers,
    Watea114
    07-02-13 03:15 AM
    Bad sim card?
    Hi everyone!

I'm having a little issue with my new Blackberry Q10. I'm not quite sure, but I think I somehow managed to damage the Sim Slot when I inserted the adapter (for nano sim card). I've seen the Video of the damage that can be done when inserting the adapter without the sim card in it. I'm not quite sure if some of the Sim contacts are broken because you can't really see it..but whatever I've tried (reboot, software update etc..) it always says that the Sim card cannot be detected. My question now is- can I somehow try and fix this myself or would it just be best to get it fixed somewhere? Is getting it fixed even possible? I've read that you can get the Sim Slot replaced.. I really am a little bit pissed of that this happend

Cheers,
    Watea114
    07-02-13 04:43 AM
    No, dont think that is the case. It works perfectly fine with my Iphone...
    07-02-13 04:58 AM
    Bring it in to your carrier for repair. The best case is they just fix it, the worst case is they fix it and charge for the repair, but at least you get the phone fixed.

As you have learned, SIM adapters are a bad idea. Even if used properly, they can sometimes catch and bend or break the reader pins.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:58 AM
    Yeah, thanks for the info. Never doing that again! I hope they can get it fixed...
    07-02-13 06:11 AM
    I have posted an observation in another thread on the same topic. I am not able to post the URL here.
    It could be related to the SIM type (H1 v/s H4)
    01-13-16 09:02 AM