I wish to see a second generation, of the already amazing Q10 with BB10 OS of course ! NO ANDROID !
    After more than a year with my passport. I still find any reason to go back to my Q10 for a few weeks. BlackBerry really hit the spot with that phone.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    Q10Bold and dmlis like this.
    12-19-15 01:49 AM
    I would so love this. The small size is ideal. And if they throw a toolbelt in there as well, I would use it forever. And possibly a bit better specs. And dual sim. Ah, time to stop dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 04:19 AM
    I wish to see a second generation, of the already amazing Q10 with BB10 OS of course ! NO ANDROID !
    After more than a year with my passport. I still find any reason to go back to my Q10 for a few weeks. BlackBerry really hit the spot with that phone.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    I'm right there with you I was using a Z10 and Z30 and finally went back to the keyboard Q10 and love it. People see me using it thinks it's a bold or something in the past and I tell them it's the Q10 running BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 09:50 AM
    I love my Q10 also, and might consider buying a 2nd one used, to keep as a spare.

Re the toolbelt - have you not seen the Classic? The Classic is a Q10 with a toolbelt and a slightly larger screen. Check it out. :-)

I would so love this. The small size is ideal. And if they throw a toolbelt in there as well, I would use it forever. And possibly a bit better specs. And dual sim. Ah, time to stop dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 08:51 PM
    I'd get one, but only if it had an LCD screen, a capacitive keyboard, a removable battery and an SD card.

The real problem, though, is that it would likely have android, which is a deal breaker for me.
    12-19-15 09:00 PM
    Other than the removable battery (which seems to be going by the wayside in many phones) you're talking about a Passport. Have you considered one? It's much wider than a Q10 for sure, but it has the other requirements you listed, including BB10.

I'd get one, but only if it had an LCD screen, a capacitive keyboard, a removable battery and an SD card.

The real problem, though, is that it would likely have android, which is a deal breaker for me.
    12-19-15 09:15 PM
    I can see why you'd think that.

I've thought about a passport, but passports are so big, and the keyboard layout would take some getting used to. It certainly wouldn't be my ideal form factor.
    12-19-15 09:26 PM
    It's actually too big for my hands too. But it does have both a capacitive keyboard and BB10. Possibly the last time we'll see that combo.

I can see why you'd think that.

I've thought about a passport, but passports are so big, and the keyboard layout would take some getting used to. It certainly wouldn't be my ideal form factor.
    12-19-15 09:49 PM
    I think every Q user would be in agreement with you!

Unfortunately, I do not think it will happen. One, BB seems to view the Classic as a Q20 . . . I disagree. Two, with the focus on Android, I find it hard to believe, as much as I want to believe, that development funds will be spent on a true successor to the Q10.

Somebody much wiser and elegant once wrote, "hope springs eternal . . ."
    12-20-15 08:06 AM
    2ng gen Q10- Passport specs, 4row capacitive keyboard, removeable battery, actual Q10 size! The dont even need to do the drivers..just screw all the parts together Chen! Come on!
    dmlis likes this.
    12-20-15 08:55 AM
    Hey Q10bold,
    I would buy that phone! I am not sure it will happen any time soon. I had the Passport SE, but returned it after finding that it was too wide for me to work with daily. Chen's focus is software, although if he is committed to enterprise that would be a great product. I would love to see Blackberry go to a build to order model with the Q10 through Passport lines for BB10 or Android.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-21-15 12:01 AM
    Blackberry vienna with passport internals would do.

I think the concern with BB10 is that changes in future android runtime may make BlackBerry android runtime model unsustainable.

Dont buy Apple, try sticking with BB10, if you must buy android buy Cyanogen or BlackBerry priv. Buying vanilla Android or Apple just encourages more intrusive mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 06:48 AM
    I love my Q10 also, and might consider buying a 2nd one used, to keep as a spare.

Re the toolbelt - have you not seen the Classic? The Classic is a Q10 with a toolbelt and a slightly larger screen. Check it out. :-)
    Well while I like the Classic for the screen size, I would also like a slightly smaller version.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 07:31 AM
    I still don't understand why they did not beef up the Classic's specs?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 06:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Cheaper to use existing parts.

My bet is thee Q10 probably wasn't selling as well as they had hoped, instead of taking a billion dollar write-off like for the Z10 they decided to make the classic as people wanted it. And just use their existing supply of cpus and such.
    12-22-15 10:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is a valid question! It's not much of an improvement from Q10 and should've categorised Classic as one of the high end smartphones alongside Passport. I do switch between Classic and Q10 and enjoy both devices.

 Blackberryist 
    12-22-15 10:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Would be too confusing to the target demographic.

"Yesterday's tech, today" is the mantra of the BBOS holdouts, so BlackBerry didn't want to risk moving the clock forward too far and bring them to the present.
    FCSC likes this.
    12-23-15 12:05 AM